Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Every team aims to be higher than that but only six achieve it. It might be a little optimistic to think the Broncos can make the top 6 with this roster. They will be fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot.

With this roster we should be hoping for top 4, not just trying to make it into the top 8.

Sorta watched the game, as had to work, but given it was a trial, I'm not going to make a big deal of first impressions, even if I could abuse this trial to drive my agenda of seeing Kodi at fullback and a more classic type of half supporting Milford.

I was more interested in seeing:
- How Gillo would go in his return. Happy he didn't dread the work, be it runs or tackling, and loved his usual chase and harrassment of the opposition kicker). Certainly didn't shame himself in a strange position after a year on the sideline after a pretty big scare!
- How the youngsters would go against tougher opposition. Mixed feelings about what I saw in general, although the worst part was that I think the team entered way too overconfident, believed their own hype and paid the price. Perfect timing for this to happen in a trial, and credit to the fight back.
- See the halves involvement and the first indications of Seibold's structures. Also liked to see the halves playing with each other and having the freedom to venture on both sides of the field whenever they saw fit.

Too early to say much really, but we need more starch in defense, stop the opposition offloading at will, and get in the grind of the game before earning the right to play more adventurous footy.

Glenn deserves a special mention. Didn't let the hype about all the talented youngsters get to him, went out and played his best footy, set a platform and told everyone... now try to take my spot bitches!

Last edited:
The first half last night was pretty awful, but it was obvious the Titans were using too much energy and were going to fall away in the second half. I thought Lodge was a standout.

Any footage of the pass Isaako threw to Boyd early in the game? It must have gone 30m or so.

Last edited:
Any footage of the pass Isaako threw to Boyd early in the game? It must have gone 30m or so.
Yeah that was a damn long pass.

In my eyes Lodge and Offa were great last night, and Carrigan stood out more than Flegler

Any chance of a full replay being made available?

Was disappointed early. Not sure what I expected. Accept it being a trial but thought they would hit their straps from the get go. Media beat up I suppose.

So did seibold give the team a spray after this game?

I think a lot of us felt surprised at the strength of the Tits and they put the acid on our middle and found us out a little. It was a trial for them too and they treated the second half as a good chance to try some guys out. Both sides can take a lot away from the trial. I'll have to watch it again I think but I liked some stuff from both teams after my only viewing of the match.

Macca's passing isn't as lethargic as last season, but **** me, why can't he pass a ball flat or spiral? Does any other half pass the ball end over end like that? There's no excuse for that. It travels slower, it's liable to drift off target, and it's harder to catch. What the hell is wrong with him?

Other than he can tackle....he's fucken hopeless.

I'd say he's been working on his passing speed from the ruck...and because of his limited skills, he has had to sacrifice accuracy. Like others, I thought we looked much sharper when Turpin came on.

Might be unpopular but here goes.

I’d be giving O’Sullivan a decent attempt at 7 over niko. Looks more organised then niko and niko to 9 or super sub. Boyd still useless. Staggs needs to star in the centres with bird dropping back to the bench (for the time being.) Big difference when turpen came in for Macca.
Issakko in for boyd at 1.
Tbh I didn’t see much of a difference with seibs at the helm over WB early ball to Roberts was very predictable. Hopefully changes in coming.

Other than he can tackle....he's fucken hopeless.

I'd say he's been working on his passing speed from the ruck...and because of his limited skills, he has had to sacrifice accuracy. Like others, I thought we looked much sharper when Turpin came on.

Agree completely. Have a look at Turpin's pass to Isaako to pot that field goal. No way Macca could do that. It would end up on the ground three metres ahead and two to the left. No point in sending him back to the QLD cup expecting him to improve. A man has to know his limitations.

Time for Boyd to retire as well. I've seen enough.

If not Turpin, Niko to hooker, and blood one of the youngsters. Loving the Glenn/Niko Kiwi combo. Looking forward to more of that.

Isaako belongs at fullback. He was caught out of position at least twice on the wing, twice resulting in tries.

Milford is the only logical choice for captain. Not the greatest choice, but the cupboard is bare of other contenders.

Last edited:
i think we won’t see Turpin 9 Isaako 1 til 2020. At very earliest mid 2019. Whilst the team will be better for it, Siebs can’t and won’t be making wholesale changes right away.

Needing Milf, Lodge, Offa etc. to consistently lead before we can rid ourselves of the cool (silent/serious/won’t win premiership) heads of the old guard. That being said looks like Glenn and Gillo will hold the fort.

Macca and Boyd also seem so serious. At least you see Glenn and Gillo having a laugh.

i think we won’t see Turpin 9 Isaako 1 til 2020. At very earliest mid 2019. Whilst the team will be better for it, Siebs can’t and won’t be making wholesale changes right away.

Needing Milf, Lodge, Offa etc. to consistently lead before we can rid ourselves of the cool (silent/serious/won’t win premiership) heads of the old guard. That being said looks like Glenn and Gillo will hold the fort.

Macca and Boyd also seem so serious. At least you see Glenn and Gillo having a laugh.

...and 3 Staggs (Bird out)
If Seibold is persisting with mediocrity, these young guns will sign with rival clubs in 2020, mid 2019 if the price is right.
Another frustrating 2019 campaign on the horizon, while the drought continues.

...and 3 Staggs (Bird out)
If Seibold is persisting with mediocrity, these young guns will sign with rival clubs in 2020, mid 2019 if the price is right.
Another frustrating 2019 campaign on the horizon, while the drought continues.

I think you are grossly over exaggerating. Honestly these kind of posts before the season has even started are a bit of a joke really.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Big Del
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • LittleDavey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manlyman
  • Browny
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • The Boss
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Spooky1013
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.