Under 19 Origin

Anyone else see what happened with Mozer there in the tunnel?
I've seen seasoned NRL players do that all the time, hardly going to hold it against a youngster playing their version of SOO being frustrated with themselves for a brain explosion that lets down your team mates.

Mozer has been ordinary and that tackle an indication of his frustration.

It is interesting seeing how players who are used to playing in dominant teams respond to tough games or when they are being dominated. Mozer has tried to do a couple things when it really wasn't the time to. He really just need to focus on generating momentum in the middle to get some field position.

The ref is pretty poor. The unexplained 6 agains and He called a drop out for Queensland when they caught it in goal. Yes he jumped from the field so it is not a 20m restart, but he was not tackled and did not ground the ball intentionally, and as such was entitled to get up and run back in field. The ref did not give him the opportunity.
Yeah not seeing the Smith comparison in Mozer I think I would have gone with Packer

Really disappointing. Va'a was great, he was a real captain tonight. He's the only positive I can find. Toia created things but then overcooked it and did silly things.

New South Wales just way too good in defence, apart from the first five minutes Queensland never looked like scoring and so much they didn't have a line break. That's unbelievable.

Kicking game was terrible, defence was shocking.

Blues did everything better.

I only caught the second half but at 24-4 the game was basically over. Couple with the loss of Howarth and Te Kura and the Maroons just lacked the weapons necessary. NSW a class above, but of course they should be considering how many more NRL players they have. Queensland went with a much younger team and it showed and some players were clearly short of a gallop.

I was surprised Mozer wasn't sent off. Ugly tackle and a clear sign of his inexperience. I actually thought there were some good signs tonight despite the obvious rust. I don't think he had a ton to work with, yes he forced a kick at one point but there was nothing doing and he did regather it so no harm no foul. Hopefully it does hose down the Cameron Smith talks because Smith wasn't even close to the player he ended up becoming at Mozer's age. Still, I see a quality player there.

Two moments I liked - sticking up for his captain early in the second half and the emotion in the tunnel. He'll remember tonight and I'm keen to see how he responds.

Otherwise it was men vs. boys. A couple of good moments from Queensland who clearly have promise but not the experience or athleticism to capitilise. NSW on the other hand had everything in their favour and made the most of it.

That's the best I have seen Va'a play- I have never been a massive fan. Always just felt he was a big kid who loved boxing more but tonight he was great.

Improved massively since MM last season.

I only caught the second half but at 24-4 the game was basically over. Couple with the loss of Howarth and Te Kura and the Maroons just lacked the weapons necessary. NSW a class above, but of course they should be considering how many more NRL players they have. Queensland went with a much younger team and it showed and some players were clearly short of a gallop.

I was surprised Mozer wasn't sent off. Ugly tackle and a clear sign of his inexperience. I actually thought there were some good signs tonight despite the obvious rust. I don't think he had a ton to work with, yes he forced a kick at one point but there was nothing doing and he did regather it so no harm no foul. Hopefully it does hose down the Cameron Smith talks because Smith wasn't even close to the player he ended up becoming at Mozer's age. Still, I see a quality player there.

Two moments I liked - sticking up for his captain early in the second half and the emotion in the tunnel. He'll remember tonight and I'm keen to see how he responds.

Otherwise it was men vs. boys. A couple of good moments from Queensland who clearly have promise but not the experience or athleticism to capitilise. NSW on the other hand had everything in their favour and made the most of it.

Good thing is the make up game on Saturday Souths have to play so he doesn't have to sit around and think about it- he can get out and do something straight away and not have the weekend off like everyone else.

I hadn't realised how big te kura was. If he can put on some muscle, he could be our version of NAS.

I actually thought the score was not a true reflection of the game. Defence was poor for 15 mins and it cost us but the piggy back penalties facilitated that and NSW rode the momentum.
Toia bombs those opportunities and we ended up down on troops 2nd half while NSW defence was very strong.
I don’t know what Mozer was doing but he didn’t follow though and it was pretty soft for a binning.
Some real prospects there.

I hadn't realised how big te kura was. If he can put on some muscle, he could be our version of NAS.

Massive and I’ve been saying great defender despite his less than ideal defender shape.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Accept
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.