NEWS The Seibold Rumours pt II: Pies Strikes Back

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Anthony Seibold and his hired goons are poised to detonate a truth bomb that he hopes will leave the NRL in tatters. The list of suspects in the range of the blast so far includes current NRL coaches, former coaches and former first-grade stars. News LTD wants us to believe Pies might be the victim of an orchestrated hit to oust him from the most coveted position in the National Rugby League. His crack squad of cyber-mercenaries, which includes a former member of the UK special forces, have sifted more than 300 leads in the last week.

Initials rumours, spread by Pies' team, that the villain is a "person of prominence" have been amended to include a panoply NRL identities, in the capacity of coaches, ex-coaches, former NRL players, family and friends. Little did the Euroweeners-for-rent realize when they submitted their dossier, it read like a who's who of rugby league. Pies' lawyer Dave Garratt says the quarry is firmly in their gunsight, and they're maybe “90 per cent sure” they can take the shot:

“They are very, very close (to catching the offenders). From what we understand, there is more than one person involved. The cybersecurity people have told me they are 90 per cent sure of who is behind these attacks. In fact, it is a group of people and the investigators will give me the different names. They are trying to find the motivation and we will explore whether the motivation was getting rid of Anthony as coach of the Broncos, or if they don’t like him as a person. What Anthony does with the information is up to him.”

UN General Assembly I sham

90% sure

If the rugby league names pan out, the NRL’s integrity unit will come into play. Garratt says Seibold will have to power to launch legal action on dual fronts:

“There are two different charges Anthony can pursue. He can go for criminal defamation or he can see a defamation lawyer himself regarding a civil suit, but that’s a matter for him. I have advised the investigators not to rush it. I don’t want a half-arsed job. I would rather they be 100 per cent sure and then I will submit that report to Anthony.”

Meanwhile, the worst coach in Broncos history will return to training on Monday, ready to undo whatever good work Peter Gentle has managed in his absence. This week's hooker Issac Luke can barely contain his enthusiasm:

“We are all behind Seibs. Everyone is checking in on him and making sure he is all right. He is still a big part of this group and we want to make him feel involved. I think he gets back on Monday and even up until he went into his isolation, he was a big part of the team. We have been sending him messages. Personally, I feel for him and he has our support.”

McHunt

Last edited:
edit: quoted edited post

Last edited by a moderator:
So we’re to believe a bunch of prominent people in rugby league just fabricated, from absolutely nothing, these stories of Pies extra curricular’s?

Not buying it.

So we’re to believe a bunch of prominent people in rugby league just fabricated, from absolutely nothing, these stories of Pies extra curricular’s?

Not buying it.

Maybe it's more in reference to the original rumour that started it all. Whatever that is. I think what followed was just a case of Chinese whispers. Original rumour may have been something very slanderous but not illegal but by the time it hit social media had evolved into what it became.

Not buying it.
They're not literally saying there was no substance in any of the rumours. We don't even really know which specific rumours they're talking about.

And also, as I've said before, every single person with any interest in rugby league has discussed some element of these rumours and passed judgement on their credibility. If he's not already the least popular man in rugby league, he certainly will be if he starts picking at these strings in public.

STAFF WARNING! NO NAMES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is a shock.
I said from the beginning I doubted what we were hearing was true, but they aren’t just going to spring up out of the ground for zero reason.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.