Wallace has to go

Wallace is a good tough footballer and I can see him filling in as a utlity role (he played 6,7 and 13 at Penrith) until the end of this year. I'd much rather him in the 17 than Baptiste or Capewell FFS - surely every one agrees on that point?

**** what results are showing in attack. A true show of where a team is at in terms of committment is defence. Wallace never backs away and is rock solid in defence (save for that Barba effort).

Can't anyone see the benefit in 7. Hunt and 14. Wallace?

Whatever happens for the rest of this year, I think Hook has to not be afraid to blood some youth.

Finals 2009 vs. Storm after Wallace was injured in prelims - we shift Lockyer to 7, Carroll (?) to 6 and it goes to shit. Hunt was put in cotton wool.
Finals 2011 vs. Manly after Lockyer was injured - we shift Gillett to 6, and Norman was put in cotton wool. It all goes to shit.

So you shift Hunt to 7, Wallace to 14 and who goes to 5/8? Don't you dare say Norman because he doesn't belong there. Wallace or nobody in the halves.

We'd be better off with Beale at 5/8 than Norman.

So you shift Hunt to 7, Wallace to 14 and who goes to 5/8? Don't you dare say Norman because he doesn't belong there. Wallace or nobody in the halves.

We'd be better off with Beale at 5/8 than Norman.

I guess that's where we differ in opinion

wallace is 6, 7, or out of the team. you dont put a player like him on the bench. that would be as dumb as playing hunt on the bench all year.

so its a possibility probably.

hahahah burns.

i like burns because he puts in and gives it his all, but he is a fairly shit player.

A LU user seems to think Whispers of us being keen on Hodkinson from the Bulldogs. That could see the end of Wallace.

Re: Round 23 - Bulldogs vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

I seriously doubt we went after DCE at all.

+1 ... the broncos' only concern nowadays appears to be keeping every other club in the NRL fat and giggly - either by allowing them to cherry pick our players, or by declaring 'ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER' in other clubs' marquee players when they're off contract ..

....Ok probably a bit over the top but seriously, the club is just SO passive ...

I hope the Hodgkinson shit is just that, shit. Do not like the kent at all.

I hope the Hodgkinson shit is just that, shit. Do not like the kent at all.

Hodgkinson would be a downgrade on Wallace ffs ... so it's probably a LOCK that Brisbane will buy him :glare:

Hodkinson is off contract after the 2013 season, Wallace in 2014.

Yeah, but he's stuck behind Keating (LOL), so maybe he'll want a release. I am against having a halves pairing of Wallace and Hodkinson, but if Wallace leaves then I'm OK with it.

Yeah, but he's stuck behind Keating (LOL), so maybe he'll want a release. I am against having a halves pairing of Wallace and Hodkinson, but if Wallace leaves then I'm OK with it.

You make me sick, friendship = broken.

Guys just to clarify I was joking about boourns!

I too have been a Wallace supporter and don't feel particularly let down by him still. What amazed me though is the condemnation Wallace was getting at the beginning of this thread. Why I was amazed is due to the fact that around that time voting for the DallyM went secret and Wallace was running a good strong fourth !!.....

Brisbanes malaise this year is due more to Norman sustaining an injury which took away some of his options in attack,the intervention of the SOO series and its associated impacts, and a concerted effort by rival coaches to bash the young Norman. The rival coaches had not missed the fact that Brisbane was traveling well and a lot of credit was being given to Norman.

I am not unhappy with Wallace and think the whole team needs to try as hard as he does. We are not far off the mark, only a bees dick away from being considered to be in good form. In this competition the distance between success and failure is very very short.

Yep unless we have Andrew Johns playing halfback for us everything sucks and Wallace is shit. Wallace is a beast.

i was pretty harsh on wallace. he was an easy target - and lets face it, he WAS playing really badly. but he certainly shouldnt have been shouldering the blame.

we've looked alot better now that we have hunt in the halves. i think wallace + hunt can work.

Yep unless we have Andrew Johns playing halfback for us everything sucks and Wallace is shit. Wallace is a beast.

Strange why you'd use Andrew Johns as an example and not someone like Allan Langer......?

p.s Wallace is not a beast. He is a very average halfback ......at best.

we've looked alot better now that we have hunt in the halves. i think wallace + hunt can work.

They need to persist with this combination for the remainder of this year, and then let Hunt have the entire offseason working at the position in preperation for next year.

Of course if we bomb out of the finals (or before) we'll probably see another competition for the number six jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by noisetheory View Post
They need to persist with this combination for the remainder of this year, and then let Hunt have the entire offseason working at the position in preperation for next year.

Of course if we bomb out of the finals (or before) we'll probably see another competition for the number six jersey.

we looked a lot better when we were winning too !!...remember early in the season,no-one said boo because we 'looked a lot better'...we were going gangbusters at during the first half of the season, people do not lose their ability overnight, there are other causes. I don't blame Norman ,Wallace or any other one player. I believe the team failed because a lot of players had problems . Hoffman was bashed senseless,Norman has a dicky groin,Parkers leg took time to heal,Thaiday had injury,Reed with a leg issue,Civo has real problems with his knees and the list goes on. Yes, all clubs have injury but not all clubs have injury and SOO complications. Even Melbourne went off the rails after SOO...the Broncos are mighty because year after year they overcome, more than any other club. No club has the load Brisbane carry..

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.