The silence is deafening from the old boys

For sure and to be honest, I think all of us want Kevvie to succeed and the same cannot be said of Seibold. Kevvie is so likeable and you can see he is trying his best, even if his best ends up not being good enough.

Kevvie certainly deserves some leeway and especially while dealing with this horribly assembled squad which is not of his doing at all. However what fans want to see is progress and evidence of structures / improvement being put in place. There have definitely been elements of that at times this year right up to the Roosters game. Since then though, the team has started to freefall on the back of some needless and unnecessary team changes.

Kevvie will hopefully learn though and stop making some of the mistakes he has made. He has earned the leeway of until the middle of next year for mine.
Not directed at you, just your comment prompted/reminded me - even all of the chopping and changing could be accepted if we had some sort of explanation coming from someone at the club as to why decisions were being made and what the end game is. Instead, we either hear nothing or completely inconsistent statements that emanate from Kev which are then contradicted by later events.

The old boys are silent because the media are stitched up and won't give them air.

I don't know what its going to take to wake Broncos fans up that the NRL, the Broncos board and the media are purposefully dismantling the team to make way for a second Brisbane team.

Why do you think Seibold booted them all last year? Because they would blow the whistle!

That game against the Raiders was just another atrocious case of match fixing - six-agains in the first half designed to take all the wind out of any team, and then the Kobe Hetherington send-off?!

Wake up people.

Look at my post referring to Controlled Demolition.
Listen Highwayman, this conspiracy of yours isn't supported by evidence but is riddled with conjecture. When you have real evidence we will all listen. Until then we'll keep getting immunised and believing everything our lizard overlords tell us.

Not directed at you, just your comment prompted/reminded me - even all of the chopping and changing could be accepted if we had some sort of explanation coming from someone at the club as to why decisions were being made and what the end game is. Instead, we either hear nothing or completely inconsistent statements that emanate from Kev which are then contradicted by later events.
I could call him and find out but he's got enough on his plate🤫

Has anyone else thought maybe Adrian Lam would be worth a shot.
I think he's travelling ok over in the superleague , albeit it's not the NRL.
HE is a Queenslander after all even though he has never been aligned with the Broncos.
Strangely Victor Radley credits him with his defence from the Roosters Juniors (hight shots or not). Anyone that would sort out our rubbish defence would have to be worth looking at.

I just think it’s a fools errand even considering Smith. The fact that the club still talks about he and Bellamy is a disgrace. They’ve been given more than enough chances, it’s time to move on and forget about them. It’s like a guy asking the same girl out 10 times, she says no 10 times, and he is still hoping she will go out with him.

The answer of course is to find some pride and self-respect and fucking move on. But our club can’t apparently.

Two realistic moves I think would offer near term improvement -

1. Sack Nolan and find at least a capable head of recruitment.

2. Sign Neil Henry as an assistant under Kevin.
Nothing wrong with the Henry suggestion but I'd go another way and get Flanagan here quick smart for 2022. Keep KW on the same coin and tell him he needs to co coach or accept a subordinate role but reassure him he is here to stay. Give Flanagan final say and retain KW so we keep his supporters happy. In fact, we should have made such a decision before the season started.

Nothing wrong with the Henry suggestion but I'd go another way and get Flanagan here quick smart for 2022. Keep KW on the same coin and tell him he needs to co coach or accept a subordinate role but reassure him he is here to stay. Give Flanagan final say and retain KW so we keep his supporters happy. In fact, we should have made such a decision before the season started.
He’s also Melbournes kryptonite

Listen Highwayman, this conspiracy of yours isn't supported by evidence but is riddled with conjecture. When you have real evidence we will all listen. Until then we'll keep getting immunised and believing everything our lizard overlords tell us.
Yeah ... because people who are conspiring always present their evidence to the public.

Have you lived such a sheltered life that you've never encountered evil people who do evil things behind people's backs for personal gain and power?

Are you of the belief that such practices don't happen? That everyone is nice and never conspires against others?

What a small, sheltered little world you live in.

Why would we do this with Flanagan instead of trying to get Bennett back?

Yep, Seibold booted all the old boys, except Locky, Alfie, Corey Parker, Jack Reed, Jharal Yow Yeh, Matt Gillett, Peter Ryan, Michael Hancock, Scott Prince and Justin Hodges…

Oh and of course himself…

Don’t let facts get in the way of your agenda.
None of whom - apart from Ryan and Parker for a while - were involved in coaching.

Why would we do this with Flanagan instead of trying to get Bennett back?
Yes, I'd like WB back as a first preference but I was only responding with the view that WBs coaching career is just about over. I'm not advocating for a Coaching Director type role for Flanagan but more a Head Coach keeping KW as head coach in waiting. Anyway, just pie in the sky stuff from me here.

Yeah ... because people who are conspiring always present their evidence to the public.

Have you lived such a sheltered life that you've never encountered evil people who do evil things behind people's backs for personal gain and power?

Are you of the belief that such practices don't happen? That everyone is nice and never conspires against others?

What a small, sheltered little world you live in.
I'd hardly be described as shy or having lived a sheltered existence! I just don't think like a conspiracy nut.

I'd hardly be described as shy or having lived a sheltered existence! I just don't think like a conspiracy nut.

The term "conspiracy nut" is so convenient isn't it.

Just throw that in the mix and you've relieved yourself of thinking, debating, talking rationally or even discussing any further. I feel sorry for the multitudes who have been programmed with this phrase "conspiracy theory" - because they will never think critically again about serious issues again in their lives.

Very sad.

What's John Morris up to after his axing? He was doing something right down there with a depleted salary cap and some overpaid players

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • simplythebest
  • Tmac
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.