Tyson Gamble appreciation thread

My concern would be that a Reynolds / Gamble halves pairing would be close to the slowest in the league.
Gamble isn't that slow, that one time he ran in that game and he looked like he was sprinting at walking speed he was walking back out of breath because he overworks him self(because he is taking basically all the half work) but there have been times where he can get going.

In the Vlandy ball game the half is the one with the highest work rate due to the speed of attack, the distance covered stats is just filled with halves every week.

MellowDangerousAfghanhound size restricted

He did a damn good job tonight. Some of his kicks toward the Cows in goal were exceptional

He seems to be getting better with time. Still pretty inconsistent, but I feel the overall trajectory is slowly heading upwards. I hope he keeps improving and cuts out the stupid and bad plays too.

Yeah he has some average games but I love his passion. Need more if it

Yeah he has some average games but I love his passion. Need more if it
I think his communication is really good and shows what a mature half brings to the team. Off the ball you can see him pointing and shouting at the team. It is the one thing the team sorely needed, and his communication has drastically improved the right side defence.

I also like that he doesnt take shit. Too often have we just tolerated late shots, foul play against us, deliberate breaking of the rules and other mouthy shits. It is good to have someone that won't stand for it.

Against the cowboys he was hit by hess after a kick. It was legal as it wasnt too late or taking the legs out but hess went on completing the tackle to the ground. Gamble got the shits and went after hess, grabbing him by the collar and giving him some cheeky collar jabs. Another cowboys player actually came over to help hess out.

Not often is it a half that takes on a prop, and the prop is the one that gets back up.

I remember tallis saying that it was some of the actions alf did on the field that fired the rest of the team up. I think gamble's actions are similar.

The field goal when we were leading by 12 to ice the game is great signs.
Tyson could become anything learning off Reynolds next year and working hard.
The 6 is his to loose atm

not to mention that Kevvie is a very good halves coach

The other thing about Gamble is his unorthodox style, everything looks different to how things are taught. His passing game, his kicks, that drop goal. Nothing looks text book and I love it, it's like one of those self taught guitar players that don't even know what cords they are playing, it's all instinct and passion. Also like an unorthodox boxer putting their opponent off their game by not being predictable. oh and how great was it seeing him chase the bomb and hammer Granville.

I know he isn't at that level currently but damn he is textbook origin material............I know he doesn't deserve a shot and he will never get one but he would absolutely flourish there I believe. He reminds me a lot of Munster but more unorthodox and a lot less class

I know he isn't at that level currently but damn he is textbook origin material............I know he doesn't deserve a shot and he will never get one but he would absolutely flourish there I believe. He reminds me a lot of Munster but more unorthodox and a lot less class
i wouldnt be so sure about never getting a chance, remember Tom Flegler, Kyle Felft and Joe Ofenhengaue all played this year

If Gamble plays 6 next to Reynolds it would be very reminiscent to the Reynolds Sutton combo. Could be worse.

We’d just need a fullback that is a genuine threat or speedster to keep defenders on their toes during backline movements

I think we should be making a play Dean Laurie. Another season or two in the gym and this guy is going to be superb at the back.

I think we should be making a play Dean Laurie. Another season or two in the gym and this guy is going to be superb at the back.
Daine Laurie? He signed with the Tigers this year until 2024

Daine Laurie? He signed with the Tigers this year until 2024
Didn’t he also just break his leg?

Obviously that will heal, but yeh, not sure we need to sign someone knowing we’ll definitely have to rehab them.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.