NEWS Walters does not name his halves

Only league journalists I pay any attention to with respect are Chris Garry and Brent Read. Anyone is usually just rubbish.
Those 2 stay away from using click bait headlines too.

Dearden is either leaving, or in Trouble for going to NQ. Either option, I’m glad he’s been sat down. its about time we start putting these KIDS in their place.
This is what the club must do. You can either stay for the money offered or walk. We have followed the same trajectory as Newcastle post Waynes BS roster management. Pies and the club elevated all these kids and I would argue non of them have proven anything. Some got a chance to soon, Tom included. He is only playing regular grade because he is in the lowest of low club, a spoon club. Any top tier team would possibly give him a chance, but it would be with an axe held over his head. The Roosters and Storm both show they are willing to drop their "star" young halves on a dime if required. Tom has not shown me that he is worth anything over whatever he is on currently. He is 18 or 19 and playing grade, contrast him to JT at his age coming of the bench and winning a GF at the age of 20-21. He had earned his contract with NQ and his starting spot. Tom at a well run club should be in and out of the starting side dependent on form and attitude. So I am glad this is the direction that Kev looks to be going with instead of the Pies "this is what I have to work with excuses".

We are exactly where the Knights were back in 2015-2017 getting held to ransom by guys like Nathan Ross, Momo, Rochow ect. Guys that were either trying to get more out of the club or wanted to take bigger deals that were being talked up in the media. Just like the Knights then, we have guys playing that never earned the right to anything and will have to let them go and make plays at other more veteran players. Becuase the club needs a new direction, our development pathway style of recruitment has led to our demise. We coach them, we blood them and other clubs nab them once matured. The balance is wrong and has been since the Hunt era players all got promoted. I honestly think it starts with letting these guys walk, set a hard number and let the other clubs over spend on potential, and we spend the money wisely someplace else. Start by raiding other clubs ourselfs, showing our under 20s that your place at the Broncos is not guaranteed but earned. It is why I think the Roosters are always apparently in talks with players, they are in the talks to show current players they are not the only option, take the offer if you want to be here or be replaced. The Broncos are very rarely in the player market conversation and it just make zero sense as we need players that want to be a Bronco and that should be that.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Professor47
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.