NEWS Vlandys (and Abdo) want to divide the competition

What would really improve the NRL is giving the team who came last the hardest draw the next year. They can’t even get that shit right. There’s plenty of things to change about this sport but they’re trying to change the weirdest stuff.

Hear me out, the teams on the right play each other twice a year and the teams on the left play each other twice too.
F07CE829 390D 4FD6 8A75 0D9E47A0CCC2

This is the NRL's MO these days, float an idea, gauge public interest and make the necessary changes. I can actually see this happening over the next five years, they just won't split the tables. What may end up happening is that they'll expand the finals system to fit 10 teams so there aren't as many 'dead' games. That may not happen right away, but I can see an incident where a 'fan favourite' like Newcastle or Wests will miss out and they'll argue it was because of the uneven conference.

I don't think V'landys is going to be around that long. I think by that point in time we're going to look back at how crazy V'landys ball was and there's going to be an outcry namely from Sydney fans about how much of a visionary he was.

Joey has figured out how to kill it, they can't have a Rabbitohs/Roosters GF under the conference system

Yeah this is what I touched on earlier. I don’t like any system that prevents the possible of any 2 given teams playing each other in the gf.

The idea that before a single ball has been kicked you already can eliminate a huge amount of possible GF team combinations kills a lot of the excitement for me.

What it really feels like is a Sydney comp and a quasi-QLD comp with 2 seperate gf winners who come together at the end to play a origin type exhibition. It’s like when the English super league GF winner plays the NRL winner - no one really cares at that point.

I do think a consistent and even draw needs to be made but I don’t know how you do that without having a very short or very long season given the amount of teams.

Yeah this is what I touched on earlier. I don’t like any system that prevents the possible of any 2 given teams playing each other in the gf.

The idea that before a single ball has been kicked you already can eliminate a huge amount of possible GF team combinations kills a lot of the excitement for me.

What it really feels like is a Sydney comp and a quasi-QLD comp with 2 seperate gf winners who come together at the end to play a origin type exhibition. It’s like when the English super league GF winner plays the NRL winner - no one really cares at that point.

I do think a consistent and even draw needs to be made but I don’t know how you do that without having a very short or very long season given the amount of teams.

I think maybe another poster suggested it.....the top 8 from this year play each other twice next year, and the bottom 8 once. It's simple, easy, reasonably fair. Won't happen. NRL has NFI.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Socnorb
  • KnToad
  • lynx000
  • Morepudding
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Ondi
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.