The state of the Suncorp turf

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
What the **** is doing with this?

This is supposed to be one of the best Stadiums in the world, yet the playing surface looks like the surface of the Moon, not a premier sporting field. Milford, Bird and Boyd looked like they were playing on a fucking ice rink out there and to top it off, it cost us 3 tries.

Not quite 2003-2005 bad but yeah its pretty bad.

What the **** is doing with this?

This is supposed to be one of the best Stadiums in the world, yet the playing surface looks like the surface of the Moon, not a premier sporting field. Milford, Bird and Boyd looked like they were playing on a fucking ice rink out there and to top it off, it cost us 3 tries.
They share the pitch with the A-league and the Super XV so that's always going to be a problem with consistency. Is this really worth a separate thread mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Inappropriate.

They share the pitch with the A-league and the Super XV so that's always going to be a problem with consistency. Is this really worth a separate thread mate?

Hey bro just chill a little
A-league hasn't been played in brisbane for a couple weeks now just by the way as well

This stadium has had several teams using it for years and the surface has never looked this bad apart from when there was a lot of rain.

Something has gone wrong.

Hey bro just chill a little
A-league hasn't been played in brisbane for a couple weeks now just by the way as well
What, like 3 or 2 weeks ago? That's not really that long of a period of time. Unfortunately stadiums Queensland have the say over who plays and when, including live music acts and what not. We're hamstrung by their decisions which WILL affect our performance if the pitch is not up to scratch.

We need to be better, for sure, but the state of the pitch is not in our control. I personally feel we're being affected by the governments decisions to host live acts there, but at least I can acknowledge that a reason for the slips and falls is not "completely" the players fault especially when the turf is relaid every few weeks.

What, like 3 or 2 weeks ago? That's not really that long of a period of time. Unfortunately stadiums Queensland have the say over who plays and when, including live music acts and what not. We're hamstrung by their decisions which WILL affect our performance if the pitch is not up to scratch.

We need to be better, for sure, but the state of the pitch is not in our control. I personally feel we're being affected by the governments decisions to host live acts there, but at least I can acknowledge that a reason for the slips and falls is not "completely" the players fault especially when the turf is relaid every few weeks.
Surely it would give them enough time to fix the field up unless they are incompetent
I noticed at half time dudes were wandering around and picking clumps of grass off the field and trying to patch it up.
on a side note why don't we use ANZ stadium in brisbane more

Your home ground is supposed to give you an advantage....not a disadvantage.

Its a fucken disgrace.

Surely it would give them enough time to fix the field up unless they are incompetent
I noticed at half time dudes were wandering around and picking clumps of grass off the field and trying to patch it up.
on a side note why don't we use ANZ stadium in brisbane more
That's the question mate. The state of the pitch should be taken into consideration as to where we play. Unfortunately it's not so we are forced to play on a recently relayed surface. This shit happens but we still found the win.

It needs to be fixed before the manly game: they’re used to playing on a horrid surface. It’d be like aus producing a raging turner vs India.

Yeah it's been awful for years. I mentioned in the super round thread - how do they expect to play 8 fucking matches here in a weekend?

That's the question mate. The state of the pitch should be taken into consideration as to where we play. Unfortunately it's not so we are forced to play on a recently relayed surface. This shit happens but we still found the win.
It was a strange surface tonight that's for sure and it sure wasn't good to watch the broncos play on that ground. Especially after Manly having the acl injuries at brookie

If any of you had listened to Fittler, you'd know the answer. But since no one does, because no one should, I'll relay the message.

The current type of grass dies out during winter, so at the moment they're seeding it for a different type that will take over and last through the cold. They're top-dressing it, meaning it's a but sandy/dirty which helps the seeds bed but means you can lose grip.

Tonight's surface kind of reminded me of when Suncorp opened and the field was a sandpit and there were a spate of knee injuries.

If any of you had listened to Fittler, you'd know the answer. But since no one does, because no one should, I'll relay the message.

The current type of grass dies out during winter, so at the moment they're seeding it for a different type that will take over and last through the cold. They're top-dressing it, meaning it's a but sandy/dirty which helps the seeds bed but means you can lose grip.

I refuse to believe Fittler said all that, and if he did he was reading directly from notes.

Can you repeat that.....I wasn't listening.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • ozzball
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.