NEWS Walters names his halves

Not sure where the byte came from but the news is he thinks Milford will be back for round one to partner Dearden. Shouldn't be a surprise. Bigger question is who's on the bench: Croft, Paix, Luke or someone else. You would think Croft after the trial, but maybe he doesn't see him at dummy half.

Also fullback. Sure as **** it's Isaako, but he doesn't deserve it.

Half the side don't deserve to be there to be fair.

Not sure where the byte came from but the news is he thinks Milford will be back for round one to partner Dearden. Shouldn't be a surprise. Bigger question is who's on the bench: Croft, Paix, Luke or someone else. You would think Croft after the trial, but maybe he doesn't see him at dummy half.

Also fullback. Sure as **** it's Isaako, but he doesn't deserve it.
Turpin has to play 80. 4 bench forwards until Walsh earns the 14 and can play a roaming role.

He has to learn sometime. We are a mess when he’s off.

I think he should be 60-70 minute player. Maybe Croft can take the 14. Spot and give turpin a break.

I don’t know... we are such a mess, you’re right.

Yep Croft in the 14 and if a half goes down we got cover .
I agree Paix needs more time in Qcup and perhaps Croft can inject a fresh set of legs running from dummy half as he is supposed to have a better running than kicking game. Apart from Paix's huge tackle on JT13 I think he' has not shown enough to warrant the 14 spot. Someone else said Oates to the wing or Qcup as well, I totally agree. For what we're paying him he should be a leader out there and he's not even an apprentice 2nd rower. Waste of cap space trying to develop him I think. He has not shown anything either.

Totally agree. Paix has just totally stagnated, possibly even regressed from a very low bar already.
But he’s a ‘Cooper Cronk clone’ according to the Courier Mail 🤦‍♂️ #NoPressure

Last edited:
Player tackle and run stats are up now. No replacement times or minutes played, which would've been helpful.

Last edited:
Player tackle and run stats are up now. No replacement times or minutes played, which would've been helpful.

All very similar , strange we didn't use our full 8 interchanges. Few extra missed tackles and some ass'y tries.

I don’t really think Croft is the answer either. Lucky Smith is coming.
I heard grant has gone down so that might put a finger through the "Cam has played his last game for melbourne" statement but who knows?
They still have Brandon who is not bad for a back up

Metres gained is still our biggest issue.

Turpin has to play 80. 4 bench forwards until Walsh earns the 14 and can play a roaming role.
How on Earth could Walsh playing cameo minutes in a 'roving role' off our Bench be better for his development that 80 minutes at Fullback in Queensland Cup every week?

Unless we're demoting Isaako and Walsh is replacing him then he shouldn't be anywhere near our NRL team.

How on Earth could Walsh playing cameo minutes in a 'roving role' off our Bench be better for his development that 80 minutes at Fullback in Queensland Cup every week?

Unless we're demoting Isaako and Walsh is replacing him then he shouldn't be anywhere near our NRL team.
It’s assuming he’s had a good first half to the season in Q cup. It’s not an unusual progression, that’s how Barba, Papenhuyzen, and Milford all were introduced to first grade.

It’s assuming he’s had a good first half to the season in Q cup. It’s not an unusual progression, that’s how Barba, Papenhuyzen, and Milford all were introduced to first grade.

FWIW, Karmichael Hunt was picked on the bench first game at 17, straight out of high school, and only started at fullback because Moty Tony got injured.

As much as I despise him, he'd do a better job than Paix at this stage.
Paix and Croft would be better playing bigger minutes in QCUP. Walsh for the 14 in my view. K Hunt would be a useful signing at fullback but depends on how he is going in his personal life

Last edited:
Paix and Croft would be better playing bigger minutes in QCUP. Walsh for the 14 in my view. K Hunt would be a useful signing at fullback but depends on how he is going in his personal life
I'm curious as to how the logic that says Paix needs minutes in Queeensland Cup isn't also the same logic that's applicable to Walsh?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.