NEWS Vlandys (and Abdo) want to divide the competition

Consistently shit for every team not located in Shitney.

Teams outside of Sydney travelling all over the country and NZ with 8 conference away games and 4/5 games in Sydney (12-13 travelling games a year)... compared to NSWRL teams only travelling out of Sydney 4/5 times a year.
It's not that much different right now either, Sydney teams don't travel that much more with the current set up. Not counting the magic round or when a Sydney team moves their home ground somewhere else for whatever reason (like Eels did vs the Broncos), I believe the Panthers only have to travel outside of Sydney 3 times this year.

Yeah no! We need less teams and everyone plays each other twice. You can’t manipulate the draw and it’s fair all around.

This fucking v’landys guy is absolutely fucked I hate him so much. He’s the worst things that’s ever happened to this sport.

I guess the draw would be consistent this way, rather than the way it is now, where teams are seemingly randomly selected to play each other twice (and Broncos get screwed).

The way it is now is completely fucked.....its pus.

I'm all for it personally.
me too......sounds like maybe a good thing. Something has to change with the current structure.

Although.......it could be the beginning of the end for State of Origin. In a short while, rivilarly will be at its most intense..... between Gr1 & Gr2. The showcase of the comp (such as SOS is now) will be a series between the best of the best of the two groups....IMO.

"Outer Sydney" explains is all, really.

Just bring reserve and U20's back (properly) and keep it at 16 clubs.

The gif function doesn’t work on my phon, but if it did you’d be seeing Steve Carell saying No, No, No, God, No etc etc.

This would be me out the door I reckon. I’ll just support QRL.

The gif function doesn’t work on my phon, but if it did you’d be seeing Steve Carell saying No, No, No, God, No etc etc.

This would be me out the door I reckon. I’ll just support QRL.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

The way it is now is completely fucked.....its pus.

me too......sounds like maybe a good thing. Something has to change with the current structure.

Although.......it could be the beginning of the end for State of Origin. In a short while, rivilarly will be at its most intense..... between Gr1 & Gr2. The showcase of the comp (such as SOS is now) will be a series between the best of the best of the two groups....IMO.
Would also give a gateway to the push that is obvious even now "financially" ....to start including NZ in SOO.

which would be fucked.....IMO.

What you forget with the "not enough talent" argument, is that R&R seems very limited to a select group of players. The NFL with the college system, school system, lower divisions, (exactly like NRL has over here) is brutal with players not making it. Tim Tebow is a joke, but at the school level was killing it. We just have to wield the knife a lot harder and if a player isn't up to scratch, boot his arse. There are more half backs who we could look at then the 4 the media is pushing for us to sign.
Whilst we are on tim Tebow🤣. I only know him for who he is now, but can someone explain his career to me please? I see he was a 2x Heisman winning quarterback, why didn't he make it in the NFL?

People keep referencing the NBA conferences like it's working so well over there. It's not. In fact the NBA is actively trying to find ways to remove the conferencing, especially for playoff seeding.

You will regularly have situations where the 5th-6th placed teams in one of the conferences has a better record and is far more deserving of a playoff appearance than a team that finished 4th place in the other conference.

Prime example in the NBA from the 2013/14 season -

Phoenix Suns - 48 wins, 34 losses
Washington Wizards - 44 wins, 38 losses
Brooklyn Nets - 44 wins, 38 losses
Charlotte Bobcats - 43 wins, 38 losses
Atlanta Hawks - 38 wins, 44 losses

The Suns did not make the playoffs this year (9th in the West)
The Wizards, Nets, Bobcats & Hawks made the playoffs this year (5th, 6th, 7th, 8th in the East)

The Suns had comfortably a better record than 4 teams in the Eastern conference playoffs, and they did so whilst playing the majority of their games in the Western conference, which had much harder competition.

Not only is conferencing a bad idea, it has potential to destroy the NRL.

People keep referencing the NBA conferences like it's working so well over there. It's not. In fact the NBA is actively trying to find ways to remove the conferencing, especially for playoff seeding.

You will regularly have situations where the 5th-6th placed teams in one of the conferences has a better record and is far more deserving of a playoff appearance than a team that finished 4th place in the other conference.

Prime example in the NBA from the 2013/14 season -

Phoenix Suns - 48 wins, 34 losses
Washington Wizards - 44 wins, 38 losses
Brooklyn Nets - 44 wins, 38 losses
Charlotte Bobcats - 43 wins, 38 losses
Atlanta Hawks - 38 wins, 44 losses

The Suns did not make the playoffs this year (9th in the West)
The Wizards, Nets, Bobcats & Hawks made the playoffs this year (5th, 6th, 7th, 8th in the East)

The Suns had comfortably a better record than 4 teams in the Eastern conference playoffs, and they did so whilst playing the majority of their games in the Western conference, which had much harder competition.

Not only is conferencing a bad idea, it has potential to destroy the NRL.

Well Vlandys is destroying rugby league, so what not follow it through to the end?

Works well IMO. Creates genuine rivalries which can only be a good thing. The Sydney teams need to be playing each other more.

I can see pros and cons but for me the biggest flaw is the finals system. I think it needs to be designed a way where teams from both conferences can play each other.

I can see pros and cons but for me the biggest flaw is the finals system. I think it needs to be designed a way where teams from both conferences can play each other.

Isn't that what it is? Finals on each side, then the two winners go to the NRL GF?

Isn't that what it is? Finals on each side, then the two winners go to the NRL GF?
Yeh sorry, I mean during the finals - not just the GF

I think the game loses something if the 2015 final isn’t a possibility or if the panthers can’t play the roosters if they are the 2 best teams. Also I think it gives Melbourne an even easier trip to the finals than ever before.

Whilst we are on tim Tebow🤣. I only know him for who he is now, but can someone explain his career to me please? I see he was a 2x Heisman winning quarterback, why didn't he make it in the NFL?
He was the classic example of how some guys can dominate in college but cannot translate into the NFL. His fundamentals were awful and he won games on determination. That doesn’t translate to the NFL so his terrible technique was exposed and he failed so hard that he is now a meme.

He was the classic example of how some guys can dominate in college but cannot translate into the NFL. His fundamentals were awful and he won games on determination. That doesn’t translate to the NFL so his terrible technique was exposed and he failed so hard that he is now a meme.
Ah okay thanks😄.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.