Trial #3 vs. Warriors Pre-Match Discussion

To be honest, I do think U20s halves should spend time in QLD Cup first, just to get those disgusting typical NYC habits out of their system, and you know, play with real men without being overawed by the occasion and no massive pressure.

I wouldn't complain if they threw Marmin Barba in there.

Last edited:
We'll that's disappointing

Will be disappointed if he doesn't name Nikorima in the warriors trial. Even if the kid doesn't shine in 13 a side against the big boys, I think he earned a crack at it with his previous trial and 9's performance. If his first half is abysmal, chuck strasser in for the final 40 and make a decision. I really don't want Barba there anymore, I want him at fullback lingering and injecting at will. I especially don't want him there if griffin is doing it to keep Hoffy happy but I don't think that's the case. I think Nikorima is ready for the step up

i dont know what more he could of done to deserve a go in the warriors trial. its just, bemusing to me. im not making him out to be a superstar or anything like that at all, but alot of league commentators that AREN'T broncos fans were commenting his performances.

now i guess we wait to see how gets named at 6 eh..........

souths luke keary is out for a few months and maguire has named young dylan walker at 6.

we'll probably name gillett there.

I am 50/50 on Nikorima at 5/8 so don't have a problem with this decision. I think Kahu is the best choice this year and we need to get through until his return.
I have watched Nikorima come through the 20s and just don't think he is ready but in saying that thought he may have got a chance on the back of his nines performance.
Just wondering how you feel about Nikorima in first grade this early Big Pete?

souths luke keary is out for a few months and maguire has named young dylan walker at 6.

It is not Dylan Walker's first game in first grade out of the 20s.
Poor example
Also if i remember rightly the report on Nikorima after the Redcliffe match was not a glowing report.

It is not Dylan Walker's first game in first grade out of the 20s.
Poor example
Also if i remember rightly the report on Nikorima after the Redcliffe match was not a glowing report.

Not really. People liked his enthusiasm, but he was average at best against the Cowboys.

Really looking forward to this game, this will show us how strong we really are and what to expect this year and I better hope it's good.

I've heard 5 months. I feel sorry for the bloke.

I hope Gillett never gets a go at 6 again. Does anyone remember what happened last time?

Not really. People liked his enthusiasm, but he was average at best against the Cowboys.
I never saw the match but that was the vibe i got from you guys that saw it.
Griffin could have seen enough of Nikorima and may want to see Barba and Strasser for a half each.

I've heard 5 months. I feel sorry for the bloke.

I hope Gillett never gets a go at 6 again. Does anyone remember what happened last time?
The commentators in NZ were having a lovefest with Gillett but i honestly thought he was average and blown away by the other three backrowers.
Anyone else feel the same

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.