NEWS The Seibold Rumours pt II: Pies Strikes Back

Which all proves what we already know, he has absolutely nothing and is once again terrible at manipulation. Just makes him look more like he can't handle pressure and overreacts.

The problem with the idea of pursuing ‘facebook’ trolls in defamation cases is proving they aren’t a ‘subordinate distributor’ which anyone who received these rumours and passed them on are.

They aren’t liable (under Qld Law) for the defamation, the original publisher is...
Ah yes, " subordinate distributor" that's the term.

The word "troll" has become sadly bastardized as it's crept into the popular vernacular. A "troll" isn't someone who is argumentative, provocative, abusive, annoying or gossipy. It's specifically someone who's calculating in winding people up. It's a game.

Calling someone a "troll" isn't actually an insult. It's showing a weak hand. Most journalists are trolls, by this definition. They publish stuff they know will push your buttons to draw you in. The Guardian newspaper, for example. Pretty much all trolling, designed to make you unhappy.

In this specific case, it looked to me like most of the people "spreading" these rumours, were neither "trolls" nor bad actors. They either (tentatively) believed what they were posting or they were looking for confirmation. It would be extraordinarily difficult for Pies to prove anyone posted the stories as fact, knowing them to be false, unless they're intimate with the parties involved.

Last edited:
Which all proves what we already know, he has absolutely nothing and is once again terrible at manipulation. Just makes him look more like he can't handle pressure and overreacts.
I'd love to see how you'd handle such scrutiny, pressure and utterly filthy defamation...

Let's not let our disappointment in the team and coaching's performance blind us to what this really is: A fluff piece from an idiot quoting a better paid idiot, whose main aim is to scare the ignorant idiots spreading these disgusting rumours.

I'd love to see how you'd handle such scrutiny, pressure and utterly filthy defamation...

Let's not let our disappointment in the team and coaching's performance blind us to what this really is: A fluff piece from an idiot quoting a better paid idiot, whose main aim is to scare the ignorant idiots spreading these disgusting rumours.

Yeah look, I've already mentioned that I understand why he did it but you can just leave it at the police are involved.

Yeah look, I've already mentioned that I understand why he did it but you can just leave it at the police are involved.
No, I highly doubt you would understand. You haven't been through such an ordeal and neither have I... but judging by the pressure and shit I have had to endure in my life, which is nothing compared to this, and the thick skin I developed as a result, the immense psychological toll this must be taking is not something I would want to deal with for 10x his salary.

Most people here talk a lot of shit, but would crumble under a tenth of the weight he is under.

Totally unrelated but nowhere else to post it...Kayla Boyd has gone off insta, did the trolls get to her too?

No, I highly doubt you would understand. You haven't been through such an ordeal and neither have I... but judging by the pressure and shit I have had to endure in my life, which is nothing compared to this, and the thick skin I developed as a result, the immense psychological toll this must be taking is not something I would want to deal with for 10x his salary.

Most people here talk a lot of shit, but would crumble under a tenth of the weight he is under.
I dunno. For 850k a year I'd give it a red hot crack!

But totally agree noone deserves that nonsense he's been put through in the last two weeks.

Totally unrelated but nowhere else to post it...Kayla Boyd has gone off insta, did the trolls get to her too?

giphy.gif

I dunno. For 850k a year I'd give it a red hot crack!

But totally agree noone deserves that nonsense he's been put through in the last two weeks.
Looking at the $$$$, I probably would give it a crack too to be honest. I have no idea whether I would deal with the situation better than he has, but then again, I probably wouldn't have put up with the Primadonnas who appear to have taken the club hostage, no matter their names...

This my biggest gripe with Seibs. He seems to lack the intestinal fortitude to slam his fist on the table and hook any player who isn't performing at the required level, be it individually or collectively, on or off the field.

My bigg st gripe is that he's a fucking shit coach, who knew full well from history that if the fans turn, he's fucked.

He still took the job. He changed nothing constantly. He's destroyed the team. But it still woe is me.

I'm not too concerned with his personal life, or how he feels. What's happened is disgusting, but at the end of the day, the coach of this team is shit, and he needs to **** off. If that makes him feel sad, then I don't care.

As @Jason Simmons has said, until the magistrate or court gives warrant - zip chance in hell they will nail anyone. Infact, if they assume they have got the person and persue them without legal police/court backing - they will open themselves up to intimidation and defamation going public. The only way to lock down who is doing it is via telco/IG/FB data and a cellebrite on the devices to strip the data and confirm.

So yes - Seibold is being taken for a very expensive ride. All his crack team is doing, is simply throwing pieces of an online puzzle around to try and get an idea who posted what first. If they somehow construct a public posting timeline and the original postings are from some Micky Mouse and Donald Duck account - the whole thing is dead in the water.

Moral of the story, if you want to harass someone online and not get caught... VPN > Private browsing window > Donald Duck Fake account > Dont post specific identifiable information = Job done, untouchable.

Looking at the $$$$, I probably would give it a crack too to be honest. I have no idea whether I would deal with the situation better than he has, but then again, I probably wouldn't have put up with the Primadonnas who appear to have taken the club hostage, no matter their names...

This my biggest gripe with Seibs. He seems to lack the intestinal fortitude to slam his fist on the table and hook any player who isn't performing at the required level, be it individually or collectively, on or off the field.
There’s no need to hook anyone though, just wait for injuries. Like Turpin with Macca and Dearden with Milford/Croft.
Seibold hasn’t made a hard decision yet.

As @Jason Simmons has said, until the magistrate or court gives warrant - zip chance in hell they will nail anyone. Infact, if they assume they have got the person and persue them without legal police/court backing - they will open themselves up to intimidation and defamation going public. The only way to lock down who is doing it is via telco/IG/FB data and a cellebrite on the devices to strip the data and confirm.

So yes - Seibold is being taken for a very expensive ride. All his crack team is doing, is simply throwing pieces of an online puzzle around to try and get an idea who posted what first. If they somehow construct a public posting timeline and the original postings are from some Micky Mouse and Donald Duck account - the whole thing is dead in the water.

Moral of the story, if you want to harass someone online and not get caught... VPN > Private browsing window > Donald Duck Fake account > Dont post specific identifiable information = Job done, untouchable.

Sounds Like another siebold stuff up except at least this time he is just doing it to himself.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.