TPJ, McCullough, Isaako future

Farnworth is very fast and has good footwork. Vudogo is probably at least another year away as he's still learning the game, Paix is a solid half, Bullemore is big, fast and has some great footwork.

They aren't Ponga X factor players. Vudogo probably has the potential but he was a 7s player with no league experience so that creates its own problems.

Why next season? Coates is about to play for PNG from all reports...

I’d suggest he is on the cusp of playing now...

He's on a spell, won't play this week and didn't back up after Origin.

Last edited:
I'd absolutely sign Gagai to play on Isaako's wing. I mean seriously he couldn't be any worse defensively than Isaako is.

As would I, but the issue is he isn't interested in playing wing

Last edited:
Keep TPJ and Isaako they are young but look to be down in confidence but they will bounce back, Maccas is finished though, he needed to be out of this side like 2 years ago, he is a dead weight in this team, not to be disrespectful because he is a true team player but this is a Professional Business and we can't afford to carry this guy any longer, his play the balls and predictable runs ruin our Attack.

I've seen a few posts referring to Macca exercising his option for next year, can anyone confirm this, and does it mean we're actually stuck with him, or just that we'll have to pay to get rid of him?

I've seen a few posts referring to Macca exercising his option for next year, can anyone confirm this, and does it mean we're actually stuck with him, or just that we'll have to pay to get rid of him?
it means we're stuck with him, doubtful he'd agree to a release unless we paid up in which case there's no point. He's handy backup, but not good enough to be in our 17 anymore.

Scary part is, he's got a 2021 option in his favour too - we could be stuck with him for another 2 years.

If we are stuck with him, hopefully Siebs just puts him in Qld Cup, he might break and decide to end the contract so he can go to England.

Or we could line up a job for him at the Broncos so long as he's willing to quit immediately. Give one to his missus as well! Whatever it takes to get him off our cap.

He heals really quickly, get him working with the rehab and injury team because he obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to repairing his body. I reckon he's good around the club, just not as our hooker.

Or we could line up a job for him at the Broncos so long as he's willing to quit immediately. Give one to his missus as well! Whatever it takes to get him off our cap.

He heals really quickly, get him working with the rehab and injury team because he obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to repairing his body. I reckon he's good around the club, just not as our hooker.

regardless of his playing future, I too would very much like Macca to stay around the club. Ideal role model for our younger players and a great servant for the club.

This will be the test of Siebs as a coach.

Macca is a club stalwart, in the leadership group and most importantly, a popular and influential figure among the players I believe.

He is also a fairly clean skin, for a long time anyway, not cancerous ala Farah and a shining example of how the club takes care of its own.

He also simply isn’t what this club needs at 9 and by extension, not really in the best 17.

This isn’t a KNik scenario where he has another offer on the table or a Roberts scenario where he (probably with another coach in his ear) is trying to get himself released.

I think Siebs can see what everyone else can see with Macca but now that he has seemingly taken the next year option, how on Earth does Siebs handle this without causing a rift in the playing group or destabilizing the side.

I feel for Siebs in this situation, I don’t know how he should handle it for the best possible outcome.

I thought there were posters that said Macca would be starting hooker at a lot of clubs. Have the Broncos attempted to offer him to them?

The Macca and Darius defenders have largely become hard to find lately.

To be fair, I do think Macca would be a good starting hooker for a few clubs, including from next year - Tigers, Dogs, Panthers, Warriors, Knights (mentoring Levi), Sea Eagles and Perth as a foundation hooker.

Problem is, no one else would think he is worth 500k?

I thought there were posters that said Macca would be starting hooker at a lot of clubs. Have the Broncos attempted to offer him to them?
Cult3 told me in no uncertain terms that there would be teams queuing up for him if he was available. Speaking of which hes been quiet lately.

This will be the test of Siebs as a coach.

Macca is a club stalwart, in the leadership group and most importantly, a popular and influential figure among the players I believe.

He is also a fairly clean skin, for a long time anyway, not cancerous ala Farah and a shining example of how the club takes care of its own.

He also simply isn’t what this club needs at 9 and by extension, not really in the best 17.

This isn’t a KNik scenario where he has another offer on the table or a Roberts scenario where he (probably with another coach in his ear) is trying to get himself released.

I think Siebs can see what everyone else can see with Macca but now that he has seemingly taken the next year option, how on Earth does Siebs handle this without causing a rift in the playing group or destabilizing the side.

I feel for Siebs in this situation, I don’t know how he should handle it for the best possible outcome.
Definitely a dilemma for Seibold. Macca is a true professional and am sure is popular within the playing group. However the playing group must surely see that Turpin offers more as Hooker. Seibold is trying to keep things on an even keel by having Macca on the bench however to me this is a complete waste of an interchange as Segeyaro offers more impact at 14. Can't really see how we can accommodate Macca in the 17. Shame he cannot play in another position.

Definitely a dilemma for Seibold. Macca is a true professional and am sure is popular within the playing group. However the playing group must surely see that Turpin offers more as Hooker. Seibold is trying to keep things on an even keel by having Macca on the bench however to me this is a complete waste of an interchange as Segeyaro offers more impact at 14. Can't really see how we can accommodate Macca in the 17. Shame he cannot play.

Fixed.

Id like to see Macca tried at 13, at least during origin with all our injuries.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Foordy
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.