OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Walsh won't get picked bcos of loyalty... but Oates won't get picked bcos of..... dearden will get picked over mam bcos of loyalty too. Flegler will start getting picked regulalrly for a spot he's deserved for years once he goes to the dolphins. Carrigan will go back to the bench bcos ummm impact/best for team

I love origin, but I'm over it big time the last few years. Storm players run it and you'd have to be an absolute fool to think they haven't spent their whole careers despising the broncos, and an even bigger fool to think it doesn't have an impact on who they pick. Subconsciously or consciously, take your pick..

How do you see this playing out?

2/3 Queensland selectors are former Broncos' captains and Miles is Oates father in law but I am just interested how it would work.

Slater- I hate Oates.
Miles- Me too I hope my daughter leaves him let's not pick him.
Slater- Good idea Gene.
Lockyer- I won't pick any Broncos I hate all of them.

Ponga's career is on a knifes edge at the moment. These concussions keep on happening and the NRL will just pull the plug and give Newcastle their cap space back (and probably a bit extra). Walsh is the undisputed favorite to replace him after friday night.

Walsh was outstanding for Queensland U18 in 2019 coming off the bench- backing up the inside like Friday night scores and game over.

He has great impact value.

By the end of the season he was Australian fullback and Hammer was in the centres not fullback anymore.

How do you see this playing out?

2/3 Queensland selectors are former Broncos' captains and Miles is Oates father in law but I am just interested how it would work.

Slater- I hate Oates.
Miles- Me too I hope my daughter leaves him let's not pick him.
Slater- Good idea Gene.
Lockyer- I won't pick any Broncos I hate all of them.
Come on now. Have you ever had an adult conversation? Do they go like that? If I don't like someone at work I simply highlight their flaws rather then promote their strengths, I don't say I hate them.

Slater will het who he wants, just like Walters did, and every head coach in the history of origin. Yes the selectors will get a massive say but if a coach would prefer to coach someone else there's no way the panel is winning out. The selectors will get a few picks if the coach doesn't have any problem with the picks. It'd quite obviously be a negotiation with the coach holding all the cards... you know, like adults have?

Come on now. Have you ever had an adult conversation? Do they go like that? If I don't like someone at work I simply highlight their flaws rather then promote their strengths, I don't say I hate them.

Slater will het who he wants, just like Walters did, and every head coach in the history of origin. Yes the selectors will get a massive say but if a coach would prefer to coach someone else there's no way the panel is winning out. The selectors will get a few picks if the coach doesn't have any problem with the picks. It'd quite obviously be a negotiation with the coach holding all the cards... you know, like adults have?

I see, so mind control.

Billy is a Jedi.

When Oates didn't play Origin from 19-22 how did this work?

I also like that he can be a real annoying turd **** on the field. We've missed that since Hodgo retired. Gamble was alright, but he was a bit-part player.

He was giving it to the Cowboys whenever they made an error or gave away a penalty, with that beautiful big shit-eating grin of his.

The kind of thing you fucking hate to see from the opposition, but you love it when it's someone on your team dishing it out.

He's got fire in the belly.
Total pest

@ningnangnong
Untitled 1

I see, so mind control.

Billy is a Jedi.

When Oates didn't play Origin from 19-22 how did this work?
Perfect example of an adult conversation. Although given you literally reference yourself I should have expected this.

Come on now. Are you seriously implying that the qld maroons don't have a massively strong anti broncos stench to it these days? Oates is just an example of dozens of "close" call selections over the years. When is the last time broncos had a bolter, left field or lucky selection, because I can name about 10 from the storm, titans and cowboys over the past 3 or 4 years. Gilbert, hammer, Coates over Oates, nanai, feldt, molo ffs, Phillip sami, brenko lee, dearden, the list goes on. Regardless how they went on to perform, they were all very, very debatable. Broncos players seemed to need to produce career best form the weeks leading into origin or consistent top level form for years yet these other guys have 1 or 2 good games that year, or have "something about them that says origin" haha

I can't agree at all with the anti-Broncos agenda, especially when the likes of Coates and Cobbo were rushed into the team.

Yeah we just sucked for a few years, no one was worthy.

This year though, if we keep up the early season form, all of Carrigan, Walsh, Mam, Cobbo, Oates, Capewell, Haas and Flegler will be in / around the Qld side.

Tell you what, some of you blokes love a conspiracy theory.
Yeah, this one I'm not touching. 3 games a year isn't enough to worry about player selection bias. Broncos general form wasn't good enough and the selections have been right enough. Besides, I prefer Broncos not to play Origin because it derails our season most times. Ideally selection for the origin camp and not playing so they get experience but still play for the Broncos and don't risk injury.

Yeah we just sucked for a few years, no one was worthy.

This year though, if we keep up the early season form, all of Carrigan, Walsh, Mam, Cobbo, Oates, Capewell, Haas and Flegler will be in / around the Qld side.
I can't say that there isn't apart of me that hopes there is a bias (I don't think there is one though) againts our players because we all know how detrimental it is for our season as our young guys are still coming to terms with playing 27 weeks constantly let alone adding the intensity of Origin. Look what it did to us last year. I know the counter argument is that they become better players from the experience and what they learn but the more players that we have play the more it will impact our season. I think Walsh and Mann needs a few more years of first grade to become accustomed to a long season before they are selected. I really hope Kevvie has a good plan to rest our origin players and sacrifice some games if we have to, to make sure we don't have an end of season slump again.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.