Two rounds down

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Well, after some of the results from the weekend, our effort against Manly may have been a little better than what it appeared at first blush. My early prediction is that we we will make the eight, however it is likely to be in position 5-8.

You would think that the likely challengers for the top 4 are Melbourne, Manly, Souths, Canterbury and the Cowboys. They at this early stage appear to be the likely top 5.

Once again on very early form, it appears likely that St George, Tigers, Warriors, Canberra and Penrith may struggle and appear most likely to appear in the bottom 8.

That leaves 3 positions open to be grabbed by Roosters, Cronulla, Titans, Broncos, Newcastle or Parramatta.

Out of those, Cronulla, Newcastle and Roosters have recruited well, but there is every chance that Cronulla may implode at some stage during the season. I am still not sure that either the Titans, Parramatta or Newcastle have resolved their halves issues. Once again on very early form it appears likely that Roosters, Newy and Parra are going to be inconsistent in their form. So, if we can build into the season and try to minimise the post origin slump, I see us making the 8, but I do not see us as serious title contenders unless there is a significant change in our form.

Melbourne and Manly look like they're going to book their spot in the top 4 by the time Origin comes around.

How good do the Titans halves look? They're both only 22 as well.

Last edited:
They do look good, I just have some concerns whether they can maintain it for the season.

Melbourne and Manly look like they're going to book their spot in the top 4 by the time Origin comes around.

Ill reserve judgement on how good their halves looked until they beat a decent team. They looked average last week and today they looked amazing against a team that the beenleigh under 15's could have beat

See, we can succeed with Hunt and Norman....... loooolz

Agree with lynx, the top 5 are clearly a class above right now. But it's a long season. Would not surprise to see the wheels fall off the Cowboys or Rabbitohs. It's happened numerous times before. Once Bulldogs get their top players back on the field they will be hard to stop.

I think Broncos will finish as high as 6th, as low as 11th. 6th wouldn't be a bad spot. Home final and chance to take on a beaten up top 4 team in week 2.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • mitch222
  • thenry
  • Clintos
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.