Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
1. Kevin Walters

2. Anthony Seibold

3. Jason Demetriou

4. Michael Maguire

You didn't actually add a poll, so I've added one for you.

Whilst he is my 3rd pick, shocked demetriou hasnt got a vote yet. Poor bloke probably hasnt even met ivan henjak but if it wasnt for henjak i think demetriou would have got the position. He cant do any more at lower level but the henjak experiment has scared the club off of a rookie, and me as well, despite the fact its obvious this bloke will be a good coach when he gets the chance...

Last edited:
Whilst he is my 3rd pick, shocked demetriou hasnt got a vote yet. Poor bloke probably hasnt even met ivan henjak but if it wasnt for henjak i think demetriou would have got the position. He cant do any more at lower level but the henjak experiment has scared the club off of a rookie, and me as well, despite the fact its obvious this bloke will be a good coach when he gets the chance...
Yes his problem is both Henjak and Griffin. If they never happened he would be a shoe in - and deservedly so. That said I won't be unhappy if he gets the nod.

Last edited:
What has Siebold done that has everyone thinking he’ll be a gun?

He'll be a risk like everyone else, but I was impressed in the way he got Souffs playing this year, I think it would look even better with our rising pack and quality backs.

Last edited:
Souths had their dark days with Lang and Taylor and along came MaGuire and eventually took them to a premiership then things went bad for him. He couldn't fix it and appeared to take the shortcomings out on the players. He told 360 he had learned the error of his ways, however Seibold was given the job and Souths were back in action. Seibold has diffrent ways like ‘at times’ have the team warm in the sheds and not on the ground before a games because he believes the players benefit by not seeing the crowd or feeling the atmosphere until they run on. I can relate to that. He has his own ideas and I see that as a plus.

He'll be a risk like everyone else, but I was impressed in the way he got Souffs playing this year, I think it would look even better with our rising pack and quality backs.
I agree totally. I honestly believe we have the players and team to do the job. Some are saying Kevie beacause knows the players and our system. I'm saying we need someone who is not too familiar and prepared to make the hard calls to get us back on top. In my book Seibold is that man.

Really, all Seibold has done is get the Burgii Twins playing decent football again. Everything else was already there.

If Seibold gets the job he should quit the Rabbits immediately and spend a year under Bennett in 2019.

SOUTHS SEASON STATISTICS 2017 - Coach Michael MaGuire.
Wins: 9
Losses: 15
Position: 12th
Home Record: 4-8
Away Record: 5-7
Longest Winning Streak: 3 (Round 22-24)
Longest Losing Streak: 4 (Round 18-21)
Players Used: 30
Tries Scored: 78
Tries Conceded: 95

Got the twins playing and changed this stuff. With everything else that was already there.

Ivan Henjak & Anthony Griffin. Two elite coaches who did as much as Seibold in their first years coaching if I remember rightly.

Really, all Seibold has done is get the Burgii Twins playing decent football again. Everything else was already there.

We not giving Seibold any credit for Cook starting the season in a "positional battle" with Robbie Farah and finishing the season the NSW & AUS Hooker?

If anything that should be a massive sleight against Maguire's resume, he couldn't get the Burgess boys playing good footy after their GF win, and he was actively playing a 33 year old Farah ahead of Cook. Clearly not the best judge of talent.

As I've said repeatedly (yes like a broken record) I reckon Maguire was the man to whip us into shape and have us firing for a premiership from the get-go. Unfortunately, the Broncos board seems completely obsessed with their opinion of the 'next big thing', Anthony Siebold. He had a great first year at Souths but it is yet to be seen if this will translate into him having what it takes long-term as a first grade coach.

I am warming to JD as I do believe he will go on to be a great coach, whether it's here with us or elsewhere. We have missed the boat with Maguire as he will go to the Tigers, you can take that as fact. So it comes down to whether Siebold accepts the offer with us or is using us to bump up his asking price with Souths.

At least we don't need to worry about Kevvie. He is purely a 'token' interview as 99.9% of the general population know that he is absolutely no chance. So please, take his name down from the poll here as it is pointless having him as an option when he already has a red line ruled through his name.

As I've said repeatedly (yes like a broken record) I reckon Maguire was the man to whip us into shape and have us firing for a premiership from the get-go. Unfortunately, the Broncos board seems completely obsessed with their opinion of the 'next big thing', Anthony Siebold. He had a great first year at Souths but it is yet to be seen if this will translate into him having what it takes long-term as a first grade coach.

I am warming to JD as I do believe he will go on to be a great coach, whether it's here with us or elsewhere. We have missed the boat with Maguire as he will go to the Tigers, you can take that as fact. So it comes down to whether Siebold accepts the offer with us or is using us to bump up his asking price with Souths.

At least we don't need to worry about Kevvie. He is purely a 'token' interview as 99.9% of the general population know that he is absolutely no chance. So please, take his name down from the poll here as it is pointless having him as an option when he already has a red line ruled through his name.

We haven't seen seibold fail like Maguire either.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • jd87
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.