NEWS Walters really happy with this week's preparation

Coach Kevvie Walters shakes it off:

“There’s been no mixed messaging from me personally. Matt Lodge has been one of those players that’s been looking at other clubs for some time. It was a matter of when Matt found the right opportunity to exit the club. That has been close at different times throughout the season. The timing was unfortunate."

“My job here is to coach the side. I’m fortunate now to be able to coach the side and give my 100 per cent capacity to the team. We’ve got great staff here now assisting with the management of the roster. It’s been taken off me which is great. There may be some other changes around the roster but that won’t have anything to do with me personally. My job is to coach this team and that’s what I’ll be doing over the next nine weeks.”

“When I was first employed by the club my job was to come in and put my stamp on the way I see the Broncos running and functioning. That takes time to deliver. We’re still not there yet. There has been some change to the playing roster and I believe there will be more change before we get to next season. Hopefully I can focus on what I do. I’m paid to be the coach here at the Broncos."

5e95e86124d53970c2d6fc8d

Prepared

“All the other stuff around the team can be handled by other staff that aren’t directly involved in the hands-on coaching of the side."

“We’ve powered through the week – I’m really happy with the preparation we’ve got into the guys since last Sunday. There’s been a gradual progression throughout the week of getting our game right. We’ve put a lot of work in."

“Our defence has got to be much better, that’s something we continue to work on. We’ve come up against some really classy opposition in the last month and the NRL is difficult. There is a challenge for us against this Cronulla side that can score some points. It’s a great opportunity for guys coming back into the side. I’m looking forward to seeing us put in a strong defensive performance.”

McHunt

Everyone see Wayne Bennett's little outburst today?
What an absolute fuckwit. Honestly, what a little tantrum and soon he had. You hate Ben ikin so you bag the club out, you cheated on your fucking wife, of course him and your daughter hate you. Absolutely sick of the old prick. He needs to get over it. He hasn't won a premiership since 2010 and has left EVERY SINGLE CLUB A FUCKING MESS.
Every single person in rugby league knows the blowouts are due to the 6 again rule. YOUR TEAM HAS HAD THEM DONE TO YOU YOU OLD FLOG!

What an absolute fuckwit. Honestly, what a little tantrum and soon he had. You hate Ben ikin so you bag the club out, you cheated on your fucking wife, of course him and your daughter hate you. Absolutely sick of the old prick. He needs to get over it. He hasn't won a premiership since 2010 and has left EVERY SINGLE CLUB A FUCKING MESS.
Every single person in rugby league knows the blowouts are due to the 6 again rule. YOUR TEAM HAS HAD THEM DONE TO YOU YOU OLD FLOG!
What?

Hundred percent agree with you. The guy is a self entitled ****. Nothing good about the bloke these days

Yeah exactly right, the last three clubs he ran have all been a mess once he exits. A: He does draw talent, they play on unders or close to it to be coached by him. B: He pulls in older players in an attempt to force a premiership C: He forms tight grips/relationships with players that makes them feel they can only play for him D: He wants and demands total control, areas don't function well post because they don't know their jobs.

A, B and C all result in salary cap issues once he is gone, if you want to keep the players you pay more, if you already signed them on longer contracts some of them may become over the hill at any moment. If he leaves some of them will act out wanting to move on and A:follow Wayne or B: Get their true $ worth.
D: So many yes men are left in key roles and none of them know their actual jobs.

The six again is a blight on the game, all that was needed was to actually use the advantage rule that has been in the game for over a hundred years. A player holds down, you call advantage maybe even give them that single tackle as a mulligan say "Advantage it's still tackle three" not hard, if the attacking team don't make it more then 10 m within two tackles or make a mistake you play the penalty. Even give them the free play like they do in super league which allows them to take a chance with little risk, such as a chip and chase or globetrotting passing. Right now you can get six again and drop it on the first and you get absolutely no advantage, that makes no sense at all.
Every rule change has been made in favor of the attack and they wonder why there are all these blowouts and even in the crown game being SOO, it sucks and they better wake up. Give the attack an advantage but don't give them the whole cake.

Today's game was good because it lacked the stupid six agains and if they were called it was on tackle one, which makes no real difference. These brown nosing journalist are so afraid of Vlandys that they can't speak the truth, everyone wants the wrestle out of the game, but nobody asked for these six agains that are just glossed over and appear to be strangely dished out, it reeks and often appears as borderline match fixing as there is no accountability. It's give and forget because of how fast the game is, nobody gets a replay to say "how now that's a bad call".

Wayne or any other coach should not be anywhere near a match/rule committee but they are. How can you allow current coaches to influence rules that could benefit the outcome of games, rules that could cater to their teams strengths. Unbelievable and corrupt, this old flog is just bitter his son in law took the job he thinks he is entitled to have, instead of talking about other clubs moving players (what about Roberts) he should look at his own actions in the game and answer the questions because he helped come up with these current rules.

Sorry for the long winded one fellas.

Petey B trying to win back BHQ by throwing some shade on Seibs

I mean it's an easy target to win some favour, but also **** you Peter

Hands up who would actually like for him to reveal himself.... would genuinely like to converse with the bloke... call it morbid curiousity....

I think what all this means is that nobody was doing anything but him before DD because none of those blokes could be bothered ad they were just care taking and not prepared to put their necks out.

So Kev was alone and overburdened. DD and now Ikin are here, Kev and them likely discussed the issues and it was decided Kev needed to just focus on training these halfwits, because with Kev unable to focus on them they can't be professional.

I have faith in this option to be honest especially in a team struggling with form, Kev is no longer the bad guy in regards to player retention, he can train them and develop relationships that he doesn't have to then disrupt by bringing them into the office and telling them their not wanted. Ikin can do that after him and Kev talk it out.

I would still bet that Kev is involved in player discussions as he will need guys that he is interested in coaching. Ikin has a brain, everyone he has ever mentioned being worth chasing has been talked about on here and everyone he said should be gone has also been discussed. Looking forward to the outcomes of all that is happening.
I agree, and I have never been so happy to be proven wrong. KW did an excellent job. Im actually starting to get excited.

Active Now

• Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.