RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
TPJ is reportedly on 600/year, he's easily worth that to us. Crazy to think of shopping him, who would you get for 600 that exceeds his value? He's a mobile edge forward with a crazy good offload game and is pretty solid defensively.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
TPJ is reportedly on 600/year, he's easily worth that to us. Crazy to think of shopping him, who would you get for 600 that exceeds his value? He's a mobile edge forward with a crazy good offload game and is pretty solid defensively.

Especially useful in the game in its current....."form". It just doesn't really make sense unless Kev isn't happy with his attitude.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I don't believe either of them are talking to the Tigpies. I suppose having Renault coming takes care of the kicking. I struggle to see how moving big blokes like Lodge and TPJ helps the club. It's not like we have mountains of forwards. Has anybody bothered to ask the players allegedly involved?

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I don't think these fools know a damn thing. It smells more like a Hooper wish list and them just putting names up. Last week there were articles saying we have money and we are making plays in the market. Bloody Kent on Sunday sin bin even tried the line " they had to pay overs for a halfback at the end of his career" because we don't have one in house, despite us paying under both Souths and Cronulla.

They want to put the pressure on so they can claim we are not cap compliant, remember last year Kent said there needs to be an investigation if we keep Fafita, but they sit there trying to advocate Hynes stays at Melbourne. It plays better to have us as having an out of balance cap, it may have been when Pies took over but how it could be right now makes no sense.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I wouldn't want to lose either of them. TPG is a gun, and Isaako would do great back on the wing if fb doest work out.
Throw them off the scent, I like it!

Headline: TPG signs contract with Tigers; hasn’t improved their NRL squad but Mbye’s online gaming is going bonkers!

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Throw them off the scent, I like it!
View attachment 13086
Headline: TPG signs contract with Tigers; hasn’t improved their NRL squad but Mbye’s online gaming is going bonkers!
Well there share price has been crashing lately. Tigers interst could explain it.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Losing TPJ is a bigger lose condition than a wooden spoon.

Nope !
Let him go . Too hot and cold . Leads the comp in off loads ? But did his off loading help or hinder ??
Plenty of other back rowers who can replace him .

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I can only think tigers are trying to position themselves to make a play on November 1 given both players are off contract for 2023.

You can talk to players whenever you want but you cant put a contract in front of them until Nov 1 and you cant entice them to break their existing contract.

So from that sense I dont believe the Broncos are looking to release either TPJ or Isaako... Tigers are just putting their offer in front of them to see if they can get the jump as of November 1.

Realistically we could send Kevvie and DD down to Newcastle to have a chat with Ponga and let him know that we are very keen on him for 2023 instead of him taking up his PO.

What I would say though, is that this is potentially another example of the R&R team letting contracts run down to November 1.

The tigers are in our backyard trying to line up our decent players for 2023 and it would appear we haven't even started discussing possible extensions.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I would be very concerned if the club is lettig TPJ go. If this stuff keeps going on we will need to get the popcorn out, because it could go very wrong.

A

azza.79

BRL Player
Jul 6, 2011

Our 2 best players! Aren't these guys signed up already for next year? If not, we should.

Great reporting there from Hooper clearly factual based and no speculation at all.

"Pangai and Isaako are both signed at the Broncos until the end of next year but with the club looking to overhaul the roster Brisbane would entertain letting them leave one year early."

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
It'd be weird to stick with TPJ through all the shit and then shop him around when he's on track and playing well. If it is the case I guess DD sees what a disaster our spine is and that is priority #1 and we'll try and emulate the Storm model.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If losing TPJ and Isaako turned into Capewell, Su'A, Hynes, this isn't bad for team balance but this is still just a made up rumour, let's not forget that.

Most likely, the Tigers officials (a club almost as incompetent as us) were likely going to Qld to talk with Milford, Taylor and Oates.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
If losing TPJ and Isaako turned into Capewell, Su'A, Hynes, this isn't bad for team balance but this is still just a made up rumour, let's not forget that.

Most likely, the Tigers officials (a club almost as incompetent as us) were likely going to Qld to talk with Milford, Taylor and Oates.
Tigers were certainly interested in Milford as far back as nearly the start of the season. My money is that he was the reason for meeting.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.