SHITPOST Unpopular opinions

According to my sources, he was being paid $800k a season here and because the Titans already have a full roster he has to go on a development deal there, so they are capped by how much they can spend (which is capped at zero dollars). So we have to pay the full $1.2 million a season for him.
Seriously!? Does that mean $1.5 million off our next two season's cap then?

Yes but also a $1.5 million salary cap concession to the Roosters too, just because.
Right, I forgot about the introduction of the Vlandy-Politis clause that was introduced early 2019. I refer of course to section 11.3a, subsection 4, paragraph 1.2 where it states (and I'm just paraphrasing here) _ "Roosters".

Seriously!? Does that mean $1.5 million off our next two season's cap then?

Oh no, that's not the case at all. The Broncos had to spend marquee money in order to retain him but it had to be front-ended because Isaako's manager needed the money upfront to pay off his gambling and cocaine habits. His contract value next year was only for the minimum allowable value which is $(note to self - remember to look up what I last claimed this was as I'm a journo who makes shit up) so in effect the Broncos save absolutely nothing by releasing him, which is further evidence of the Broncos in crisis.

According to my sources, he was being paid $800k a season here and because the Titans already have a full roster he has to go on a development deal there, so they are capped by how much they can spend (which is capped at zero dollars). So we have to pay the full $1.2 million a season for him.
That seems entirely fair and appropriate. But only if Staggs also gets suspened for 12 weeks and Reynolds has to play with his legs tied together.

Well I'd say the Broncos are definitely in crisis. Wooden spoon 2 years ago, bottom 4 last year, and for some reason that bottom 4 coach kept his job. I don't care about the ladder, it's a lottery at the start of the year (we won the first two games plus the spoon in 2020).

Consider these stats for the year so far:

* We have not won a game by 12 or more points yet every game we have lost has been by 13+.

* Our highest paid players are Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs & Adam Reynolds. None of them have scored a single try this year. We must be massively top-heavy.

* Only one player remains from the 2015 grand final team, which was our most successful team since 2006, and that player has scored 50% of all of our tries.

* The Dragons, who didn't even make the Top 8 last year and is full of our rejects, scored more points in their first game than we have this entire season.

* Players were jumping ship mid-season last year and just two games in to this season it's already happening again, with our international fullback believing he has a better future at the Titans this year.

Batten down the hatches, we're in for a long year.
Brilliant. I almost bit!

You've got a career waiting for you down in Sydney.

will ferrell locker room GIF by Ben L

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.