TPJ, McCullough, Isaako future

Id like to see Macca tried at 13, at least during origin with all our injuries.

If we have to keep him in the side, it might be worth trying. Have a defensive lock to tighten some of the joke defense that occurs there.

Surely you start Macca. I’m his biggest fan, but even I can’t see how he has value off the bench. Turpin would benefit greatly by coming on with 10 to go in the first half and Macca can stay on the field as a defensive lock.

Surely you start Macca. I’m his biggest fan, but even I can’t see how he has value off the bench. Turpin would benefit greatly by coming on with 10 to go in the first half and Macca can stay on the field as a defensive lock.

Yeah, no.

If I may, I have some mental barf I have been stewing that I would prefer to have out on the table, just so you blokes can either pull me up cause I'm dribbling nonsense or there really is something to my process, and that's what it is a process that I think the team should go through over the next 10 months.

As it stands right now, we are dismally short carded in 2 key positions, fullback and hooker. If I'm reading the mood around here at least, our current 1 and 9 both have a foot already out the door. If that's true (gods willing), then our spine pool starts to look real shallow. We need to do 3 things before Seibold can even think about "polishing" a premiership ready side.

We need to either pull off a miracle turnaround for Isaako or drop him pretty much for keeps. I love what he brings as a player when he's on, but the problem is he's not on, and has been far from it for awhile now. Right now he's little more than an a complication to the rebuild process. He is almost a footballer, but he's run out of time.

That leads me to Boyd. I would be stripping him of the captaincy TOMORROW if I were Seibold, a nice little friday night surprise on Origin weekend, and I'd be handing it off to an example setter within the squad like Glenn or Gillett. Boyd is not cut out to be a captain; he knows it, we know it, the media knows it and unless he is a complete moron, Seibold knows it. You can see it in Boyd's body language, you can see it in his inability to get the team back up after they've been put on their ass, you can see it when HE gets put on his ass and can't hack it when he does and sooks it up, which trickles only downward into the rest of the group. What I have just described is the antithesis of what a captain needs to be. A captain leads and bleeds from the front even if he isn't a good communicator, not dags around the ass with no gun like some Desmond Doss shit trying to look unassuming.

So Boyd loses the captaincy, but I wouldn't be moving him from fullback yet. I want to see if he can find anything close to something like his best form with the weight of the captaincy taken off him. If he can, great, he can see out his last days there before retirement (preferably on October 1st.) and Kennar comes in for Isaako. If he doesn't, he gets turfed out to Isaako's wing position and is given the tap on the shoulder, then the club goes to market for TWO fullbacks, one quality first grader to start in the 1 from next year and one reserve journeyman for a pinch.

Hooker, well this story has been told enough times for everybody. McC is not the answer and never will be for the maybe 1 more full year of footy he has of a career, whether that be here or preferably elsewhere. Turpin may not be a permanent answer but he is surely the far better option at this point. If Seibold doesn't have faith in him fine, but he has at least earned his chance to own it, and that reserve fullback I mentioned earlier can be a reserve hooker instead but I'd say a backup fullback is far more important personally.

Going forward, seeing as we're surely flush with salary cap by now, we may also want to think about signing a forward leader. These young blokes have an insane ceiling, but they are really struggling to find it right now. Glenn does an admirable job but lets face it he is getting long in the tooth now as well. I'd be going after a James Graham or a Paul Vaughn personally. Someone who has been around the block enough that he can be the leader of the pack as it were.

Last edited:
I would say Left Centre is probably our weakest position right now, but long term that is covered by Boyd, Hooker is covered if Seibs can wake up and see the daylight Fullback needs some Cap space spent on it, if we can toss Macca and Boyd we will have alot of money to get someone, problem for us is there is only really 3 standouts for that position none of which are possible and there is a big gap in quality behind them(Tedesco, Ponga and Turbo).

I know Munster prefers playing fullback, maybe throw a Million and change at him and say it's his, he might come around but I think he is signed up at Melbourne for years.

Gutherson would did been a perfect option for us but he just resigned, he isn't as good as the elite fullbacks but he is a high effort player and would make a good captain, something we need more then anything right now.

why aren't we getting multiple teams banging on the door to enquire about Boyd and Macca before June 30th if they think both are available..??

.....exactly.....

The NRL has moved on from both.....we need to accept this reality and likewise move on...I understand Siebold would use up quite a bit of his political capital in doing so and he hasn't even been here 1 year yet, so have to accept we are stuck with both for the rest of the season...

but my God if they are both in the starting team next season...

I would say Left Centre is probably our weakest position right now, but long term that is covered by Boyd, Hooker is covered if Seibs can wake up and see the daylight Fullback needs some Cap space spent on it, if we can toss Macca and Boyd we will have alot of money to get someone, problem for us is there is only really 3 standouts for that position none of which are possible and there is a big gap in quality behind them(Tedesco, Ponga and Turbo).

I know Munster prefers playing fullback, maybe throw a Million and change at him and say it's his, he might come around but I think he is signed up at Melbourne for years.

Gutherson would did been a perfect option for us but he just resigned, he isn't as good as the elite fullbacks but he is a high effort player and would make a good captain, something we need more then anything right now.

You think Katoni Stagg is our weakest player??

Pangai might get hooked with how poorly he's defending on the edges against the kiwis

Last edited:
I'm completely turned off TPJ.

Watching him play for Tonga, he has all the potential in the world but just doesn't have or want to be a mentally tough team player. He's a show pony.

If Coates has a absolute stomer does he deserve a spot in the team ?

Ennis just said coates going to be top 30 after june 30

How is isaako going at the back? My foxtel is stuffing up and cant watch the game.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosMan
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.