SHITPOST Unpopular opinions

B

BIG_BROTHER

May 9, 2021
1. Payne Haas may be a top 10 attacking prop and I love his workrate but he is still a massive liability in defense. His lateral movements and reads in the middle are appalling and needs to be drilled into him if he wants to become a top 10 all-round prop.

2. Reynolds isn't worth the money and I think he will have more of a negative impact on the club than anything else. In the interview after we lost the trial Tyson Gamble went on about how we played badly but we should be fine when Reynolds is back. I think this is a sign that there is too much expectation on a player that got outclassed by the walters/kelly combination in round 1.

1. Payne Haas may be a top 10 attacking prop and I love his workrate but he is still a massive liability in defense. His lateral movements and reads in the middle are appalling and needs to be drilled into him if he wants to become a top 10 all-round prop.

2. Reynolds isn't worth the money and I think he will have more of a negative impact on the club than anything else. In the interview after we lost the trial Tyson Gamble went on about how we played badly but we should be fine when Reynolds is back. I think this is a sign that there is too much expectation on a player that got outclassed by the walters/kelly combination in round 1.
You're living proof that the old adage 'You don't need a long neck to look like a goose' still holds true. :rofl

I made a thread about Haas poor defence when I first joined, he has drastically improved in that area though.

Assuming you're genuine here for a moment.
On Haas being a 'massive liability' your claim simply must be called, way over the top. He may not be the greatest defender but he's certainly pretty damn good as his stats clearly show.

Change/moderate your claim and you might get reasonable responses.

Second statement is plainly silly. Reynolds was playing his first game in 6 months, is just recovered (probably) from covid and is in a team for which he has never played a single game.
Aside from that he is a proven professional.

Now, I've given you the benefit of the doubt here and I expect you to make sense.

Rnd 1 - Broncs v Rabbits. 70 minutes played, 45 tackles made, 1 miss. 97.83% tackle efficiency.
Rnd 2 - Bulldogs v Broncs. 60 minutes played, 33 tackles made, 1 miss. 89.29% tackle efficiency.

Reynolds,

Rnd 2 - Bulldogs v Broncs. 80 minutes played, 25 tackles, 2 conversions, 16 kicks for 562 kick metres, 4 bombs, 25 passes, 1 assist for a controversial no-try, 4 runs, 1 tackle break, in his first game for us…

A trial? Lol…

On yer bike, troll…

BIG_FLOG

OP can count himself lucky I'm not a mod, to be frank lol

Well I'd say the Broncos are definitely in crisis. Wooden spoon 2 years ago, bottom 4 last year, and for some reason that bottom 4 coach kept his job. I don't care about the ladder, it's a lottery at the start of the year (we won the first two games plus the spoon in 2020).

Consider these stats for the year so far:

* We have not won a game by 12 or more points yet every game we have lost has been by 13+.

* Our highest paid players are Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs & Adam Reynolds. None of them have scored a single try this year. We must be massively top-heavy.

* Only one player remains from the 2015 grand final team, which was our most successful team since 2006, and that player has scored 50% of all of our tries.

* The Dragons, who didn't even make the Top 8 last year and is full of our rejects, scored more points in their first game than we have this entire season.

* Players were jumping ship mid-season last year and just two games in to this season it's already happening again, with our international fullback believing he has a better future at the Titans this year.

Batten down the hatches, we're in for a long year.

Well I'd say the Broncos are definitely in crisis. Wooden spoon 2 years ago, bottom 4 last year, and for some reason that bottom 4 coach kept his job. I don't care about the ladder, it's a lottery at the start of the year (we won the first two games plus the spoon in 2020).

Consider these stats for the year so far:

* We have not won a game by 12 or more points yet every game we have lost has been by 13+.

* Our highest paid players are Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs & Adam Reynolds. None of them have scored a single try this year. We must be massively top-heavy.

* Only one player remains from the 2015 grand final team, which was our most successful team since 2006, and that player has scored 50% of all of our tries.

* The Dragons, who didn't even make the Top 8 last year and is full of our rejects, scored more points in their first game than we have this entire season.

* Players were jumping ship mid-season last year and just two games in to this season it's already happening again, with our international fullback believing he has a better future at the Titans this year.

Batten down the hatches, we're in for a long year.
Hi Pete, and how many dobbobux are we paying for our international fullback to lead the Titans to finals glory?

fire abandon thread GIF

Hi Pete, and how many dobbobux are we paying for our international fullback to lead the Titans to finals glory?

According to my sources, he was being paid $800k a season here and because the Titans already have a full roster he has to go on a development deal there, so they are capped by how much they can spend (which is capped at zero dollars). So we have to pay the full $1.2 million a season for him.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.