NEWS TPJ pledges his future to Brisbane

Pangai Jr remains off-contract as he attempts to sever ties with his management. The issue will not be resolved until November, but the Broncos forward isn’t concerned about being in limbo.
“I live week-by-week and day-by-day, so it doesn’t bother me being off-contract. I’m not worried about it,” he said.
“We’ll know more in the off-season. I will probably stay at the Broncos but we will see what happens.”

Where's this from?

That doesn't sound very convincing from TPJ. :(

Pangai Jr remains off-contract as he attempts to sever ties with his management. The issue will not be resolved until November, but the Broncos forward isn’t concerned about being in limbo.
“I live week-by-week and day-by-day, so it doesn’t bother me being off-contract. I’m not worried about it,” he said.
“We’ll know more in the off-season. I will probably stay at the Broncos but we will see what happens.”

Massive fan of TPJ, but one thing I hate more then anything is players holding the club to ransom. I’ll reserve judgement so far but sounds like pangai is threatening to go back on his word if bennett isnt re-signed. Dissapointed in both of them if thats the case. And no player can hold he club to ransom, no player... unless we qant to end up like the titans...
How is he holding the club to ransom?

He wants to play under Bennett, he specifically sought out Bennett to play under him. The club never got him on their own merits, so they shouldn't expect to keep him if they're not willing to keep the guy who he came here to play under.

I'll be very upset if TPJ leaves, but I would do the exact same in his position.

Massive fan of TPJ, but one thing I hate more then anything is players holding the club to ransom. I’ll reserve judgement so far but sounds like pangai is threatening to go back on his word if bennett isnt re-signed. Dissapointed in both of them if thats the case. And no player can hold he club to ransom, no player... unless we qant to end up like the titans...
Sam Burgess supports the Broncs. He can come with Seibold and be our captain. Job done

How is he holding the club to ransom?

He wants to play under Bennett, he specifically sought out Bennett to play under him. The club never got him on their own merits, so they shouldn't expect to keep him if they're not willing to keep the guy who he came here to play under.

I'll be very upset if TPJ leaves, but I would do the exact same in his position.
“Re-sign bennett or I leave”..... um, thats the very definition of a ransom. Give into my demands/do what i want (re-signing bennett), or I dont give you what You want...

He said multiple times he came to brisbane for bennett, but not once in the times he said he was going/has locked in with brisbane did he say “as long as bennett is the coach”. Additionally, bennett will retire in MAXIMUM 4 years so what happens then?

Last edited:
Sam Burgess supports the Broncs. He can come with Seibold and be our captain. Job done

Nah, I’d prefer to not have to not hold my breath every time he takes a hit up waiting for Burgii hands to happen. Also he’s suspended every 3rd week it seems

“Re-sign bennett or I leave”..... um, thats the very definition of a ransom. Give into my demands/do what i want (re-signing bennett), or I dont give you what You want...

He said multiple times he came to brisbane for bennett, but not once in the times he said he was going/has locked in with brisbane did he say “as long as bennett is the coach”. Additionally, bennett will retire in MAXIMUM 4 years so what happens then?
That's not even close to holding the club to ransom. He signed a contract with us, he has fulfilled it. If we want to secure his services beyond that, it's up to the club to be the most appealing place to continue his career.

It's not like he came through the ranks as our own junior and has a contract for 3 more years and is spitting the dummy. He literally called Wayne from Canberra because he wanted to be coached under him, he signed up specifically to play under him, and if the club sacks Wayne a year early from his contract, then he's probably not going to be so inclined to re-sign with us is he?

I would love nothing more than for TPJ to stay, but I'm certainly not going to hold a grudge if he leaves. He has every right to, he doesn't owe the club anything really. He's played out of his skin on what is probably a minimum wage contract.

Last edited:
Fucking roosters are licking their lips I bet. No Wayne next year means they'll offer massive cash and he'll be at Bondi next year.

Fucking roosters are licking their lips I bet. No Wayne next year means they'll offer massive cash and he'll be at Bondi next year.

That club would make the cheating Melbourne sides blush the way they're going, and they're brazen about it. I have to admire them in a way: we have more cash than them, we should be throwing it around like they do, winning comps, bragging about our squad and riches, and trolling other clubs with flimsy explanations of how the sums work in our favour when logically it makes no sense.

Last edited:
If Bennett is sacked and TPJ leaves that is completely on the club. TPJ wanted to play for Wayne, he’s said so many times and all the times he spoke out about wanting to stay at Brisbane it was with the assumption that Wayne was the coach here.

People can argue that if getting rid of Wayne means TPJ leaves than so be it, a player isn’t bigger than the club’s future. I think losing either is madness but that’s just my opinion. However, no one can blame TPJ if he wants to leave.

Bronxnation_1988 just posted a “i love tpj, please dont leave” style instagram post... TPJ commented with a horses symbol lol... surely he wouldnt not sign wih us now! Haha just sign already so i can hammer “the inside scoop” badel on twitter...

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • broncotville
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.