OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

I will push back. I dont see them signing him and i dont think they are desperate. They probably will start to get desperate if they cant get a few better quality players in this next window. At the moment i think they are pretty calm and level headed about whats going on there for 2023. I'm not seeing why they would be desperate to sign Tesi Niu at all.

Tesi i'm just not seeing signing there now they have Hammer. He's not a center, he's not capable of playing on the wing imo. They have Issako who will basically offer a backup fullback to Hamiso along with Trai Fuller. Unless they are getting Niu for minimum wage, i just cant see why they would even bother with him. Its just lazy journalism imo.
I was writing that with the presumption that the rumour was true. Not that I think it is, but that post is my take on the situation if it were true. It would be a terrible signing for the Dolphins so you’d expect they wouldn’t resort to it.

That being said, the Dolphins are in a position where they have considered and signed players that they wouldn’t if they had a choice - that’s the desperation. Everything outside of their forward pack is a mess. They are desperate and it’s not their fault. They’ve handled the desperation well considering the position the NRL has put them in.

I will push back. I dont see them signing him and i dont think they are desperate. They probably will start to get desperate if they cant get a few better quality players in this next window. At the moment i think they are pretty calm and level headed about whats going on there for 2023. I'm not seeing why they would be desperate to sign Tesi Niu at all.

Tesi i'm just not seeing signing there now they have Hammer. He's not a center, he's not capable of playing on the wing imo. They have Issako who will basically offer a backup fullback to Hamiso along with Trai Fuller. Unless they are getting Niu for minimum wage, i just cant see why they would even bother with him. Its just lazy journalism imo.
Not sure about "lazy journalism" or anything about the Dolphins being "desperate." It is slightly ambiguous and uncertain, though.

The lone source for this rumour is this one sentence in Rothfield's weekly "Saint, Sinner, Shoosh" column in the Daily Telegraph.

"The Dolphins are edging closer to finding a fullback for next year in Broncos and Tongan star Tesi Niu."

You could read that in a number of ways, but if you're influenced by the headline - which most likely wasn't supplied by Rothwell, but added by a sub-editor - you might assume he's already signed:

YOUNG BRONCO BOUND FOR DOLPHINS

But that's not exactly what Rothfield has said. But it might be what he meant. **** knows.

This is definitely one of those cautiously optimistic rumours.

Could someone summarize this article?

It's an interview with Simon Scanlan. The rest is padding:

I was writing that with the presumption that the rumour was true. Not that I think it is, but that post is my take on the situation if it were true. It would be a terrible signing for the Dolphins so you’d expect they wouldn’t resort to it.

That being said, the Dolphins are in a position where they have considered and signed players that they wouldn’t if they had a choice - that’s the desperation. Everything outside of their forward pack is a mess. They are desperate and it’s not their fault. They’ve handled the desperation well considering the position the NRL has put them in.

I still dont think its been desperation tbh. They have done what they could with a limited time frame and not that much talent off contract. Where they have failed is trying to get top players from successful clubs, but i think there are more options for them for 2024, thats always been when i thought they would do better.

They dont have much x factor aside from Hamiso in their backline, but with E.Lee, Aitken, B.Lee, Te Whare, Isaako, Jennings, Gildart and Lemuelu i think they have reasonably solid backline options but nothing spectactular.

It's an interview with Simon Scanlan. The rest is padding:

Cheers!

Incredible how critical some fans on here have been of Tesi Niu.

A few things went on behind the scenes for him last year, things that would be enough to bring any man down. I just think a few of you are being a bit too harsh.

I also agree with this idea that Reece Walsh has to earn the jumper, he has to earn the respect back too of the fans. Leaving the club when we were probably at our lowest and then coming on back when we're obviously on the up, he's got to work hard and earn his spot.

I still dont think its been desperation tbh. They have done what they could with a limited time frame and not that much talent off contract. Where they have failed is trying to get top players from successful clubs, but i think there are more options for them for 2024, thats always been when i thought they would do better.

They dont have much x factor aside from Hamiso in their backline, but with E.Lee, Aitken, B.Lee, Te Whare, Isaako, Jennings, Gildart and Lemuelu i think they have reasonably solid backline options but nothing spectactular.

Which top players are available in 2024?

I also agree with this idea that Reece Walsh has to earn the jumper, he has to earn the respect back too of the fans. Leaving the club when we were probably at our lowest and then coming on back when we're obviously on the up, he's got to work hard and earn his spot.

It's just PR. He will say and do the right things but the jersey will be his, as it should be.

It's just PR. He will say and do the right things but the jersey will be his, as it should be.

You don't think any of the group are feeling slightly disgruntled that he took off when it was easy to take off and he's coming back when it's easy to come back?

Incredible how critical some fans on here have been of Tesi Niu.

A few things went on behind the scenes for him last year, things that would be enough to bring any man down. I just think a few of you are being a bit too harsh.
It wasn’t just last year. It was the year before, it was his Q Cup, it was his World Cup performances. I’ve never seen anything from him to suggest he’s an NRL player.

It sucks and I’m sorry for his personal life but from a purely performance based perspective he doesn’t cut it.

How's Niu gone in the WC? Haven't seen a single game.

That backline actually has heaps of X factor... it's just missing every other letter. Isaako, hammer, edrick Lee, milford, and it's looking like te whare can all have game breaking/out of nowhere moments, they just lose you 3 or 4 times as many games through absolute stupidity (bar maybe hammer but not far off). Niu is the same. The thing that mayhelp them is Bennett's strength is getting players to do the basics well.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Wild Horse
  • Astro
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Behold
  • BooKhaki
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Allo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.