NEWS TPJ pledges his future to Brisbane

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
DjBQxOTVAAAEjTO

Tevita Pangai Junior all but certain to stay in Brisbane after verbally agreeing to two-year deal

July 28, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Give him the keys to the city

**** yes. Promise him the Captaincy when he's well into his career

I'm glad he is signing, he is a weapon, but he is dead to me if he backflips and plays for the NSW scum.

I don't get why Bennett advised TPJ against a long-term deal, which he originally wanted. The better option for the team is to sign TPJ on a long-term contract to extract better value. Bennett knows his days at Red Hill are numbered. TPJ will probably follow Bennett where-ever he ends up, just like Boyd.

I don't get why Bennett advised TPJ against a long-term deal, which he originally wanted. The better option for the team is to sign TPJ on a long-term contract to extract better value. Bennett knows his days at Red Hill are numbered. TPJ will probably follow Bennett where-ever he ends up, just like Boyd.

He didn’t advise him against it.

He didn’t advise him against it.

He publicly stated wasn’t in his best interests because can get more later... or is he just prepping to take TPJ with him when moves as stated...

Bennett’s job is to retain broncos players not pump their next contract. If Haas after 3 games gets an extra 4 years wtf not TPJ who has more motor than the entire NSW forward pack! A bird in the hand vs two in the bush here. Be nice for TPJ to have security of more than 2 years. 4 years at good wage sets him up for life. Get his gravy after that when hits prime at 26.

You can't have a positive Broncos article without Tallis digging in in some shape or form. TPJ is a very, very good, but there's no way he's a 1mil player at the moment.

Last edited:
I'll hold my elation until we have his signature on paper...

Yep I'm still nervous about it all. Especially when the roosters keep getting a mention. They can make anything possible with their unlimited cap

He publicly stated wasn’t in his best interests because can get more later... or is he just prepping to take TPJ with him when moves as stated...

Bennett’s job is to retain broncos players not pump their next contract. If Haas after 3 games gets an extra 4 years wtf not TPJ who has more motor than the entire NSW forward pack! A bird in the hand vs two in the bush here. Be nice for TPJ to have security of more than 2 years. 4 years at good wage sets him up for life. Get his gravy after that when hits prime at 26.

He didn’t say I have advised him it isn’t in his best interests, he stated a fact. Most likely that is all TPJ wants to sign for at the moment so Bennett is explaining why it will only be til 2020.

Benny is trying probably to align future renewals so all of these superstars don’t come off contract at the same time. Plus probably keeping TPJ hungry

You can't have a positive Broncos article without Tallis digging in in some shape or form. TPJ is a very, very good, but there's no way he's a 1mil player at the moment.

He’s made himself the mouthpiece for the club, especially down in Sydney and I fucking hate it

He’s made himself the mouthpiece for the club, especially down in Sydney and I fucking hate it

It’s inevitable that when our pack starts to mature and we’re dominating the comp that it will be used in a cap whinge. “I can’t see how they can afford it Paul! They’ve got Bird on 10 million, tpj on a million, Haas on a million (he’s the new Bird when it comes to changing contracts)...” and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
Just get it done. There is absolutely no room in the roosters cap for him. If they sign him I will be done with the game. The media has done it's best to whip up uncertainty. Just to claim one or two of these youngsters. I hope and pray they get none of them.

How the **** can Taumalolo's 1 million dollar deal be a good one when they're fighting tooth and nail to avoid the spoon?

Pangai Jr remains off-contract as he attempts to sever ties with his management. The issue will not be resolved until November, but the Broncos forward isn’t concerned about being in limbo.
“I live week-by-week and day-by-day, so it doesn’t bother me being off-contract. I’m not worried about it,” he said.
“We’ll know more in the off-season. I will probably stay at the Broncos but we will see what happens.”

Massive fan of TPJ, but one thing I hate more then anything is players holding the club to ransom. I’ll reserve judgement so far but sounds like pangai is threatening to go back on his word if bennett isnt re-signed. Dissapointed in both of them if thats the case. And no player can hold he club to ransom, no player... unless we qant to end up like the titans...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • broncotville
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.