Top 3 Club Games

99? No way!! That was years ago, wow, I was really out lol [icon_lol1.

I knew it was before I started to go to the Easter Friday games at the SFS, but didn't think it was that long ago. But yeah it always stands out for me (among others of course!)

No that wasn't the game I was refering to, although that sounds like another great match.

The match I'm refering to was (checks the Rugby League Yearbook beside him) Round 16 2003. The game saw 15 players back up after Origin 2 and it was an amazing contest highlighted by a try to Gorden Tallis which saw the Raging Bull taunt his former team mate Chris Walker.

The game was tight until the very end when Lockyer swooped on a drop ball and proceeded to beat a few tired defenders before finding Webcke who then released his front-row partner Petero Civoniceiva to the try line.

It was our first win at the newly renovated Suncorp and it was an absolute edge of your seat type game.

Ironically I saw the game from my Pop's house at Hervey Bay, it'd take a good number of games until I finally attended a Broncos victory which I believe was Round 4 2004 against the Melbourne Storm. Another brilliant performance and one worth checking out.

/Grandpa Simpson type post.

blox_party said:
lockyer47 said:
1) 2006: Broncos vs Bulldogs semi. We're not counting GFs but we have to count this one. The BEST club game I've ever seen bar none. Winning the GF's were awesome, emotional and relieving but this game was AMAZING. Loved it. I've got it on tape and I've seen it a million times. Hodges/Berro is something special but the Lockyer step try is my favourite moment in the game.

Any way you can upload this game somewhere so i can grab it??

22 September 2006 - it was my birthday - what a fucking awesome present.

If you watch it now, it is one of Locky's best ever performances. Sad to see now he doesn't move anywhere near as well as he did around that era.

Where I've been present - nothing beats 2008 v Eels.

Oh Denan Kemp - it profits a man nothing to sell his soul for the world...but for the Warriors, dear god.

So many great games. If only the Broncos could release a DVD with the top 20 or so.

1. Broncos/Bulldogs-2006 finals: yes that dodgy video on youtube of this game, was uploaded by me haha. I know its bad.

2. Broncos/Knights 2002: Jeza has already explained this games freakish awesomeness, so many factors made this game kick ass. This also happened to be the first game of footy i attended in 6 years.

3. Broncos/Titans 2007: **** that game ruled so much, lockys field goal made me jump around the room screaming.

ethos said:
OXY-351 said:
There is some highlights of the game on redtube, but the quality is pretty dodgy

Perhaps highlights of the Hunt, Boyd, Thaiday post match celebrations..

titan4wests said:
OXY-351 said:
[quote="blox_party":33lb1dbr]
lockyer47 said:
1) 2006: Broncos vs Bulldogs semi. We're not counting GFs but we have to count this one. The BEST club game I've ever seen bar none. Winning the GF's were awesome, emotional and relieving but this game was AMAZING. Loved it. I've got it on tape and I've seen it a million times. Hodges/Berro is something special but the Lockyer step try is my favourite moment in the game.

Any way you can upload this game somewhere so i can grab it??

There is some highlights of the game on redtube, but the quality is pretty dodgy

redtube is awesome [icon_razz1[/quote:33lb1dbr]

Haha, I meant youtube. Not too sure why I got confused haha

Big Pete said:
No that wasn't the game I was refering to, although that sounds like another great match.

The match I'm refering to was (checks the Rugby League Yearbook beside him) Round 16 2003. The game saw 15 players back up after Origin 2 and it was an amazing contest highlighted by a try to Gorden Tallis which saw the Raging Bull taunt his former team mate Chris Walker.

The game was tight until the very end when Lockyer swooped on a drop ball and proceeded to beat a few tired defenders before finding Webcke who then released his front-row partner Petero Civoniceiva to the try line.

It was our first win at the newly renovated Suncorp and it was an absolute edge of your seat type game.

Ironically I saw the game from my Pop's house at Hervey Bay, it'd take a good number of games until I finally attended a Broncos victory which I believe was Round 4 2004 against the Melbourne Storm. Another brilliant performance and one worth checking out.

/Grandpa Simpson type post.

