NEWS Thurston: Broncos can't win title with halves' form

Souths haven't been runners up since 1969. And they won it the next year.
Sorry I was talking about them winning and the slumping to last the following year. I was sure they did this sometime in the 80s.

In 1989 they were minor premiers, failed to make the Grand Final. The following season they finished dead last winning just two matches.

He's 100% right. ****,Ray Charles could see our halves aren't going to deliver us a premiership this season. But we've also been dealt some major injuries this season. I can't blame our season on our halves.

I'm not sure what room JT thinks he has criticizing other teams THIS year.
He is a future immortal and he has played a few games at the highest level. He knows what it takes to win. Regardless of what year we talk about.

Yeah we might have the worst halves that have ever laced on a boot, but somehow we have managed to score ONE less point per game than the ladder leaders. Go take a look at our points against & you will find the real reason our team is struggling.

He's kinda right - we play one good half and one bad half of footy every week!

The issue I have with this is the final word in the thread title. If you take away "form", of which JT surely shouldn't be talking about, he's pretty much spot on.

Yeah we might have the worst halves that have ever laced on a boot, but somehow we have managed to score ONE less point per game than the ladder leaders. Go take a look at our points against & you will find the real reason our team is struggling.
That’s spot on. So basically you can blame our woes on Gillette for fracturing his neck. He’s the defensive glue and him being out has walloped our defensive structure. And not having a solidified left centre. Fix those two things and we get a premi.

That’s spot on. So basically you can blame our woes on Gillette for fracturing his neck. He’s the defensive glue and him being out has walloped our defensive structure. And not having a solidified left centre. Fix those two things and we get a premi.

And not having Bird. Imagine our edge defence with Bird at centre instead of Kahu.

JT didn't win a title as the major half until he was 32. Milford is 24. I'm fairly confident Milford will be younger when winning a premiership as the major half.

And not having Bird. Imagine our edge defence with Bird at centre instead of Kahu.
Exactly. A fit bird in the centres would help us achieve a super solid defensive line with plenty of talk.

Exactly. A fit bird in the centres would help us achieve a super solid defensive line with plenty of talk.

A good defensive centre would help and so would Gillette but it’s far more than that. Seems attitude, concentration of team as a whole.

Individuals have a lot of contribution. Boyd can’t be defending in line and failing to get back to get grabbers. Isaako doesn’t know how to defend on wing but isn’t helped trying to cover for Fullback on kicks and coming in cause doesn’t trust the centre. KNik is learning but still have too small ‘halves’ to protect without experienced and fear inducing body guards. Inexperience in second row likely hampers communication. People taking advantage of McGuires vision and turning his back. Even Macca gets tired at times and doesn’t look as good in defence as pre acl. Dropped ball also puts a lot of pressure on defence. TPJ is about our only enforcer in defence as well doesn’t help. Opposition isn’t afraid to run into a line standing still waiting for them. But when essentially playing 16 men most of the season more likely to tire.

A lot of issues but suggests structural issues. Some will be fixed by a few key players back next year if return fit and experience will help guys. But coming 11th or so in defence needs a good look in off season especially as a lot of the tries we give away are very soft.

Wonder if JT might have a different view now?

Active Now

• Howie
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • RolledOates
  • cento
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.