NEWS TPJ chooses Tonga over Origin

He's probably got more chance of winning some games if he plays for Tonga.

The chances of him being selected in the next couple of years are pretty slim, anyway.

He has quite a few forwards ahead of him at the moment.

I think he is trying to be a straight shooter with the honesty he has shown, and how good is that to hear!
He could have played origin, then turned down kangaroo selection, but I would have found it duplicitous.
This way he everyone knows where he stands and plan accordingly. Tongans have a future captain and NSW can build as team with the clear understanding of where he stands

Sign this kid long term already. Favourite player.

I think hes overshot the gun here - but its his own belief and hes speaking well and sounds focused.

Tonga being Tier 2 would still allow him to play origin? That's the way i understand it..So obviously its a moral choice of some kind - which would only be a moral choice against money, that still wouldn't affect his international rep career?
I think he says in the article that he is still eligible for NSW but it wouldn't feel right to him.

Also on 360 last night they said Tonga is playing a game on the same weekend as origin 2 which means IF he were selected for NSW he wouldn't be able to play for Tonga so that may be a little to do with it. There is also potential for more standalone origins and therefore more tier 2 nation tests on those same weekends. So the question to him may ultimately come down whether he wants to play for country or state.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Redfern_1980
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dazza 92
  • Waynesaurus
  • NSW stables
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Skyblues87
  • Reds2011
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.