NEWS Thurston: Broncos can't win title with halves' form

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRLRd22CowboysvBroncossZPx0hvl6PGx

Cowboys maestro Johnathan Thurston delivers Brisbane halves stinging reality check

August 11, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Milf never fumbled the grubber that JT put through. In actual fact the point of the ball hit the turf just before Milf and took a wicked deflection that made it virtually sail over his head. Milf was at full stretch and could not quite reach it to get a clean catch on it. At no time did he fumble it. And what about Milf's 'match winning' try that was chalked off because the cows infringed at the play the ball? Credit when it's due FFS.

Hey Jono, no one cares **** now **** off.

Remind me where you currently are on the ladder you cheating pos.

You can either take criticism and get mad, achieving nothing, or take it and try to improve yourself.

You can either take criticism and get mad, achieving nothing, or take it and try to improve yourself.

Imagine if Milf came out and said the Dragons can’t win the comp with Hunt at halfback (they can’t).

Milford has been better than Thurston all season. If I'm picking a half in 2018 beetween JT and Milf, I'm taking Milford 10 times out of 10.

Stop using our halves as scapegoats, our defense is far and wide the worst in the top 8. If we don't clean up our defense, it doesnt matter if we had 2 Lockyers in halves. We won't win.

Last edited:
Milford has been better than Thurston all season. If I'm picking a half in 2018, I'm taking Milford 10 times out of 10.

Stop using our halves as scapegoats, our defense is far and wide the worst in the top 8. If we don't clean up our defense, it doesnt matter if we had 2 Lockyers in halves. We won't win.

If we had 2 Lockyers, we would be in the top 4.

He is someone that could fix the attitude problem and get us home in the close games.

We'd probably be like "**** yeah, Milf" on here.

The media wouldn't share the same opinion lmao.

Milford has been better than Thurston all season. If I'm picking a half in 2018 beetween JT and Milf, I'm taking Milford 10 times out of 10.

In retrospect I think our premiership odds went to zero when we lost Gillett and Bird for the season. Imagine our defence and leadership with those two in the team, especially on Nikorima's side of the field with Bird at centre. Of course that Dragons grub who crusher tackled Gillett and subsequently ended his season copped no time on the sidelines, as is tradition.

Last edited:

Spot on. Our defense is pathetic and that all comes down to attitude.

We all know we can attack, attack isn't the issue. The issue is our attitude and attitude alone, it all trickles down from our bad attitude - poor defense giving away penalties, dropped balls, taking the wrong option and so on.

We have great halves, I love Milf and Niko but the entire teams attitude needs to change drastically and improve consistently for us to even nr considered a title threat.

If Thurston was 7 for us this year we'd be Top 4.
They have a forward pack with taumolo in it. If he cant get them into the top 2 with taumololo leading the pack he wouldnt get our team into the top 15 with our injured pack.

Thurston and the cowboys bandwagoners should stick to worrying about their own team. 1 win and they are all of a sudden re-appearing from their dungeons. Reminds me of 2015 after their 20 years of abysmal failure. “Best team in queensland” haha

Active Now

• mrslong
  • BRC088
  • Tmac
  • Fitzy
  • heartly87
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • GCBRONCO
  • barker
  • Culhwch
  • Spoon
  • Howie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • RolledOates
  • cento
  • broncsgoat
  • Behold
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.