Tim Smith close to signing elsewhere.

Hope it was the right decision. Good luck Tim!

BroncoMatt said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Bannermania said:
The Broncos rely a bit too much on their Farm system IMHO.

They would rather blood a player that's a failure rather than keep a player willing to play, who has been purchased.

Nail on the head

You mean like Winterstein, Folau, Wallace, Anderson, Teo Setu & Sims? [icon_shru

That's not exactly what I mean. What I mean is that they would prefer to keep trying to bring through youngsters that might not deserve as much of a shot as they would think.

The Broncos do believe in their own system a fair bit, and I'm not saying it hasn't worked, but for a player like Smith to be cast aside for Ben Hunt, it seems a bit silly. Smith is a very gifted footballer, and what if Ben Hunt decides he'd like to play first grade?

Then you'd be left with nuthin'.

And what if we keep Smith let Hunt go and then Smith goes back to being a trouble maker?

Hunt understands he is a year or 2 off being ready to be a regular first grader.

draggx said:
And what if we keep Smith let Hunt go and then Smith goes back to being a trouble maker?

hard to say, I'm sure the organisation would do the most appropriate thing.

Oh well, in any case, it is the Sharks problem now.

We should follow the Titans lead and just buy every idiot off contract.

Bannermania said:
BroncoMatt said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Bannermania said:
The Broncos rely a bit too much on their Farm system IMHO.

They would rather blood a player that's a failure rather than keep a player willing to play, who has been purchased.

Nail on the head

You mean like Winterstein, Folau, Wallace, Anderson, Teo Setu & Sims? [icon_shru

That's not exactly what I mean. What I mean is that they would prefer to keep trying to bring through youngsters that might not deserve as much of a shot as they would think.

The Broncos do believe in their own system a fair bit, and I'm not saying it hasn't worked, but for a player like Smith to be cast aside for Ben Hunt, it seems a bit silly. Smith is a very gifted footballer, and what if Ben Hunt decides he'd like to play first grade?

Then you'd be left with nuthin'.

It has already been stated in this thread (or the player movements thread), that Smith was offered a 2 year deal by us, but turned us down because he doesn't want to sit behind Wallace and Lockyer. So Smith is not being cast aside for Ben Hunt. what are the Broncos supposed to do put a gun to his head to get him to sign [icon_shru

If I were Smith I would choose carefully which team I go to. Going to the Sharks is a bad move IMO, surely another club would be willing to sign him up. Possibly Cowboys or Bulldogs maybe even the Rabbits.

beads, I think its a good move because he will walk into first grade no questions asked at the Sharks. Probably the only team in the comp right now that doesn't have an established pair in the halves or young guys they are committed to bringing through. He gets the chance to help a team that desperately needs it and its not like he won't get forward momentum from his pack because they have they fire power to put the halves into a good position.

The Gymp said:
beads, I think its a good move because he will walk into first grade no questions asked at the Sharks. Probably the only team in the comp right now that doesn't have an established pair in the halves or young guys they are committed to bringing through. He gets the chance to help a team that desperately needs it and its not like he won't get forward momentum from his pack because they have they fire power to put the halves into a good position.

Might be a good move for the short term but long term I don't think so. Good luck to him but the Sharks are not the club I would want to play at .

Yeah that is what I meant, gives him a good chance to show his skills off to any potential suitors. As long as he only signs for 1-2 seasons I guess.

The Gymp said:
Yeah that is what I meant, gives him a good chance to show his skills off to any potential suitors. As long as he only signs for 1-2 seasons I guess.

That is exactly right - Sharks are going to get no one except people who play for the big money --> which is a path they don't want to go down anyway...

If he signs for 2yrs whats the chance we could see him back once Locky Retires?

None hopefully, by then we should no if Ben Hunt is a gun or not and Tim Smith knowing what he is like will either have crashed and burned or will be going awesome and be asking for way too much for us to lure him back.

draggx said:
If he signs for 2yrs whats the chance we could see him back once Locky Retires?

Same chance we may be seeing Ben Hannant?

Unread

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.