Trial - Warriors vs Broncos - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodges was good. Norman has surely played himself out of the team. Thaiday is as clumsy as ever. Reed is well short of a gallop. Kahu needs time playing footy. Berryman is fast. Why not utilise that? Prince has to be first choice halfback surely

I love how much of a cool cat you are, Son Edo. Keep it up bro, great attitude to have! :-)

Hodges was good. Norman has surely played himself out of the team. Thaiday is as clumsy as ever. Reed is well short of a gallop. Kahu needs time playing footy. Berryman is fast. Why not utilise that? Prince has to be first choice halfback surely

In regards to Norman playing himself out of the team, have you seen our coach? He'll be our 6

Beads, that's not on.

Very mistake riddled performance from us, but still lots to be happy about.

Prince has to be halfback with Wallace at 5/8th for me.

Norman just doesn't seem to have it.

Excellent trial performance from the Broncos. We should win every game. Got great depth and a great game plan

All I saw was boring predictable Griffin ball. We will never win a premiership playing that way unless we buy Smith, Slater and Cronk.
We will win our fair share no doubt but we are in for a boring season.

Should I mention 2006 trials again? We were a lot worse than today. How can you truly assess our performance with our halves subbed twice per half. There was no continuity, just a lot of changes to see what sticks. We'll Have a better idea in round 1

I'm not assessing the performance as much as our style. 06 ?, slightly different roster and coaching staff.

That "slightly different roster and coaching staff"(which wasn't a comparison in the side of their roster, coaching staff or capabilities, rather that it can still happen to any side and you shouldn't dismiss a season outright just because you don't like the trial results) still put out a 58-10 thrashing at the hands of the Storm, the last trial before the season and the same side we later beat in the grand final, people on this forum were very concerned about that season, I wonder how they felt afterwards?

Hodges is the fucking man.

Hunt looked awesome while Norman was terrible. Prince was solid and Wallace didn't do much. Hunt & Prince for halves please, wallace as the role hunt played the last 2 seasons.

We're still no closer to finding out who gets the wing spots but even tho he looked unco at times, i want to see Maranta get a spot, I liked the way he jumped for high balls thats something that we rely on. Berryman looks more or less like another Leon Bott. If Berryman is to play, I would have Reed play on his side and have Reed as the defensive winger on 4th and 5th tackle.

Its hard to compare trial form to 2006, it would be nice if we could say "this will just be like 2006" remember tho, back then we had Darren Lockyer, Shane Webcke, Petero Civoniceva, Karmichael Hunt, Brad Thorn, Tonie Carroll, Shaun Berrigan

Last edited:
Actually its not hard to compare trial form to different years when you use it in the right context, no one here suggested that this side will be just like 2006, I could point to other seasons where we haven't done so well in the trials and done well, and done well in the trials and done poorly. At the end of the day I just don't think you can flat out say oh this will be a long season on the back of a few trials, nor can you say we will win the premiership, outside of a smartass comment has anyone here come out suggesting in this thread we are in for a great season?

not going against any of the comments about trial form, just stating, don't get too excited. :P

Why don't you suck him off??

Haha, did Beads say this to me? Can't believe I missed it! Such a tough guy!

I thought we did okay in the first half, and were clearly the dominant team, but after about 10 minutes of the second half, it just all unravelled and we looked pretty damn awful.

I really don't want to read too much into the performance, as it was only a trial, so I won't single out anyone, but I do tend to agree with Dexter that our attack looks very one dimensional. Help me, Scott Prince, you're my only hope.

Help%2Bme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.