Time for a new coach. . .

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Even if you don't think Ivan the terrible should go, throw someones name into the hat and why.

For me i want to see Gus Gould in charge. Imagine the pride he would instill back into the players. He would make them believe that playing for the Broncos was an honor and it just wasn't a job. Plus the man knows his shit. And imagine the up roar from everyone. So for me- Bring on Gus :)

I want to see Henjak given some time (more than half a season anyway). if it was decided that we needed a new coach, i would like to see Henry given the job (i Know that he has a long contract with the Cowgirls)

HARSH...

oh well If a new coach was to be chosen I'd like to see Matt Elliot given a shot or maybe Terry Matterson

I think we need a coach who hasn't played for us.

I say sign up Gus Gould.

We missed out when we went after Bellamy instead of Henry.

If we want someone who understands the Broncos system but has been far enough removed to not be polluted by the cancerous deterioration of the past 3 years, Terry Matterson.

If we want an outsider who has an attachment to the area (Brisbane), has experience at first grade level, but hasn't been with the Broncos - John Lang.

If we want someone totally radical to shake things up - Phil Gould.

Phil Gould is a great coach but he hates the Broncos and I would be afraid he would destroy the club..

Beads6 said:
Phil Gould is a great coach but he hates the Broncos and I would be afraid he would destroy the club..

I don't think that's true at all.

He has a massive amount of respect for this club.

Hopefully Hammo doesn't see this thread.

IMO: I think John Lang is old school & has lost contact with what's happening.

Kaz said:
IMO: I think John Lang is old school & has lost contact with what's happening.

Dunno. I think he's the kind of guy who would be refreshed after a few years away from a direct coaching role and may well come back with renewed enthusiasm and fresh ideas.

Maybe Lang would be better as coaching director, or something like that.

Lang or Gus.

FACT: Gus Gould goes on a rant, when he has a topical issue he is passionate about he really drives it home, to the extent of being bloody annoying hence why he is hated.

FACT: His footballing smarts is second to none and his insights into the tactical side of the game really makes for good viewing, and without him broadcasts would be a lot dumber.

Lang I reckon, he's got plenty of experience and he's a smart coach. He's the coaching director at Souths at the moment, I wouldn't mind seeing him do that over here with Ivan.

Of course I'd rather see Ivan get a decent chance, it's only been six months people!

I would love Gus Gould to coach the Broncos.
IMO He has one of the best football minds and really knows how to fire up his players however I simply can't see Gus being Bronco's coach, I don't know it just doesn't seem likely.

I would of really liked Henry still am glad Bellysook didn't come!

I would like Ivan to go, he's had his chance he was signed for a year and IMO even if the team were coming first right now I can't help but think he's not ready to coach a first grade team full time his puzzling selections, lack of motivations, puzzling recruitment/retendtion leave a lot to be desired for mine perhaps he could be kept on as an assistant coach maybe. John Lang IMO could be a good idea, couldn't hurt giving a one year contract.

No doubt in my mind Brian Smith is the man.
He has a proven record for reaching GFs although hasn't won yet.
He has a proven record of being able to wipe the slate clean and identify who he wants and what he wants from the players.
He wouldn't be everyones first choice but out of the realistic choices available and coming off contract in the next year or so he would be my pick.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.