OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

No mention of Selwyn here.

Simon Scanlan:

“The thing we’ve made clear is Reece isn’t guaranteed anything. We have Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth wanting to play fullback as well so it will be a shootout for that No.1 jumper in the pre-season. Reece has to come in and fight for the jumper. No-one at the club has been told they are locked in as the No.1 fullback. Reece is one of the guys in the mix. Reece has to earn his position at the club. He has to earn the right to be our fullback. He doesn’t just walk into the club and take a position in the starting 13 as No.1."​
"Reece is at the start of his Broncos career and we’ve got some guys who have worked really hard through some difficult times for our club. Guys like Tesi and Herbie have worked hard to help make the Broncos competitive again. Reece has to earn the respect of the group, he has to earn the right to put the fullback jersey on and work hard to fit within the team and play his role.”​
“It was extremely disappointing to lose Reece, especially when he was part of our succession plan at fullback. Reece was coming through our program the whole time and to lose him, just as he was about to play NRL, was extremely disappointing. Reece felt he was able to get a better opportunity with the Warriors, but I’ve always been close to Reece and I was really pleased to be able to get him back. Reece came into our program at 14 and straight away he stood out as a great talent. He is just a natural footy player. He has good speed, good vision and great skill. I’ve always found Reece to be a friendly, enthusiastic and polite young man. He brings a lot of energy which is great. The good thing with Reece is he is open to feedback — and strong feedback — to improve himself and I know he is dedicated to succeed.”​
Herbie at 1 Reece at 6 and Mam in the 14 I think could work well.
Herbie would be in the same mould as Edwards and Manu, Reece plays both sides at 6 and Mam comes on and give him free roam to pop up wherever.
As always 9 is our problem for this to work we need someone who can punch out atleast 70 mins there.

Which top players are available in 2024?

I'd say players they would be interedted in would be Fifita, Nanai, Sivo Farnworth, Moses, Brown, Penisini, Critchon, To'o, NAS, Pryce, Mitchell, Cook, Radley, Walker, Robson, Doueihi and Hastings i think would all be good quality players they will be interested in. They obviously wont be getting many of them, but at least this time they arent starting from a position where they didnt even know if they were going to be in the competition.

I'd say players they would be interedted in would be Fifita, Nanai, Sivo Farnworth, Moses, Brown, Penisini, Critchon, To'o, NAS, Pryce, Mitchell, Cook, Radley, Walker, Robson, Doueihi and Hastings i think would all be good quality players they will be interested in. They obviously wont be getting many of them, but at least this time they arent starting from a position where they didnt even know if they were going to be in the competition.

Now though they are coming from a position of having no idea about the salary cap. I feel for The.

They might get one or two of those but probably not the spine players, and still not anyone with the marketability of a Ponga or Munster. Maybe how they go next year will help determine which big name players they can land.

They might get one or two of those but probably not the spine players, and still not anyone with the marketability of a Ponga or Munster. Maybe how they go next year will help determine which big name players they can land.
Brown and Hastings are realistic I think.

How's Niu gone in the WC? Haven't seen a single game.
He was horrific in the trial Tonga played. One of the worst performances you’ll see. Didn’t get picked game 1. Mixed bag game 2 but got hooked at 65 minutes. Was pretty good game 3 but they won by like 90 points and he still had really poor moments. Got dropped for Hoppa in today’s QF.

Bennett is building a killer backline there:

Milford, Nikorima, Isaako, O'Sullivan, Niu.
I can't believe he didn't even bother to look in the Super league, like Imagine actually picking Milford when he could of went and got Welsby, that kid will be in NRL soon at some point but instead he went with old (un)faithful.

I can't believe he didn't even bother to look in the Super league, like Imagine actually picking Milford when he could of went and got Welsby, that kid will be in NRL soon at some point but instead he went with old (un)faithful.
They’ll hardly concede a point with that line-up…

I thought Cobbs looked trimmed down too.

Walters:

“Reece and I have had a really good chat and he understands what it’s like at the Broncos. He came through the Academy system here and was with the senior group for a short period. He knows the Broncos are a big club. There’s no expectation on Reece apart from him to be the player we all know he can be. He’s got a lot of maturing to do, he’s still only 20. He has a lot to learn about the game but has good skills and a really good character to develop into a really good fullback."​
“We’ve only been here a couple of days but he’s very energetic. He’s a noisy young fella and you need to be in those positions. His heart and head is here, which is good signs for us. We’re not expecting miracles from Reece, we just want him to continue to develop as a player.”​

Madden:

“You saw what Reece did the last couple of years for the Warriors. He is young as well. What he did on the field … he is quite a freak. To be able to play with him will be quite cool. He is fast, skilful and just a natural footballer. If you get the ball in his hands he is very dangerous. He can definitely be a weapon. He is a very dangerous player. Put him in a side with Kotoni Staggs and Selwyn and let him do his stuff.”​

So would you say this was a deliberate catalyst for an agenda-setting storyline that Badel can add to as the season progresses?

It's pretty far-sighted for a journo is it not?

Kevin reveals his secret coaching weapon, and presumes Tesi will be hanging around:

“Darius is going to be very good for Reece with his positional play and his all-round work as a fullback. We are looking forward to getting those two working hard and closely together ahead of next year. Darius builds a great relationship with the players which is going to be a positive for Reece. He brings a real calmness to his teaching and doesn’t mince words either because he has been there and done it at the highest level.”​
“Reece has slotted straight back in like he never left and has a big smile on his face because he is enjoying what he is doing. For a younger player he brings a lot of intelligence to the fullback role. He’s a good communicator and a very confident young person which you need to play there."​
“We have bought Reece to challenge for the fullback position with Tesi Niu. Herbie Farnworth is going to put his hand up there as well. We have also got Selwyn Cobbo who can play there. We will give Reece some opportunities at fullback in the pre-season and the trials."​
"No doubt Reece and Tesi are the front-runners.”​

Kevin reveals his secret coaching weapon, and presumes Tesi will be hanging around:

“Darius is going to be very good for Reece with his positional play and his all-round work as a fullback. We are looking forward to getting those two working hard and closely together ahead of next year. Darius builds a great relationship with the players which is going to be a positive for Reece. He brings a real calmness to his teaching and doesn’t mince words either because he has been there and done it at the highest level.”​
“Reece has slotted straight back in like he never left and has a big smile on his face because he is enjoying what he is doing. For a younger player he brings a lot of intelligence to the fullback role. He’s a good communicator and a very confident young person which you need to play there."​
“We have bought Reece to challenge for the fullback position with Tesi Niu. Herbie Farnworth is going to put his hand up there as well. We have also got Selwyn Cobbo who can play there. We will give Reece some opportunities at fullback in the pre-season and the trials."​
"No doubt Reece and Tesi are the front-runners.”​

No way !
Tesi shouldn`t even be in the top 30 according to the gurus on this board .

I am optimistic if he can get through WC and pre season fit and ready he will be valuable to the Broncos . He has attributes not many players have .

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.