The silence is deafening.

As for Milford, I am in the group that want him dropped. I want him to do well, every supporter does but he needs a rocket. Dearden is a decent back up half. If Milf gets dropped, at least it sends a message no one is above the team and shows that he just isn't cutting it, which he isn't. I don't know if one or three weeks are needed but hey, if Dearden does well, how is that a bad thing?

Do you honestly think Dearden would do well behind that pack of boys we fielded the other night? Really? Don't you recall how well Milford and Croft combined in the first 2 rounds behind a good forward pack, especially since they are a new combination? Dearden would have been smashed and his confidence shattered if he was out there last game. Just what he, and we, don't need

Last edited:
Seibold replacing Wayne Bennett and Darius Boyd still having a spot is pretty laughable too, yet they both happened. We don’t get to pick the best options anymore but we have to pick other options because what we have simply isn’t working

you do realize that Wayne not only lost to Seibold this year, but is also currently below him on the competition table, with a more hardened team.

i can also guarantee you that if Wayne was still here then Darius Boyd would still be playing fullback and things would be far worse

I have this image of Wayne Bennett dressed up in his best Thanos armour saying to Paul White " You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. You thought by replacing me with Seibold that the Broncos would thrive, but you have shown me... that's impossible. As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist. "

you do realize that Wayne not only lost to Seibold this year, but is also currently below him on the competition table, with a more hardened team.

i can also guarantee you that if Wayne was still here then Darius Boyd would still be playing fullback and things would be far worse

On a sort of side note, and I may well be on my own here, but I reckon we are still trying to get rid of the Bennett style of football we have understandably inherited after decades of him at the helm. Seibold has a different style to Bennett and it will take time for that difference to gel.

For example, I reckon Bennett coached Milford's running game out of him. Seibold has stated many times he wants that running and passing game back. We saw a lot of it in rounds 1 and 2. Having said that, the Bennett defence of '15 and '16 was terrific. We just aren't coached well enough to emulate that - yet, and for mine, that is definitely on Seibold.

(Well - just read your post above @Wolfie. Hmmm ... )

Last edited:
Everything will be alright. If we can keep our full strength team on the field for a few weeks we will know where we are at this year. Some things need to change - new attitudes, new jerseys to go with them. Hate that jersey.

Yeah I’m definitely aware. We beat the Rabbitohs because of individual brilliance. Not because of any kind of coaching or game plans. The Rabbits aren’t doing great either, but Bennett has proven over 30+ years that he has a clue. Replacing him with someone who doesn’t was laughable. Furthermore, we didn’t even play this badly last year with Boyd at fullback. We’ve never played this bad, even when we got flogged in previous years.

Im not sure how you could say it was a good idea with a straight face anymore. I know hindsight helps, but without the distractions and losing all of the adults in the team we weren’t playing this badly. We could have still passed it to Haas and Fifita, but could also have had an alright defensive line and some game plans. I’m not at all saying we would have been successful with Bennett, but we would have been better than we are now.

Also you guys have to stop cherry picking any comment made about Bennett and Boyd and avoiding the actual point being made. It’s getting old.

Do you honestly think Dearden would do well behind that pack of boys we fielded the other night? Really? Don't you recall how well Milford and Croft combined in the first 2 rounds behind a good forward pack, especially since they are a new combination? Dearden would have been smashed and his confidence shattered if he was out there last game. Just what he, and we, don't need

I don't know but I tell you what, he wouldn't do worse than Milford and at least he can tackle. He would also bring enthusiasm to the side. But what if he swims rather than sinks? What if he does as well as Milford? What if he doesn't do that well? The point is, you are giving him a shot AND you are putting a rocket up one of the under-performing or over-paid entitled brats in the team.

On a sort of side note, and I may well be on my own here, but I reckon we are still trying to get rid of the Bennett style of football we have understandably inherited after decades of him at the helm. Seibold has a different style to Bennett and it will take time for that difference to gel.

For example, I reckon Bennett coached Milford's running game out of him. Seibold has stated many times he wants that running and passing game back. We saw a lot of it in rounds 1 and 2. Having said that, the Bennett defence of '15 and '16 was terrific. We just aren't coached well enough to emulate that - yet, and for mine, that is definitely on Seibold.

(Well - just read your post above @Wolfie. Hmmm ... )
Well we sure as **** have forgotten how to defend like we used to.

Well we sure as **** have forgotten how to defend like we used to.

And THAT is so fucking important it isn't funny
[automerge]1591433690[/automerge]
I don't know but I tell you what, he wouldn't do worse than Milford and at least he can tackle. He would also bring enthusiasm to the side. But what if he swims rather than sinks? What if he does as well as Milford? What if he doesn't do that well? The point is, you are giving him a shot AND you are putting a rocket up one of the under-performing or over-paid entitled brats in the team.

Sorry mate, but I simply cannot see Dearden doing anything behind the pack we fielded. Any enthusiasm he might have had would have been crushed given the woeful running and defending in the middle. He would have at best been as good as Paix, a few good things and lot of ordinary things.

If Milf doesn't return to his best after we field our best pack then sure, drop him but not until then

Last edited:
I actually dont think Wayne would be the answer right now. He is probably going a year too long but i still think some of our struggles are down to the way we got rid of him. I reckon if we gave Bennett his extra year that he wanted, and then went for Seibs, the whole thing would have gone a lot better for everyone.

I actually dont think Wayne would be the answer right now. He is probably going a year too long but i still think some of our struggles are down to the way we got rid of him. I reckon if we gave Bennett his extra year that he wanted, and then went for Seibs, the whole thing would have gone a lot better for everyone.

Which struggles Wolfie?

Funnily enough, I never even said Bennett should be our coach in 2020. In fact when we were arguing about the Seibold signing last year I said exactly what you’ve said here. The extra year was perfect and then following a succession plan would have been the best option for the club. The point that @Foordy was arguing wasn’t the point I was making at all.

Bennett wasn’t an option for 2020 so it doesn’t matter what we would be doing with him here. The succession plan would have created far less distractions, Boyd probably retires last year with Bennett leaving too. But we won’t talk about that will we?

Which struggles Wolfie?

The disruption it all caused. Didnt really give Seibs a good start here, and while i dont think the players resent Seibs, they resented Bennett's treatment. Its all had a bit of a knock on effect into this year. Imo, the whole thing was setup for failure. But saying that, i think Seibs has made some bad decisions as well that havent helped.

Seibold replacing Wayne Bennett and Darius Boyd still having a spot is pretty laughable too, yet they both happened. We don’t get to pick the best options anymore but we have to pick other options because what we have simply isn’t working

I actually don’t want to hear from them. I want them to train, train and learn to catch the football. Then I want them to smash Manly by plenty as their “we are sorry”

Everything will be alright. If we can keep our full strength team on the field for a few weeks we will know where we are at this year. Some things need to change - new attitudes, new jerseys to go with them. Hate that jersey.

Bring back the 2015 heritage. If wearing that can't get them fired up, nothing will.

I'm actually okay with them saying nothing. I'm sick of the fluff BS pieces since Seibold came along like some sort of propaganda machine.

I just want them to defend their hearts out next week win or lose. 2 record losses in 5 games screams stinky attitude. No words will change that, performing like they care next week will, and maybe the week after too but I'll take one week at this point.

Active Now

• HVbronco
  • eggstar10
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncsgoat
  • MrMoore
  • lynx000
  • Muros
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.