Tinkler on the brinkler...trouble for the Knights?

Yep, if he signed a contract to buy it without being approved for the development, that's his bad.

Yeah it would have to depend on the terms of the contract. If it was unconditional he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

I don't see what the NRL can do apart from throw more money at them. Essentially bail them out, which IMO is wrong.

If you can't run a club, and the club dies, it dies. Simple.

All these useless no hoping teams are doing is causing the NRL to not want to touch the salary cap, because the dud teams can't afford it.

It would be a massive blow if Newcastle was gone, but I'm not going to cry over it if they do.

I know nothing about who's running the joint, but no doubt they're all ex league players who know ****ing nothing about big business.

This probably sounds a bit simplistic but surely in a city like Newcastle there would be ample opportunity for a multiple ownership type model - ie two or three or more co-owners / funders of a club. I'd have thought in a rugby league-crazed mining city, something like that would be logical and more than possible (?).

I don't see what the NRL can do apart from throw more money at them. Essentially bail them out, which IMO is wrong.

If you can't run a club, and the club dies, it dies. Simple.

All these useless no hoping teams are doing is causing the NRL to not want to touch the salary cap, because the dud teams can't afford it.

It would be a massive blow if Newcastle was gone, but I'm not going to cry over it if they do.

I know nothing about who's running the joint, but no doubt they're all ex league players who know ****ing nothing about big business.
Lol... Paul Harrigon is CEO I believe... Ex footy player.

Edit: My mistake, it's Matt Gidley, Kurt Gidley's brother.

Couldn't they just ask Wayne for a loan....?

He could just buy the knights himself with his wage from this year, or any of those 10+ thoroughbred-funded years with the broncos.

Another company owed money

Queensland coal explorer Blackwood to pursue Nathan Tinkler in courts for $28.4 million

Has the young businessman affectionately known as "the Whale" finally beached?

That was the question yesterday as new creditors came out of the woodwork trying to extract money owed by former Newcastle electrician turned mining entrepreneur Nathan Tinkler - a man who at his peak was worth a reported $1.1 billion.

Tinkler's extensive coal, property, rugby league and horseracing empire edged closer to the brink of collapse after Queensland coal explorerBlackwod confirmed it would pursue Tinkler in the courts for $28.4 million owed from a promised equity placement.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...-for-284-million/story-fn7kjcme-1226465031019

Seems he has a very aggressive investment method - borrow and acquire. This is fine when your acquisitions provide return and cover the finance costs. When they don't...

I think he'll be selling stuff.

Who knows where this could end. WB back at the Broncos.?

That sound was APs lungs blowing out. NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo:laugh:

And the other half of Brisbane's fans saying the same.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • john1420
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • ell.d33
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Hurrijo
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.