RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020

Broncos Statement: Jamayne Isaako & Tevita Pangai Junior​

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampFri 21 May 2021, 02:21 PM

Broncos Coach Kevin Walters this morning met with Jamayne Isaako and Tevita Pangai Junior, following much speculation they had met with representatives from another NRL Club.
Jamayne stated he had met with Michael Maguire in his role as New Zealand Test Coach to discuss matters relating to International football.
Tevita categorically rejected suggestions being circulated in the media that any meeting took place with Maguire, also coach of Wests Tigers.

To be clear, neither player has been given permission, nor sought permission, to speak with other Clubs, and both players are contracted with the Broncos until the end of the 2022 season.
The Broncos consider this the end of this matter and will make no further comment.

PAGE 9 FOR DISCUSSION FROM THIS POINT

Our 2 best players! Aren't these guys signed up already for next year? If not, we should.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Right?

It's amazing you can just say 'Oh yeah Brisbane would of course let them go a year early' and it just turns into a thing people believe and it becomes a talking point. So much say-it-enough-and-it-becomes-fact that goes on and yet it still works.

**** off Hooper you degenerate

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Right?

It's amazing you can just say 'Oh yeah Brisbane would of course let them go a year early' and it just turns into a thing people believe and it becomes a talking point. So much say-it-enough-and-it-becomes-fact that goes on and yet it still works.

**** off Hooper you degenerate
I honestly don’t know how he has a job? Everything he says is bullshit and everyone knows this...

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Broncos wooden spooners running second last and looking like an absolute pile of hot steamy dogshit and tigers come to poach two players.

Titans on the way up, big tino an origin front rower and Brimson one of the hottest young fullbacks. Absolute no interest from other teams and the titans extend their contracts before they're due and not a breath of interest from other clubs.

What the actual f**k.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I don't know how this makes sense, Isaako to replace Laurie not sure about that, Tpj when you already have Leilua as your power 2nd rower. Isaako I can believe just because of the history there between him and madge. But looks to me like they need a Hooker and possibly a power prop like Lodge. So I would go with them and Isaako maybe. I don't see TpJ fitting in that team and I don't see us letting him go after the work we have put in, he has been a top performer in a dog's breakfast of a team.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
They are welcome to Isaako, but the club should do whatever they can to keep TPJ. I'm willing to believe this is actually happening because the only thing keeping Isaako in this side imo was his goal kicking. Now we have Reynolds signed, Isaako becomes much less important if not straight up expendable, and if the club is telling him "no we want you on the wing going forward" and Isaako is deadset on playing fullback then it's natural that we tell him to shop himself around. If we did tell the Tigpies they were welcome to chat to these blokes, it can only mean we're clearing a tonne of space in the cap to make signings, and I don't think those signings are going to be some meh bullshit like Brenko Lee if they are seriously willing to let Pangai walk to make it happen.

As much as I would love to keep him, if losing TPJ as well as Isaako plus Milford's money is what is necessary to sign the likes of Hynes and Cheese or Hodgson, then it's hard to argue that the club are doing the wrong thing. We're weakening our backline and second row stocks to strengthen our spine. Considering how heavy we are with depth in the back and on the edges, and abysmally light in the spine, this looks like a very intentional rebalancing of the roster.

1. Hynes
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Cheese/Hodgson

Do not be surprised at all if that is our spine come 2022.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • Porthoz
  • Lazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.