VOTE TYSON GAMBLE is BHQ's Player of Round 21

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your three best players from Thursday evening's match against the Newcastle Knights and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Tuesday.

Note: donkey votes will not be counted.

Congratulations to Tyson gamble, MVP of Round Twenty.

BHQ Best 20

LEADERBOARD

Payne Haas
482​
Tevita Pangai Junior
363​
Matthew Lodge
203​
Herbie Farnworth
198​
Jamayne Isaako
194​
Tyson Gamble
162​
Jake Turpin
118​
Tesi Niu
114​
Jordan Riki
103​
David Mead
92​
Xavier Coates
78​
Corey Oates
73​
TC Robati
68​
Kotoni Staggs
67​
Albert Kelly
63​
Anthony Milford
62​
Kobe Hetherington
52​
Ethan Bullemor
40​
Rhys Kennedy
34​
Brodie Croft
29​
Selwyn Cobbo
21​
Tom Dearden
18​
John Asiata
17​
Thomas Flegler
15​
Jesse Arthars
12​
Cory Paix
12​
Ben Te'o
7​
Patrick Carrigan
6​
Danny Levi
5​
Keenan Palasia
4​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Dale Copley
2​
Karmichael Hunt
1​

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Haas, Gamble and Goates

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Gamble, Oates and Levi.

Kevvie needs to rethink resigning Levi he has shown something in the last two games Turpin hasn't ever been capable of.
Who's Turpin?

Levi is so much more sleight of hand and speed.

3. Oates
2. Gamble
1. Levi

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I was ready to push Oates out the door half way through the season but he’s really come back in to form. $500k is still overs but the way he’s playing he’d be worth hanging on to. He’s been great.

I’d actually look at extending him a year on $350k so it averages out to a better deal.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I was ready to push Oates out the door half way through the season but he’s really come back in to form. $500k is still overs but the way he’s playing he’d be worth hanging on to. He’s been great.

I’d actually look at extending him a year on $350k so it averages out to a better deal.

a winger like Oates in top form is worth every bit of 500k ... unfortunately for both the club and Oates, we rarely saw him anywhere near top form.

Kev looks to have got him firing again

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
3 Oates
2 Herbie
1 Haas

Herbie will be an elite centre if he learns that he has a bloke to his left.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
3. Oates
2. Gamble
1. Levi

Strangely quiet night for Haas, he rarely bent the line like he normally does and seemed to go to ground way too easily. I hope we aren't burning him out but he's just about the only prop in the side worth feeding at the moment. It's nice to see an Oates resurgence. He was a cooked duck at this club not even 5 months ago.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
3. Oates
2. Gamble
1. Levi

Strangely quiet night for Haas, he rarely bent the line like he normally does and seemed to go to ground way too easily. I hope we aren't burning him out but he's just about the only prop in the side worth feeding at the moment. It's nice to see an Oates resurgence. He was a cooked duck at this club not even 5 months ago.

he wasn't that quiet:

150m from 14 runs (52 PCM)
50 tackles

it's just that we did so much tackling as we only had 44% possession

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
3. Oates
2. Gamble
1. Levi

I said the same about Haas last week. He’s such a freak that his stats are still elite but he has looked off the mark by his standards the last 2 weeks. Especially compared to his huge game against the Sharks..

Coincidentally TPJ left 2 rounds ago.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Let's not mention Ben Ikin or Darius Boyd:

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Let's not mention Ben Ikin or Darius Boyd:

I hope Tyson is able to work on his bombs in the off season. It’s the one part of his game which is so predictable. Everytime they go to him on the last I just sigh as I know an ordinary kick is about to transpire.

At least it more often than not lands in the right spot.it’s just his kicks have very little menace in them for the winger or fullback.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I hope Tyson is able to work on his bombs in the off season. It’s the one part of his game which is so predictable. Everytime they go to him on the last I just sigh as I know an ordinary kick is about to transpire.

At least it more often than not lands in the right spot.it’s just his kicks have very little menace in them for the winger or fullback.
They aren’t the type of kicks that might force an error like Milf can but he usually lands it nicely in the right corner and more often than not he puts just enough height on it that our defence can contain the catcher before they can wind up. Does the job.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
DALLY M

3 – Mitchell Pearce
2 – Tyson Frizell
1 – Herbie Farnworth

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncoFan94
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.