Top 5 Moments of 2011 Season

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
OK. What are your top 5 moments of the 2011 Season?

5. Number 5 is Nathan Merritt's 5 tries v the Parramatta Eels. This may be on my list because he was my NSRL winger.
4. Johnathan Thurston leading the Cowboys back from 16 points down twice against the Eels (again). What a champ.
3. Jharal Yow Yeh's try against the Sharks. Where he picks the bomb out of Gardeners hands. Was a beauty.
2. 6 in a row for QLD. Darren Lockyer goes out a winner. :rockon:
and of course the best moment of 2011 for me:
1. Darren Lockyer kicking the winning field goal against the Dragons with a broken face. A fitting last play for his career at the Broncos. What a legend.:respect:

Your number 1 is certainly number 1 in my eyes..

JT coming out in a wheel chair after origin 3 is also up there for me.

I struggle with remembering "Great" moments in a season, but I'll do my best.

5. Yow Yeh's try against Canberra in round 2, where he got the ball with no room to move, grubbered ahead and won the race to the ball.
4. Warriors' last gasp win over the Tigers in the finals. Simply for the amount of jizz that was wasted by nearly every commentator in league before and during that game about the Tigers...
3. Jack Reed's try against the Storm at Suncorp. One of the best individual tries of the year.
2. State of Origin Game 3. Just the whole game, and the celebration for Locky. Just superb.
1. The final against the Dragons. The atmosphere, the drama with Lockyer going down, picking himself up, dusting himself off and kicking the winning field goal in Golden Point. It's without doubt the best moment I've felt attending a game.

Late addition....Hasler signing with the bulldogs. Oh. LOL!

Late addition....Hasler signing with the bulldogs. Oh. LOL!

An even better one.

Dragons announcing mid season the signing of Tim Moltzen, who had a year to run with the Tigers.

The only contract registered with the NRL is the Tigers one. The Tigers didn't formally sign his release papers. So he stays at the Tigers. :haha:

I struggle with remembering "Great" moments in a season, but I'll do my best.

5. Yow Yeh's try against Canberra in round 2, where he got the ball with no room to move, grubbered ahead and won the race to the ball.
4. Warriors' last gasp win over the Tigers in the finals. Simply for the amount of jizz that was wasted by nearly every commentator in league before and during that game about the Tigers...
3. Jack Reed's try against the Storm at Suncorp. One of the best individual tries of the year.
2. State of Origin Game 3. Just the whole game, and the celebration for Locky. Just superb.
1. The final against the Dragons. The atmosphere, the drama with Lockyer going down, picking himself up, dusting himself off and kicking the winning field goal in Golden Point. It's without doubt the best moment I've felt attending a game.
I'll go with this too, except swapping 5 for 3 and vice versa...

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.