Trials Week 1

Warriors vs Wigan highlights.

I wonder how long it will take for Souths to sign Joe Burgess. He scored 4 tries against the Warriors.

Is he another burgi? Or just some bloke with the same last name

Last edited by a moderator:
Great report Super Freak.

What did you think of Albert Vete from the Warriors? I thought he had a couple of really promising touches for them and if I was a Warriors fan, I'd be interested to see how he performs off the bench. I've heard that he's going to be behind Lousi, but that seems to be a mistake from my point of view as I don't see a whole lot in him.

Townsend was a little too inconsistent for mine. I enjoyed his adventurous kicking game, but there were certainly times where he ran the risk one too many times and paid for it. I'd be interested to see how he goes with Johnson as a partner, while you do need somebody to balance Johnson's sheer reckless abandon with the football - I don't know if Leuluai is talented enough at this level to justify a walk-up start.

Loved how early Burgess got down low and dived for the line in those first couple of tries. Someone should show this to Maranta so he knows how you score a try.

Great report Super Freak.

What did you think of Albert Vete from the Warriors? I thought he had a couple of really promising touches for them and if I was a Warriors fan, I'd be interested to see how he performs off the bench. I've heard that he's going to be behind Lousi, but that seems to be a mistake from my point of view as I don't see a whole lot in him.

Townsend was a little too inconsistent for mine. I enjoyed his adventurous kicking game, but there were certainly times where he ran the risk one too many times and paid for it. I'd be interested to see how he goes with Johnson as a partner, while you do need somebody to balance Johnson's sheer reckless abandon with the football - I don't know if Leuluai is talented enough at this level to justify a walk-up start.

I thought the same thing. I thought he made some good runs and troubled the defense at times. I think he showed he should be given a crack off the bench at the start of the season and see how he goes. He is a big boy and he has some speed, which is always a good thing against a tired defense. He needs to work on a few things in his game, like his defense. Noticed he was flat flooted a couple of times, but you get that with young guys.

I noticed that with Townsend, but I thought overall he had a good game in a side that was dominated for most of the game.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.