NEWS Walters names his halves

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
HScreenshot 2021 02 28 Revealed Kevvie selects Broncos Rnd 1 halves

Kevin Walters has seen enough to pick his halves for round one:

“I thought Tom was very good in the first half. In the second half, all of our players fell away from the roles they need to be doing. It’s all learning from them, Tom is still a young fella but I did like what I saw from him in the opening 40 minutes. I am very confident Milf will be right to go for round one. He will be a welcome addition to the team as well.”

“The first 40 minutes was a positive, our defence was very good and we got through our sets. We didn’t have a bad player in the first 40 minutes. Myself and the coaching staff have great confidence in this group and we understand the players we have in our group. We just need our 40 minutes to extend to 80 minutes and we will be a very good side.”

So that's 6 & 7 sorted, what about the rest?

“I have a fair idea of who will be there for round one. I didn‘t say much to the guys after the game. I like to have a good look at the game and gather my thoughts. I like to keep my emotions in check.”

Meanwhile, Tom Flegler left the field with a right shoulder injury and will undergo scans. This comes on top of a reconstruction six months ago. Any damage to his surgically repaired shoulder ligaments so soon after surgery and in his first game back would bring risk of instability and damage to his shoulder joint, which could result in the need for further surgery. However, it might be just sore with minimal damage.

McHunt

Last edited:
That seems a misleading headline you've got there bro.

The actual article says it is Dearden and Milford, I’m not sure what value the OP thinks is bought by not actually giving the details of the article.

The actual article says it is Dearden and Milford, I’m not sure what value the OP thinks is bought by not actually giving the details of the article.

That's where I'm confused because from what I can see Kevvie hasn't said it (though I could be wrong), it seems to be an inference from the article writer and I have little trust for journalists speaking truth in the NRL and not embellishing a lot..

Last edited:
Totally agree. Paix has just totally stagnated, possibly even regressed from a very low bar already.
He put a big hit on someone from recollection, but that's about all I recall.

That's where I'm confused because from what I can see Kevvie hasn't said it (though I could be wrong), it seems to be an inference from the article writer and I have little trust for journalists speaking truth in the NRL and not embellishing a lot..
Dude, you know I can't quote journalists otherwise it all gets deleted. Them's the rules. You're breaking my balls here.

It's kind of a non-story. Kevvie is just saying Milford will be back. Of course, Dearden will be halfback. Nothing else to see.

Last edited:
Dude, you know I can't quote journalists otherwise it all gets deleted. Them's the rules. You're breaking my balls here.

Yeah so the journalist said it right, not Kevvie? That is fairly straight-forward to answer isn't it?

Yeah so the journalist said it right, not Kevvie? That is fairly straight-forward to answer isn't it?
Kevvie said he was impressed by Dearden and Milford will be ready for round one which will be a boost for us.

Kevvie said he was impressed by Dearden and Milford will be ready for round one which will be a boost for us.

I understand that but this is an inference, not a statement of fact.

Look, it is being pedantic but this is the kind of thing that annoys me about journalism. I am sure it will be Dearden and Milford but as far as I can tell, Kevvie has NOT actually said this.

"I am very confident Milf will be right to go for round one."
No 6.

"He (Milford) will be a welcome addition to the team as well.”

"As well" as Tom Dearden. No 7.

HScreenshot 2021 02 28 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

There's not a lot there to interpret.

Last edited:
I understand that but this is an inference, not a statement of fact.

Look, it is being pedantic but this is the kind of thing that annoys me about journalism. I am sure it will be Dearden and Milford but as far as I can tell, Kevvie has NOT actually said this.
Yeah I know I didn’t say Kevvie said that, I said the article did. Kevvie said the things I posted earlier and the journalist has inferred.

"I am very confident Milf will be right to go for round one."
No 6.

"He (Milford) will be a welcome addition to the team as well.”

"As well" as Tom Dearden. No 7.

It seems like the journalist has asked him what he thought of Dearden and then followed up with a question about Milford so he can get this exact headline.

It seems like the journalist has asked him what he thought of Dearden and then followed up with a question about Milford so he can get this exact headline.
Not sure where the byte came from but the news is he thinks Milford will be back for round one to partner Dearden. Shouldn't be a surprise. Bigger question is who's on the bench: Croft, Paix, Luke or someone else. You would think Croft after the trial, but maybe he doesn't see him at dummy half.

Also fullback. Sure as **** it's Isaako, but he doesn't deserve it.

Last edited:

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.