NEWS Thurston: Broncos can't win title with halves' form

Why doesn't Thurston come play at the broncos then and walk the walk?

Milford has been better than Thurston all season. If I'm picking a half in 2018 beetween JT and Milf, I'm taking Milford 10 times out of 10.

Stop using our halves as scapegoats, our defense is far and wide the worst in the top 8. If we don't clean up our defense, it doesnt matter if we had 2 Lockyers in halves. We won't win.

“If we dont clean up our defense” yeah but how about we stop dropping the ball all the time !

Thurston as great as he has been has gone 1 year to many. Is form this year has been bad. It's the same with Matt Scott and Gavin Cooper.

The cowboys will struggle more than not in the coming years, they'll win on the back of Taumalolo and that's it. I'm going to really enjoy their fall from grace.

Imagine if JT became our halves coach next year [emoji33][emoji847][emoji106]

No matter how big of a failure 2018 may turn out to be for the Broncos, at least we aren’t the Cowboys.

Hehehe yep.

Would this be a record? There are still a few weeks to go of course but just curious - has a runner-up grand finalist team won the wooden spoon the next year?

Hehehe yep.

Would this be a record? There are still a few weeks to go of course but just curious - has a runner-up grand finalist team won the wooden spoon the next year?
I swear the Roosters have done it before, but I'm genuinely going off shaky memory there.

Hehehe yep.

Yeh, I’m not too good with my history, but it’d be great if they were the first to do it, HA!

Last edited:
If we had 2 Lockyers, we would be in the top 4.

He is someone that could fix the attitude problem and get us home in the close games.
While I take your point. Even As great as Lockyer was, even he can’t cover up for lost possession. 2008 anyone?

He could’ve tackled GI in 2008 but alas was ten metres away!! [emoji23]

Last edited:
No way the Cowboys get the spoon. They'll lose to the Sharks away this week, but will beat Parramatta at home (JT's last Townsville game) and Titans away (JT's last game).

Last edited:
Hehehe yep.

Yeh Souffs done it back in the 80s.

No way the Cowboys get the spoon. They'll lose to the Sharks away this week, but will beat Parramatta at home (JT's last Townsville game) and Titans away (JT's last game).

Jt's parting gift , a nice wooden spoon. I bet if you asked real nice he'd spank you with it.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Howie
  • Tmac
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Purple Pills
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.