I know both of the games you are talking about. The Roosters one you are talking about, 10-8 was the score I believe - with civo scoring under the posts. Tallis taunting Walker was the BOMB.

The Melbourne one you are talking about, was this the FIRST broncos/storm match VS Bellamy? I think I remember it, we won by 8 or 10, with a TALLIS try to seal it - and he pumped his fists in the air, because it was the definite match winner. Good game. A very distant memory though since it wasn't a big game or anything.

Does anyone remember the souths game? where Souths had the game won with 30 seconds to go. Deadset. They deserved to win. The crowd is cheering, everyones happy then Tallis goes for a one on one strip then the ball goes out wide for Tate to score? Not a "GREAT" victory or anything, but it was one of the weirdest things I've seen on the football field.

Nah wasn't the first Broncos-Storm game under Bellamy. Bellamy went there in 2003 IIRC.

You've got the right game but the first game against Bellamy was the last game played at ANZ where Lockyer had a field day scoring the last try to leave ANZ as a winner.

I believe this game came a week after the 14 player fiasco and it appeared we were in for a long day after a dissapointing first half but the Broncos bounced back and started throwing the ball around like men possesed and it was one of our better wins in a long time.

Yeah, I can barely recall the game to be honest. I remember Steve Turner being injured and the crowd booing because the Storm had 14 players on the field albeit the game hadn't resumed yet. I also recall Slater absolutely ripping us to shreds before Michael De Vere scored just before half time to give us a sniff. Then the boys went on with it, a good game and one to check out when re-watching the 04 season.

Actually, another game you can check out just for the O_O factor was the West Tigers game at Suncorp. The Broncos were without a number of superstars and I believe it was the debut of Corey Parker as goal kicker in which he shocked everyone by nailing a kick from touch. It was a very brave performance by our boys and one that left me feeling bewildered.

How about vs Parra in 2005. It was a week after the Storm flogged us 50-4 in Melbourne. At half time the Broncos led 42-0!!! Went on to win 54-14.

That was awesome!

What was the game where Ash Harrison (?) broke his leg? That was the most horrific injury I've ever seen, and they kept replaying it on the big screen over and over, and with each viewing the crowd groaned louder....that was at QE2 iirc....Was that in 2002? I went to heaps of games that year, they were all great!

Ash Harrison hurt his ankle that year but I don't remember it being that horrific.
2001 when Scott Prince's leg broke like a twig on Jamie Feeney against the Bulldogs...now THAT was horrific. I was in the "Eastern Family Section" then and deadset 20 metres from it.

It sounded like someone snapped a pencil right against my ear...fucking awful.

Coxy said:
Ash Harrison hurt his ankle that year but I don't remember it being that horrific.
2001 when Scott Prince's leg broke like a twig on Jamie Feeney against the Bulldogs...now THAT was horrific. I was in the "Eastern Family Section" then and deadset 20 metres from it.

It sounded like someone snapped a pencil right against my ear...**** awful.
It must've been Scotty Prince then, I was in the Eastern Stand 20m from it too [icon_shady eusa_think

I remember saying to my sister I wasn't going to look at the screen if they replayed it again, but inevitably had to peek...gah! One of the most unforgettable footy games I've been to, and I can't even remember if we won. [icon_lol1.

mrslong said:
Coxy said:

It sounded like someone snapped a pencil right against my ear...**** awful.
It must've been Scotty Prince then, I was in the Eastern Stand 20m from it too [icon_shady eusa_think

I remember saying to my sister I wasn't going to look at the screen if they replayed it again, but inevitably had to peek...gah! One of the most unforgettable footy games I've been to, and I can't even remember if we won. [icon_lol1.

We lost.

Were down something like 37-12 with 15 to go and it ended up 37-30. Lote Tuqiri carved up in the second half.

Hmmm, so that's probably why I blocked it from my memory. And all this time I've been telling people it was Ashley Harrison, and how amazing he was to come back from that injury and hating on Scott Prince. I hate Scott Prince a little less now.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Morkel
  • lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • The True King
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rambstien
  • Manofoneway
  • Swordfish
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • HVbronco
  • Spooky1013
  • rj9
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.