TPJ....Grub, or not?

Thought they were supposed to make an effort to wrap the player I guess not

TPJ needs to clean up his act. He is turning into another Dylan Napa. We can ill afford to have him continually suspended. If he can't change then we may have to look for another option. Trouble is he is a weapon.
Who do we have on our books that can adequately fill the void??

Because Taumalolo uses his right arm to swing into the tackle, he doesn't pin it to his body.

A shoulder charge is where you make no legitimate attempt to make a tackle, swinging your arm in is fine even if it generates the same amount of force.
The vision I'm seeing (which is zoomed out a fair bit mind you) , it seems like a textbook shoulder charge. I know what you're saying about the arm possibly being used etc, but I can't quite see that. I can't see any attempt at a tackle. His arm seems down to me.. . either way Macca got straight back up , good on him for that ! ouch

The vision I'm seeing (which is zoomed out a fair bit mind you) , it seems like a textbook shoulder charge. I know what you're saying about the arm possibly being used etc, but I can't quite see that. I can't see any attempt at a tackle. His arm seems down to me.. . either way Macca got straight back up , good on him for that ! ouch
Yep, i have noticed broncos players rarely fake an injury for a penalty. If he had and we got a penalty, fifita would not get that try though.

Yep, i have noticed broncos players rarely fake an injury for a penalty. If he had and we got a penalty, fifita would not get that try though.
I thought exactly the same thing. It was some NRL Karma !
[automerge]1584265549[/automerge]
Did you watch Manly V Melbourne today? I only watched the first half, but it was pretty much a game of who could try to milk the most penalties... it got embarassing

Last edited:

Pay close attention to Taumalolo's right arm. Notice how he hits McCullough with a part of his forearm which makes it a legitimate shot.

A textbook shoulder charge is where you pin your arm to the body and lead in with your shoulder.

Pay close attention to Taumalolo's right arm. Notice how he hits McCullough with a part of his forearm which makes it a legitimate shot.

A textbook shoulder charge is where you pin your arm to the body and lead in with your shoulder.
Yeah, I can't see it well enough. Though I do wonder what the reaction would have been, commentary and referee wise, if TPJ did the same thing to their hooker though?

I thought exactly the same thing. It was some NRL Karma !
[automerge]1584265549[/automerge]

Did you watch Manly V Melbourne today? I only watched the first half, but it was pretty much a game of who could try to milk the most penalties... it got embarassing
Only bits of it but did see munster get hit around the collar bone, and then he stayed down holding his face. Dog act.

do the refs need to give penalties for embellishment? Like in fucking soccer! Is this what the games come too? Unfortunately I doubt it, because they seem to be suckers for a good old lie down pretend to get hit in the head act.

So Sims only misses a week for whacking a bloke, with both coming together at speed, fair in the face with his shoulder?
02513228 5AE7 4485 9630 B16D4F43AC4A

So Sims only misses a week for whacking a bloke, with both coming together at speed, fair in the face with his shoulder?
View attachment 7431
He also hit Reynolds after he threw the pass late in the game... should be instant loading and 2-3 weeks.

It still pisses me off that Tariq lays out Reynolds with a shoulder to the face and Brandy is lauding it as a big hit... and then when he takes Reynolds out late in the game he says "it's a bit late"... whereas for TPJ "it's a dog shot"

TPJ would be out for 6 weeks for those two offenses in 1 game

Bottom line is what TPJ did is unnecessary. I think it was clear contact with the head. The guy has to be a lot smarter but seems incapable of restraint. It's a coward shot IMHO and he is becoming a liability .

Bottom line is what TPJ did is unnecessary. I think it was clear contact with the head. The guy has to be a lot smarter but seems incapable of restraint. It's a coward shot IMHO and he is becoming a liability .

No contact with his head at all. If anything our other player was closer to head contact. Pangai hit down and under his arms which rocked him back and caused his head to hit the ground

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • cento
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • MrRobot
  • Pablo
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Tmac
  • Painin the Haas
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.