NEWS Vlandys (and Abdo) want to divide the competition

How is Melbourne not in the NSW conference. They’d literally have to travel over NSW to get to almost every game they’d play and vice versa. They’re a perfect fit for the NSW conference

The fact that they’re even talking about this as a viable option despite being unfair for half the competition is means to start our own comp again. **** the NRL and **** Sydney

Sorry but that just wouldn't suit the Sydney teams, it would just make it harder and give less opportunity for each of them to make it into any 'finals' series between the two conferences.

Just declare the winner of our conference the premiers and have mad Monday after that game. Turn up to the fake gf hungover and coming down and just kick a few balls around....or forfeit.

Yeah I'm not sure about it. Would rather see something more promotion/ relegation ish.

Have the top 8 teams all play each other, and relegate the crap teams out. So that bad management/recuitment can be punished as well.

If the salary cap was dropped for bottom 8 teams and higher for Top 8, you might see more clubs invest in juniors/younger teams and aim at premiership windows, but still have that performance pressure.

They probably think they can cash in on 2 conference 'grand finals' before a 'finals series', then the 'Grand Grand Final'

There should be a conference system, but not based on geography, based on position.

For eg. to make the draw fairer you would have all 16 teams play each other once. That gives you 15 rounds. You then go into Origin period and at the back end you have a top 8 conference that play the bottom 8 teams and a bottom 8 conference that then have to play the top 8 teams. It makes the draw fairer in you don't have to double up until you've played all teams at least once. It then rewards the top 8 teams from the previous season by having their doubles against top 8 teams.

If you don't have an Origin period you then have the final 2 round as 'rivalry rounds' where the NRL gets to set up 2 rounds where you play from within your conference to finish the season, one home and one away. This would give lower teams draw card games to finish the season, so they're not dud games and the top teams get to test themselves against the top teams and gear up for finals.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office
Thank you kind sir

It will destroy one of the conferences (going out on a limb here and saying the non-Sydney conference) eventually players will not want to play in the out of Sydney conference because of all the travel etc etc and the best guys will be signed to the Sydney conference over time. It will completely destroy the fabric of the game. It's a terrible, terrible idea.

IF they were going to have 2 conferences, maybe it would work if it was equally distributed like the NFL. Eg NY Jets are AFC, NY Giants are NFC.

Whilst we are on tim Tebow🤣. I only know him for who he is now, but can someone explain his career to me please? I see he was a 2x Heisman winning quarterback, why didn't he make it in the NFL?
No idea, honestly you look at his college career, his NFL highlights, he had everything to light it up like TB of AR. Maybe all that early success went to his head and he never put in the yards after the draft? Both TB and AR went lower than they maybe should have in the draft and it might have given them the push to work harder. Life is sometimes strange.

Stupid idea. In fact, its so stupid you just know PvL will make sure it gets done.

Apart from the new teams I do like the conference system, it will help us not get the most fucked draw consistently.

I don't know how you can have a 'National' anything when 1 of 16-18 teams only plays 7-8 of the teams twice and the other 8-9 zero times. Conferences is dumb.

Expand, cut out the rounds over Origin, everyone plays each other once + 3 more games at true random, then finals, and give the international window a legitimate space. It might mean less footy overall (expansion will make up for some of it), but it'll be better quality. Then, to keep it fair again, reverse the venues the next year. We play NQ in Brisbane this year, we play them up there next year.

20 rounds of 9 games. break for 4 weeks over Origin at round 10, season is still as long as it is now and is much fairer. Sure we lose 20 games a year, but I'm sure there are 20 games every year that no one gives a shit about (every Broncos game hur hur).

Either that or go the other way, don't expand, and everyone plays twice, squads are like 50 players each to spread out over the 30 weeks + finals and there's **** all off-season. Most players will only play 25-30 anyway if managed properly. Salary Cap can go up from a massive increase to any TV Deal to cover the expanded squads. I think most people will get sick of it before the end, no matter how much they love footy. It will result in lower standard though obviously with a lot more fringe players, and that will have a flow-on to the state leagues being worse

Active Now

• Big Del
  • MrMoore
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • porouian
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Broncs1459
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rambstien
  • thenry
  • davidp
  • kiwibronco
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.