Trial Match #1 vs Cowboys Post Match discussion

personally i thought nikorama was the best half tonight.

The halves were predictable. The Cowboys knew what they were going to do just about every time and just completely took them out of the game. The long cut out balls also weren't very effective. Maybe people with a better view might have a different opinion, but from where I was sitting they were average. Their passing, kicking game and decision making could definitely use some work.

A little disappointing. Cowboys aren't exactly Masters of the Universe in terms of defence....well, maybe the Masters of the Universe movie (though maybe they really improved in that area with a new coach).

The only half missing has barely started showing himself as a first grader too.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if Kahu did his ACL, I'd go as far as to say it night be a career killer having 3 in a row. That being said I think it would be alright if he was only out 4-6 weeks because we could try out Strasser in the halves where he'll have a chance to stay.

I hope there's no serious injuries for Kahu, the guy deserves better luck.

of the forwards i thought molo ofenague (spelling?) and lowrie were the most impressive. although im not sure who was as fault for the poor middle defense.

We only have 1 more trial game so it would be stupid not to give Strasser a run considering we recruited him because we needed a new five-eighth and he is one. Would be good for the second trial if we fielded our strongest team or near strongest to get an idea of what we will be like in the comp this year.

actually we have two more trials. next week though half the squad will be at the 9's, the other half at wynnum.

the 3rd trial vs warriors i expect to be very much full strength dress rehearsal for the nrl season

Full team sheet:

1. Kahu
16. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Yow Yeh
5. Mills
6. Strasser
7. Nikorima
8. Kennedy
9. Granville
10. Green
11. Ofahehgaue
12. Stagg
13. Lowrie
14. Cullen
15. Barba
17. Drew
18. Hala
19. Wallace
20. Molo
21. Martins
22. Paki
23. Nikormia
24. Grinke
25. Adams
26. Alick

Last edited:
The third trial is where teams usually go full strength barring injuries, so that's where you'll get some indication of our real form.

Kahu no news and scans are tomorrow.

Copley a head knock. He's ok.

Green and Kennedy were strong.

Granville made some good runs but struggled as the game went on.

Cullen was very good.

Ruck and middle defence along with goal line was poor.

Kicking game average. Not one repeat set.

Strasser played right side while on and did some ok things- no mistakes.

Nikorima ran and tried to use his footwork at 7 with minimal impact.

Barba at fullback was average.

Lowrie was best Bronco with Green and Kennedy.

Back line barely touched the ball because Nikorima either doesn't pass or grubbers to himself.
Strasser passed and kicked better than our other 5/8 options. Nearly set up a couple with cut out passes.
Granville looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. Should have got a couple of penalties for catching the Cowboys offside and even though the refs whistle was glued onto his mouth it wasn't called.
Mills looks quick. Might get a spot depending on the rest of the trials and when Hodges returns.
Jon Green played well which surprised me. Looks hard to tackle.
Our forwards were really slow to get onside which caused a few penalties. Would like to see the penalty count. I'm guessing like 10-1 and only half of them were warranted.
Joe Ofahehgaue looked like he will be a good second rower. Played well.
David Stagg was first receiver on wayyyyyyyyy too many occasions. Not sure why.
Cullen can be a good runner out of dummy half but his passing was slow. Wallace like I guess haha. Would be better at 6 or 7.
If skill and consistence is being taken into account, Hala is going to eventually lose his spot to Francis Molo. Runs a lot harder, tackles a lot harder and catches the ball a lot more.
Yow Yeh doesn't have a limp. Might move to second row though as he seems to have lost speed.

When is Taumololo off contract at the Cowboys? He was Man of the Match easily. Followed by Tariq Sims.

Not overly. He certainly has a different walk/run now and I thought he was looking sore before he went off. Mind you, the place was packed and I couldn't see shit...

Did yow yeh play well?

He was quiet. Only got a few touches. Backline was invisible all night apart from Mills running up the sideline once or twice and Vidot going in to take some hitups.

Not overly. He certainly has a different walk/run now and I thought he was looking sore before he went off. Mind you, the place was packed and I couldn't see shit...

Too packed imo. Surely they were over capacity, a lot of people couldn't even see the game. I couldn't see that great. The security and the cops were also completely fucking usless and couldn't keep the people from standing at the fence which just made it worse.

^ yeah the place seemed packed. i went there at 4pm ish though and got a great spot on the half way line.

actually we have two more trials. next week though half the squad will be at the 9's, the other half at wynnum.

the 3rd trial vs warriors i expect to be very much full strength dress rehearsal for the nrl season

Oh ok, I heard that game got cancelled because of the 9's.

so for those that were not there can those that were there tell us what was gained form tonights game - nothing but confusion it sees to me

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • lynx000
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • IceWorks
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.