Tour of Bangladesh

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
AUSTRALIA SQUAD FOR QANTAS TOUR OF BANGLADESH
Steve Smith (c), Adam Voges (vc), Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Stephen O’Keefe, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

Good rewards there for A tour form, Bancroft, and Fekete. Fekete can reverse it and swings the ball.

Sigh at the Voges selection, we need to just fully commit to the re-build, not carry guys past their prime that haven't done a thing at test level, Vice Captain should've been Burns, and we should've blooded another young batsmen in place of Voges, like Lynn.

S.Marsh
Burns
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Voges (vc)
M.Marsh
Nevill
Starc
Siddle
Cummins
Lyon

I guess that's what we'll go with for the first test, with Bancroft to come in for S.Marsh if he goes full potato (Inevitable)

Sigh at the Voges selection, we need to just fully commit to the re-build, not carry guys past their prime that haven't done a thing at test level, Vice Captain should've been Burns, and we should've blooded another young batsmen in place of Voges, like Lynn.

S.Marsh
Burns
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Voges (vc)
M.Marsh
Nevill
Starc
Siddle
Cummins
Lyon

I guess that's what we'll go with for the first test, with Bancroft to come in for S.Marsh if he goes full potato (Inevitable)

Voges is averaging 46 after 7 Tests with one hundred and two fifties.

His experience will be vital with a young squad on this tour. How could you make Burns vice captain; playing his third Test and after he was just dropped. Surely if you don't want Voges which doesn't stack up then Siddle would be Vice.

Lynn is just coming back from injury; played club cricket on the weekend.

Voges is averaging 46 after 7 Tests with one hundred and two fifties.

His experience will be vital with a young squad on this tour. How could you make Burns vice captain; playing his third Test and after he was just dropped. Surely if you don't want Voges which doesn't stack up then Siddle would be Vice.

Lynn is just coming back from injury; played club cricket on the weekend.

I'm talking about recent form, Voges averaged 28 in the Ashes series, with no 100's. Experience is useless unless the person who has it is actually making enough runs to warrant selection. And the Burns as vice captain comment was purely to fast track him as a future leader, it would only be for the Bangladesh series, Warner will be the vice captain for the summer of cricket in Australia.

And yeah I know Lynn has been injured a lot in the last couple of years, but he's coming off a double hundred in a grade cricket one dayer and his FC average shits on almost everyone in contention for these middle order spots, I couldn't see the harm in blooding him against a side like Bangladesh.

I'd be quite disappointed if Maxwell doesn't play. If we're going to persist with gomers like Shaun Marsh then Maxwell should be given every opportunity in the world to be in our test team. Has all the talent in the world and could be better than Symonds IMO.

Would like to see Stephen O'Keefe get another shot at test level, he has a very good first class record for little reward. He should've been picked a lot earlier before last year. Hope Burns gets a recall I wouldn't be surprised if he was opening with Bancroft.

I'm talking about recent form, Voges averaged 28 in the Ashes series, with no 100's. Experience is useless unless the person who has it is actually making enough runs to warrant selection. And the Burns as vice captain comment was purely to fast track him as a future leader, it would only be for the Bangladesh series, Warner will be the vice captain for the summer of cricket in Australia.

And yeah I know Lynn has been injured a lot in the last couple of years, but he's coming off a double hundred in a grade cricket one dayer and his FC average shits on almost everyone in contention for these middle order spots, I couldn't see the harm in blooding him against a side like Bangladesh.

Voges only has recent form- he made his debut in June and averages 46 like I said. That's pretty good returns for a guy 7 Tests and 3 months in to his career.

Why does Burns need to be fast tracked as a leader? He didn't even get the Qld gig and they didn't even rate him enough to take him on the Ashes trip as a batsman. I think keeping his spot will be enough without making him a leader.

Voges only has recent form- he made his debut in June and averages 46 like I said. That's pretty good returns for a guy 7 Tests and 3 months in to his career.

Why does Burns need to be fast tracked as a leader? He didn't even get the Qld gig and they didn't even rate him enough to take him on the Ashes trip as a batsman. I think keeping his spot will be enough without making him a leader.

The sample size is far too small for that to be considered an average, take out his tonne on debut and his average is sub 30. And what do you mean that didn't rate him enough, the only reason he wasn't on the Ashes tour was because people like Clarke, Rogers and Watson were all still around, he was a pretty minimal chance of getting a bat in the Ashes, was better for his development to play with Australia A, where he made some good runs.

It is. But it's a test career that's probably over in another 3 months, so it's not the same.

Not to mention he's there for experience and he's only played 7 tests and 3 months of internationals. We'd be just as well off taking George Bailey.

I don't mind the Voges selection.

The Australian team is in the midst of a transition and I think it would be wise if they took their time with the next generation coming through. I don't see the point in throwing batsmen into the deep end when they're not ready and I think this squad achieves a nice balance.

There's going to be some lean series ahead for Australia. Hopefully a few players can put their hands up in the Domestic competition so the selectors can help make that seamless transition.

The sample size is far too small for that to be considered an average, take out his tonne on debut and his average is sub 30. And what do you mean that didn't rate him enough, the only reason he wasn't on the Ashes tour was because people like Clarke, Rogers and Watson were all still around, he was a pretty minimal chance of getting a bat in the Ashes, was better for his development to play with Australia A, where he made some good runs.

So the sample size it too small to consider positively but not too small to consider negatively? Take out any batsman's runs and his average suffers.

Take out Burns' two 50's and what's his Test average become? 7 Tests and averaging 46 is too small to judge but 2 Tests and averaging 36 is enough to make you vice captain?

I mean he was in the side; they picked the Ashes squad and he wasn't there- thus they didn't rate him. He was in the Test side with Watson and Rogers in Melbourne and Sydney. Watson ended up getting dropped he could have played Tests if they thought he was good enough to be on the trip.

I don't mind the Voges selection.

The Australian team is in the midst of a transition and I think it would be wise if they took their time with the next generation coming through. I don't see the point in throwing batsmen into the deep end when they're not ready and I think this squad achieves a nice balance.

There's going to be some lean series ahead for Australia. Hopefully a few players can put their hands up in the Domestic competition so the selectors can help make that seamless transition.

Agreed; change is coming but no need throw guys out who are averaging 46 just 'cause.

I'd be going with:

1. Maxwell
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Voges
6. MMarsh
7. Nevill
8. SOK
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Lyon

I'd be bringing in Lynn for the Aussie summer. The batting line up is as weak as its ever been and so SOK, Starc and Cummins at least extend the batting line-up. Bancroft should just be there to get a taste and not début in my opinion. I have long thought Maxwell could become a gun opener at test level if given the opportunity.

Tour has been delayed due to security issues

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.