Wallace has to go

we looked a lot better when we were winning too !!...remember early in the season,no-one said boo because we 'looked a lot better'...we were going gangbusters at during the first half of the season,

Earlier in the season, when we were winning........we were winning on the back of our defence. Our attack was still pedestrian like. We weren't coming up with the plays in the oppositions 20-30m mark other than the kick to yow yeahs wing. We were constantly rolling up to the "end zone" throwing raid after raid and still coming up empty.

It's the lack of creativity and vision in our attack that Wallace cops most of his criticisms....... and justifiably so. He is extremely poor in regards to this.

Ben Hunt has added the spark that was sorely missing. Wallace needs to play a secondary role to Hunt and let Hunt call the shots. I think Peter Wallace moving to 5/8 and Hunt to half is still the final stepping stone that needs to be bridged before we can reach our full potential.

Earlier in the season, when we were winning........we were winning on the back of our defence. Our attack was still pedestrian like. We weren't coming up with the plays in the oppositions 20-30m mark other than the kick to yow yeahs wing. We were constantly rolling up to the "end zone" throwing raid after raid and still coming up empty.

why do people keep saying this? at halfway through the season, or even a bit after, we had scored the 3rd most points out of any team in the competition. we had NO problems scoring points. since then though, the points have dried up almost completely.

It's the lack of creativity and vision in our attack that Wallace cops most of his criticisms....... and justifiably so. He is extremely poor in regards to this.

Ben Hunt has added the spark that was sorely missing. Wallace needs to play a secondary role to Hunt and let Hunt call the shots. I think Peter Wallace moving to 5/8 and Hunt to half is still the final stepping stone that needs to be bridged before we can reach our full potential.

I've seen Wallace show good creativity and vision. The problem is that he has become inconsistent, and I don't think that is solely his fault.

Since Norman has gone to FB, things are again changing. We scored good tries against the Dogs and Storm. From now on, it's just a matter of consistency and discipline for the whole 80.

In any event, what's the real difference these days between half and 5/8?

Strange why you'd use Andrew Johns as an example and not someone like Allan Langer......?

p.s Wallace is not a beast. He is a very average halfback ......at best.

I chose Johns because he's arguably the best halfback of all time and everybody seems to believe Wallace is the worst half in the comp and won't be satisfied unless we signed someone ridiculous.

hey old mate.....some might argue that Johns was the best but most of us up this way(and plenty down south) would take Allan Langer in a heartbeat.....

In any event, what's the real difference these days between half and 5/8?

That's a fair enough point.

I just think Wallace gets too much of the ball from dummy half and that Hunt would be better at 1st receiver..........

That's a fair enough point.

I just think Wallace gets too much of the ball from dummy half and that Hunt would be better at 1st receiver..........

I agree.

He's a bit slow and takes too much time to set things up.

With Hunt at halfback (first receiver) he can play off the cuff if he sees an opportunity, or just shovel it out to Wallace (second receiver) who can throw it to Hodges/Reed.

Hunt looks much quicker at halfback and i think that's much better for the team.

Wallace is a little slow at times, tis true. There are times when I cannot believe how long he takes to drop a ball to his toe...clearing kicks especially....that said though , it is about the only thing I can pick on. He certainly has courage and defends well. Hopefully our season is extended...we are not far off.

I get a little tired of the praise for wallace's defence. Yes. It's good. But it's his deficiencies with the ball that are frustrating.

It's like a surgeon who is pretty shit at keeping people alive but he's great at comforting the families of the dead patients

Pretty decent (anal?Oh Gee,Why...?) analogy !!!! Coxy, I just cannot criticize a player without the balance......it's a bit like, he did 37 years of selfless dedicated work for the community and f.arked just one goat, and that's all they remember

I'm sure we would forgive just one goat but Wallace is working his way through the herd.

Pretty decent (anal?Oh Gee,Why...?) analogy !!!! Coxy, I just cannot criticize a player without the balance......it's a bit like, he did 37 years of selfless dedicated work for the community and f.arked just one goat, and that's all they remember

LOL, like that analogy too.

I certainly don't doubt or belittle Wallace's courage and toughness in defence (although that fell away with his attacking form, no doubt related to the hit to his confidence).

Glad Wallace isn't a Kiwi, otherwise this would've turned into a politically incorrect stereotype... :laugh:

Wallace isn't and never will be a brilliant halfback with tons of creative nous in the last 20. He is however a genuine organiser and a very useful player with a damm good short kicking game when he plays to his strenghts. I think Hunt can be the partner to bring out Wallace's best, especially if we have Norman chiming in from the back with his excellent long kicking game.

Glad Wallace isn't a Kiwi, otherwise this would've turned into a politically incorrect stereotype... :laugh:

Wallace isn't and never will be a brilliant halfback with tons of creative nous in the last 20. He is however a genuine organiser and a very useful player with a damm good short kicking game when he plays to his strenghts. I think Hunt can be the partner to bring out Wallace's best, especially if we have Norman chiming in from the back with his excellent long kicking game.

The reason why I think Hunt will work best with Wallace is simple, Lockyer played more like a halfback despite being at second receiver for attacking raids so we replace Locky with an actual halfback. Simple.

My greatest disappointment with Wallace has been his failure to take over the organizing role Lockyer had. As the senior half, it was his job, in large part at least, to take over that role. He has shown he can do it more or less, but it's been far less than more this season. same goes for Macca as well. He hasn't stood up much either.

To expect Norman to have taken the organizing role over was entirely unrealistic, and I think that's a large part of why his game never reached any great heights at 5/8, and Wallace wasn't much help either.

For us to have any chance this season, Wallace, Hunt, and Macca have to keep the game plan together starting tonight.

When Lockyer was playing for us Wallace only had one job. I think it highly unfair to expect him to do 2 jobs at the same time especially when the extra job is full-time and was previously performed by one of the greatest Rugby League talents the world has ever seen.....far far too much to expect as halfback is full-time on its own....

Yeah, but the job he was doing wasn't any different to what Shane Perry was doing...and Shane Perry was on like a 1/4 or a 1/3 of the money Wallace is.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.