VNRL or VRL or whatever its called

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
As long as Sam Burgess remains the sole property of Robert Mugabe I am happy.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
I want to start a league, can someone give me a link and can someone give me a quick run down of how the scoring is done?

Scoring was 4 points per try, 1pt per field goal and 2pts per goal, but you had to nominate a kicker and only your nominated kicker would score goals for your team. There were also forward tries which are worth 4pts an are scored if a player had a certain number of tackles or runs (the number of which may have changed since I stopped playing).

The only other thing you really need to know is that Jeza sucks and Clintos is much less capable at VRL than he is fantasy NFL.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Graverobbers were robbed by Ben Creagh in the 2010 final and will reap revenge on the competition. I am dead serious, this is a grave warning.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
All this talk is tempting me to go back and do this shiz again.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
The Rock said:
Our one in inspired by the Coxy engineering Virtual NRL that ran in 2003-2004. (Best years). The one we have run "manually" has been great for the past 3 years. None of this bullshit where you have the same player and shit. The best virtual games is when you can be a coach of your own team, you COMPETE for players, just like in the real NRL. And none of this bullshit over the top subjective scoring crap where you combined a ridiculous amount of dodgy and highly subjective stats like try assists, line breaks and offloads. You don't need all that to properly reward forwards for their efforts.

We have 3 different forward try criteria which ensure that only the good, useful forwards get rewarded.

If there was a flaw in our comp, the only one would be that halves don't get rewarded enough. However, safe to say that it hasn't had any impact on our comp, not rewarding halves for their try assists is no great deal as it provided some balance and it makes it even MORE competitive because everyone is scrambling for the best forwards and backs. It's tougher.

The most simply but effective Virtual games are the best.

Not playing virtual grand final in round 25 is also a flaw!

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
VNRL was by far the best one of its kind I saw. Don't even really bother with any of the other fantasy NRL ones around tbh.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://myfantasyleague.com.au/

Currently working on this site. When it is up and running it will leave EVERY other comp for dead.

It will feature:
A full draft system
Inter-league trades
Free agent silent auction bidding
Totally customisable scoring systems... dont like try assists? dont use them... want to make offloads worth more? feel free!!
No restrictions on squad positions: why does the nrl.com league MAKE u have 2 hookers?
Versatility: if a player can play more than 1 position, they can play in either of those any week u want

Much much more!

I may need some beta testers within the next few weeks. Stay tuned

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:

Currently working on this site. When it is up and running it will leave EVERY other comp for dead.

It will feature:
A full draft system
Inter-league trades
Totally customisable scoring systems... dont like try assists? dont use them... want to make offloads worth more? feel free!!
No restrictions on squad positions: why does the nrl.com league MAKE u have 2 hookers?
Versatility: if a player can play more than 1 position, they can play in either of those any week u want

Much much more!

Sounds cool man. May I run my league on there? or is it just ur league this yr?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:

It will feature:
A full draft system
Inter-league trades

Much much more!

Out of curiosity, how are you gathering stats?

I think I know what method you'll use, but bear in mind if you do get popular and start taking people away from the Fox and NRL games, then prepare for the same question to come from powers that be. That's what happened to me ;-)

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

It will feature:
A full draft system
Inter-league trades

Much much more!

Sounds cool man. May I run my league on there? or is it just ur league this yr?

Depends how much i can get developed before season start! I will get it up and running for my league only to start with (no admin functions, everything will be done thru the database to get started) but once ive got that up and running i will try and push out public functions

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • Skyblues87
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.