NEWS Walters: roster is pretty much sorted

With our pack, I'm looking forward to a good forward rotation without tactical fullback and winger substitutions. Just share the load as best we can to keep them all as fresh as possible. 1 sub for hooker/utility as required, the rest for the forward pack. Surely it's not as difficult as Seibold made it appear.

Watching forwards barely able to get onside while a winger who has made 2 tackles is replaced, that was hard to watch.

*DOBBO WARNING*
Reckons Macca will be starting 9 and also captain.
C'mon Kev, don't do it to us. We have suffered enough already. Surely Macca has to be gone at seasons end anyway, so why have the C next to his name for 12 months?
I'd rather Glenn just hold onto it if we aren't going to go with someone like Carrigan.

Last edited:
*DOBBO WARNING*
C'mon Kev, don't do it to us. We have suffered enough already. Surely Macca has to be gone at seasons end anyway, so why have the C next to his name for 12 months?
I'd rather Glenn just hold onto it if we aren't going to go with someone like Carrigan.

Macca as captain for 12 months wouldn't be the worst honestly. At least we know he tries his guts out every game and is intelligent.

It's possible he doesn't think any of the other guys are up to it yet - Or maybe there's someone coming in 2022 who he wants to make captain :)

Many forget we came out of the gates beating two sides who would normally beat us before COVID. I don't know what happened to the training during covid but we where way off the pace in the return. A lot of negative media, and key injuries to players. Even in a few games we were ahead for 65min of the games, only to fall short.

If Kevvie can build some confidence in our Leaders who are flat, and resilience in our younger guys then we can push more teams than many would expect. Our defence was absolutely terrible last season. We have a semi decent roster I feel.

Isaako needs to be given confidence, allowed some time at flb to mature, he was earmakred for FLB last season before being stripped and told Bird would get it, then what do you know Bird injured and ohh your back at 1 mate! Then his issues with his personal life surely havent helped. I would love to see him focus more on hard returns like Hunt/RTS vs a more ball playing flb, Leave that to Milford who needs to roam, and lift this season.

Our forward pack 100% and fit can match if not better any, Haas (was over worked and tired), Carrigan more of a prop but carried the team last year, Pangai could be so damaging if his head is directed, (would love to see him in short stints and rotating through Edge, Glens edge). Lodge/Flegler one either starts or both come from the bench. The asiata brings more in attack for us.

Ricki showed potential and needs to be developed on that right edge with Dearden inside.

Our backs are concerning but if Staggs and Coates are kept it is a start. Copley bring experience, along with Meed. And Farnbsworth is all heart.

I feel we can shock a number of sides this year.

We were kinda lucky in those games though and the cowboys didn’t do great. The rule change hurt us definitely. We didn’t adjust to it at all.

*DOBBO WARNING*

Jesus fucking christ, say it isn't so

*DOBBO WARNING*

Can't see it. Maybe a co-captain? I can't see Walters playing him for the full 80.

Why? Simply because he is the "senior" player? **** that....we need to move forward, not rely on an average never was.

I hope McCullough is nowhere near the 17 tbh......
Nah, because he’s reliable, experienced and consistent. Yeah he’s boring and slow but so is Jake Friend and the roosters are doing alright.

*DOBBO WARNING*
Hopefully Dobbo is being his usual fuckhead self and has got this wrong.......

If not.......sigh
No Thanks Ffs GIF by MTV Ex On The Beach

Nah, because he’s reliable, experienced and consistent. Yeah he’s boring and slow but so is Jake Friend and the roosters are doing alright.
Its a backward step though yeah.......? You can agree to that.....?

Its a backward step though yeah.......? You can agree to that.....?
That’s one way to look at it. But when your looking over the edge of a cliff, maybe a step backwards is the right move.

The team without Macca was completely heartless and lazy and ineffective in defence. For all of Maccas faults, he can never be accused of any of the above.

That’s one way to look at it. But when your looking over the edge of a cliff, maybe a step backwards is the right move.

The team without Macca was completely heartless and lazy and ineffective in defence. For all of Maccas faults, he can never be accused of any of the above.
We've had shit defence even when Mc was in the team. TBH.....defence has been a problem for us for a few years now.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.