RUMOUR TPJ to be sacked

For mine, this is the time for the Broncos to stand by TPJ. He's been suspended a lot who cares, that can remedied. He's a gun who will show loyalty back.

No it’s time to cut him loose.

He’s never shown any consistency in 4 years, if we persist with the idiot we’ll always be talking about how he had that one good game in season X.

Hope the club can use whatever underhanded tactic they have available to terminate him early.

He shouldn't of signed up. And not play this year.
Also you look like a complete dickhead if queensland goes like Victoria.
Everyone is under the same rules. Its the only way this competition is still going. Can you imagine if a player who went out and broke quarantine. Spread it too the whole team or other player. The game will be finished.
I have zero fear of us going the way of Victoria.

I'd be pissed off if we lost TPJ and some other club snapped him up but this isn't new. I'm sure this is how Raiders fans felt when Carney, Dugan and Fergo played up and then walked into glamour clubs.

Only way the NRL can stop this is by mandating the player must pay a portion of his new contract back to the old club for breach of contract.

All the NRL have to do is bring in a rule where you can’t leave a club for more money whilst either under contract or being sacked for disciplinary issues. Would fix the problem straight away.

75207858656bb620154806fb65ad2e50.jpg

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if TPJ is trying to force his way out of the club, I don’t think there are many suitors from successful clubs getting on their knees for him. That’s why Trent Robinson is the coach and not Nick Politis.

Yeah. Bennett didn’t want Roberts either. But then...

I'd be pissed off if we lost TPJ and some other club snapped him up but this isn't new. I'm sure this is how Raiders fans felt when Carney, Dugan and Fergo played up and then walked into glamour clubs.

Only way the NRL can stop this is by mandating the player must pay a portion of his new contract back to the old club for breach of contract.

This!

I support the club's decision here - it's about time players are held accountable for their dumb fuckery, but you just know some other plebs will snap up TPJ and being sacked by the Broncos will be the stick he uses to turn his game and attitude around, and then he'll go and be the player we all know he can be somewhere else.

It's all bullshit!

But anyway, good riddance TPJ. I thought you were an amazing talent, but you've let your club, team-mates and fans down in a big manner.

I don't see how the club can fairly sack him based on what we know.

In saying that TPJ comes across as a potentially great player but not a great person and probably a terrible influence in the locker room.

That is the point though, right? They, like you, didn't treat it seriously. Nek minute
Theres a difference by not being worried by a 'disease' that is non existent in our state and fucking someone who is ill amirite?

no we wouldn't ... not while the Titan's $1.25 million was on the table

yep ... for the 1 or 2 games where he isn't suspended

not really the latest twist ... it was always that the club was going to issue a breach notice that he would be able to respond to ... it's just that Fox, in particular, started with the rhetoric that he'd been sacked
foordy yes perhaps that was the case , however at 2019 seasons end there should have been the serious review of how inadequate the coach was ,and how the highest paid players were , an obvious impediment to the Broncos being an actual competitive side . All I'm saying is their was a real and obvious mistake not to free money up or endeavour to , manoeuvre the cap space to keep the best and ditch the rest Coach included. The broom should have been put through then. These are management decisions , or lack thereof which has just allowed the same mistakes to be made again in 2020, covid aside ,the brains trust of posters on this forum could see the obvious . The Broncos need inducements to keep their best players , not hollow bullshit rhetoric . Now look what it's decending into, farce . Unsure about Iken , but if that brings Kevin Walters ,and the possibility of better recruitment , than what have we got to lose? 2020 looks like our race to the bottom . I just feel sorry for the roster of good young players we have , like us they deserve better, before we lose them to .

Payne is still a kid - a kid with no leader to grab him by the scruff of the neck and tell him to fix his shit when he's playing like rubbish.
I always wonder what would have been if we kept Moose/ I wonder if Payne still pulls that shit of screaming at Glenn with Moose on the field. We need that old hard nut leading these kids to see what they are really made of. What does Payne have to aim "up" at? There's no-one for him on our team? He's really soft in defence close to the line, he needs a good old prop next to him showing him how to do it properly. The dude is strong - he's fit - so the problem he has defending on the line is either mental, technique or both.

Offensively, we need him NOT to be the only battering ram in the team. Would love for him to be given space to try a few things on, he's got a bit of pace, we just need a team good enough to put him in a half gap for him to bust through rather than running at a set defensive line all day.
I tried to suggest not using Haas as a battering ram but was derided. He is agile and has a good step and fend, doubtless he could slip a lot more offloads away. I would not have him wasted at the start of games and would use up the less talented Offa and Kennedy instead. Even Flegler earlier rather than having a big kid like Haas worn down when everyone's fresh.

I honestly couldn't see TPJ sacrificing big money to go to a top club like storm or roosters. I think it's more likely he would take big money from a desperate club like the bulldogs, dragons or warriors. I just don't think it's in his character at this stage of his career to safcrifice money and fame for success and potentially better career development. Especially after his club mate in the same position just got a record deal from a cashed up club.

“I haven’t had much to do with Tevita Pangai, but I think Tevita needs to be smarter about what he does and what he says,” Alexander said.

“There was a time back in 2018, it was Origin Three, we bought a couple of the Brisbane players into our camp. They spent the final day of camp with us before the game.

“Then I saw Tevita the following year getting interviewed. Now Tevita didn’t make the 2019 side, I think he was suspended and there was a bit of inconsistent form.

“But in that interview leading into an Origin game that year, the journalist (asked), ‘You’re a New South Welshman, you’re a Newcastle boy, do you hope New South Wales win?’.

“He said, ‘No, I’m going for Queensland, I’m a Queensland supporter, if Kevvie needs anyone to run opposed against me, I’m available’.

Source: FoxSports

Let's make him captain.

I honestly couldn't see TPJ sacrificing big money to go to a top club like storm or roosters. I think it's more likely he would take big money from a desperate club like the bulldogs, dragons or warriors. I just don't think it's in his character at this stage of his career to safcrifice money and fame for success and potentially better career development. Especially after his club mate in the same position just got a record deal from a cashed up club.
Yeah maybe but he did snub the blues to play for Tonga which would have been a fair bit of money. I also believe you could convince him to do anything. Like go to a bikies barber shop for a public outing not even to get a haircut but some cool selfies.

Last edited:
Theres a difference by not being worried by a 'disease' that is non existent in our state and fucking someone who is ill amirite?
He did his own risk assessment and presumed she wasn’t infected, so no. Besides which, this is about a contract breach, that if scaled would bring down the comp. It’s not about that one time you drove blind drunk because there was no one else on the road.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • DrGee
  • broncs30
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • kman
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.