Warriors sign another Bronco

Jeza23 said:
Gee wiz what is going on, surely Izzy isnt on the salary of 6-7 players put together

Maybe.... maybe not. But regardless, the players are hearing the same things in the media as everyone else about what izzy is getting paid, then they are getting offered a minimal upgrade of their contract (if anything) from the Broncos while other clubs offer them much much more - so they go, and the Broncos have barely made any effort to stop them going. Quite simply they are feeling unwanted and taken for granted by the club.

Surely there are dollars being loosened up under the salary cap with all these players leaving. Question is, are there any players out there worth pursuing?

We had/have enough money to keep Stagg, Boyd and Moon who all exercised options to stay, but all have been told if they can get better deals elsewhere to look. With Moon gone and unfortunately Boyd to head to the Dragons we should have a bit free to sign another couple but hopefully we won't be paying over what the likes of Te'o are worth.

Sigh..

I personally think this will be a Prince type loss.. he's only 20, and has so much more development to do- he will be one of the stars of NRL- mark my words.

**** him, sick of this shit, **** off moon, **** off boyd. good riddance dickheads.

Its sad to lose him, but he can be replaced. He's not a in a key position, and there are players like Beale, Tupou and Hoffman that arent far behind him...

Boyd and Stagg will also be leaving. No biggies but. IMO our only big losses were Hannant and Ennis. They are losses in areas we have no depth. So unless Bruno signs a cpl of front rowers and a hooker for next year i'm not going to be very happy......

moon wouldnt of had a first grade spot next year anyway. Might have gotten a bench spot at the very best.

Good luck to him, he will become a greater player and get a real shot at playing week to week.

Good on him, hope he becomes a star and helps the Warriors thrash the Dragons next year. I would have felt for him if he had stayed on here again after the s##t thats been dealt to him.

I dont think he has been dealt that much shit... its just the journey of a young player making it in grade. WB always brings 99% of them along slowly unless they are a freak like Hunt, and i back his method because look at the countless good players he has churned out.

WB is that keen on him he even wanted him at the Dragons next year, so its not like he doesnt rate him.... as a 20 year old you have to bide your time.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Good on him, hope he becomes a star and helps the Warriors thrash the Dragons next year. I would have felt for him if he had stayed on here again after the s##t thats been dealt to him.

I second that [icon_evillaugh

m1c said:
I dont think he has been dealt that much shit... its just the journey of a young player making it in grade. WB always brings 99% of them along slowly unless they are a freak like Hunt, and i back his method because look at the countless good players he has churned out.

WB is that keen on him he even wanted him at the Dragons next year, so its not like he doesnt rate him.... as a 20 year old you have to bide your time.

Erm, by all accounts Moon turned down a massive offer from Melbourne to continue playing for the Broncos, i guess under the impression he would get some chances in the first team.

Only now, because of injuries and origin is he getting his chance. Shameful treatment.

I hope he succeeds at the Warriors, because he deserves to.

He isnt going to get much a chance to play in the halves at the Warriors I dont think with Witt, Rovelli, Fien and Hohaia there.

He will struggle to get game time, even in the centres because they have Tate and Ropati.

I think he will have to make do with a bench spot at best!

Im sure lifestyle had nothing to do with it?

No players in his situation are under the impression just by signing they will get a chance.. they will only get a chance if they put in hard work and if they are the best available option at the time of an opening.

We don't know what happens behind the scenes, a lot more goes into rating a player than just his potential. I'm more than happy to place my faith in someone like WB.

I would have taken Perry over Moon every day of the week when you consider our situation last year... if that is the chance you are referring to.

He was our starting centre at the beginning of last year, and he proved he wasn't ready yet. The majority of this forum were calling for his axing if i remember correctly....

Moon will be a huge success at the Warriors, he will turn out to be the one we regret in letting go, the likes of Stagg, Ennis, Hanant and Boyd are all good players but are replaceable.

I read in the SUNDAY MAIL that Moon was offerend the number 6 at the Warriors and thats why he is joining them. Only time will tell if we regret losing him.

Beads6 said:
I read in the SUNDAY MAIL that Moon was offerend the number 6 at the Warriors and thats why he is joining them. Only time will tell if we regret losing him.

you can offer someone the number . doesn't mean they will actually play him there, if they think they have someone else playing better.

Never really set the world on fire at the broncs, whether he had a chance to is arguable, personally I don't think he would have played a key role any time soon here.

bfoord said:
Beads6 said:

you can offer someone the number . doesn't mean they will actually play him there, if they think they have someone else playing better.

EXACTLY. The Roosters offered Hodges the Number 1 jersey to get him to leave the Broncos - but they never gave it to him once they had him there.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Midean
  • Scorchie
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Spike
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.